Mancini charged

moomba said:
Probably Unwelcome Evertonian said:
Whether or not Everton were shown on Soccer AM doing what you describe, I don't know. I won't type from behind the security of my screen and say "you are lying" but I will say I'm not convinced. Five years ago I could sleep in on a Saturday morning and into the afternoon (the joys of being child free) so the 'AM' part of it put me off back then, what with important hangovers to attend to. If it was on Soccer AM, it may be on YouTube. Would be interested to see it.

Whether you're convinced or not, I'm sure the world will keep revolving.

Phew! Good news for us both.

moomba said:
So hating Moyes and Everton (and therefore me - sob) is one of the in things in Man City now.

It's fair to say that I hate Moyes, find Everton annoying more than hate them and think that anyone that hates a poster on an internet forum is taking things way too seriously. But thats just me, theres no rules who you can and can't like.

The 'sob' was kind of to make light of the comment. There's no smileys on this board - they do help distinguish between serious and not. Whoever runs this place should get some.

moomba said:
Given his program notes a couple of months back, is fair to say he's not impressed by Man City not accepting that "No" really means "No".

Given that "No" really meant "Yes" in the end, maybe his anger should be directed at other people. There was constant talk that while Moyes was whining, we were getting a different message from the top men at Everton.

When it comes down to it, Lescott has very little to do with my dislike of Moyes anyway.

Fair enough. Certainly the Lescott saga is the reason for Moyes dislike of Man City. Certainly I have no problem with City (and I dare say the world would continue to revolve even if I did).

The "No" only became a "Yes" when the player handed in his transfer request, and the transfer request only came after a drawn out story of Man City's wanting the player, bids being rejected, so on and so forth.

I think we all know that there's little point in keeping a player there that wants to leave. The last Everton chairman that sold a player under the managers nose (Duncan Ferguson to Newcastle, by Peter Johnson) didn't last very long afterwards.

I don't think the board would be so stupid to do that again whatever message it is perceived that they sent out. Moyes has turned the club around, make no mistake. They wouldn't want to risk having him leave.

Given that Moyes has since spent all of the money since the Lescott transfer (Heitinga, Bilyaletdinov and Distin) it's doubtful that the board were after the cash (and if they were, it didn't work because it's been spent since).

Im afraid no matter what everton say, City got the nod from someone at Everton. I really do think Moyes protests to much whilst the board where noticealble by their silence. but hey sending all that money they wouldnt have had on transfers........ sound like a club leading the fans up the garden path to me. Play hard done to get a good price and buy some players, all the time blaming city for the bad run of form. Well unless Cook and Hughes poped down the east lancs and took a sledge hammer to half of your squad, i dont see how that is possible. But all the time no one blamed moyes because it was Citys fault.

Now do you see how pathetic the whole argument was, Moyes feed the fans a load of bullshit, and they happily accepted his word.

Probably Unwelcome Evertonian said:
Given that Moyes has since spent all of the money since the Lescott transfer (Heitinga, Bilyaletdinov and Distin) it's doubtful that the board were after the cash (and if they were, it didn't work because it's been spent since).

If you spent all the Lescott money on them three I'm afraid Moyes wasted the great opportunity we gave him.

When it comes down to it boards are terrified of players running down their contracts and leaving for nothing. Better sell him now and spend a portion of that money on replacements than see him leave for nothing in 2/3???? Years and have to reach into their own wallet for replacements.

Guys, just a warning about the poster calling himself Tevezblue. This guy is a total WUM, he goes on the Toffeeweb forum calling himself Ciaran McGlone. He winds up blues no end with faux intellectual posts, always posts a contrary view to the norm and attempts to demean other genuine posters by highlighting flaws in their arguments and trying to be a smart arse. Ignore the prick, he is totally bogus.

FriendlyBlue said:
Guys, just a warning about the poster calling himself Tevezblue. This guy is a total WUM, he goes on the Toffeeweb forum calling himself Ciaran McGlone. He winds up blues no end with faux intellectual posts, always posts a contrary view to the norm and attempts to demean other genuine posters by highlighting flaws in their arguments and trying to be a smart arse. Ignore the prick, he is totally bogus.
Sounds like Corky.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.