Mancini charged

Darker shade of Blue said:
m27 said:
Alreet pal, I've no real gripe with the outcome but I don't think Moyes was as innocent as you make out though. Mancini was daft so it was his own fault.

Your views on the ref? Your lads got Tevez booked and that trip by Arteta was the clearest booking you will ever see. Odd.

He had the ball for less than a second before Mancini made his move, so it's difficult to tell what would have happened had he been left to his own devices. I'm not really sure how you can question his innocense on this occasion. Again, video evidence suggests Moyes was innocent.

As for the ref, it's hard to say unless you are able to look at every decision. I've not seen highlights and didn't see the tackle you speak of.

It doesn't matter as you won fair and square. I though we were doing well until you scored and then you were literally impossible to break down before scoring that nice goal late on.

Not everyone agrees but I'd take your entire midfield over ours. I think, with Fellani fit, the mix and balance is perfect. Money and Ireland for Arteta, Cahill, Pienarr and Fellaini in the summer? How good are Rodwell and Gosling by the way, are you going to hang on to them?

I've certainly been impressed when I've seen them.

m27 said:
He had the ball for less than a second before Mancini made his move, so it's difficult to tell what would have happened had he been left to his own devices. I'm not really sure how you can question his innocense on this occasion. Again, video evidence suggests Moyes was innocent.

As for the ref, it's hard to say unless you are able to look at every decision. I've not seen highlights and didn't see the tackle you speak of.

It doesn't matter as you won fair and square. I though we were doing well until you scored and then you were literally impossible to break down before scoring that nice goal late on.

Not everyone agrees but I'd take your entire midfield over ours. I think, with Fellani fit, the mix and balance is perfect. Money and Ireland for Arteta, Cahill, Pienarr and Fellaini in the summer? How good are Rodwell and Gosling by the way, are you going to hang on to them?

We have some very good players in our midfield and it's been difficult to see how it might work best as we've had injuries to such players as Arteta and Fellaini just when they were in the best form of their Everton careers, which has kept them apart from playing alongside each other.

Both are top top players, as is Pienaar, who is unbelievably classy, and has found himself in Artetas absence. Osman is playing very well, and looks to have his class back, and Heitinga is looking a very good buy indeed. Cahill has had a poor season by his own standards but has been chipping in with a few better performances. Nev is Nev, only the new Nev has discovered step overs, which could be the difference between our midfields. It is this sole fact that underlines our superiority lol.

Rodwell and Gosling are nothing special, and will probably be thrown back in the reserves next year, or loaned out to 3rd division sides. Nothing to see there I'm afraid.

m27 said:

We have some very good players in our midfield and it's been difficult to see how it might work best as we've had injuries to such players as Arteta and Fellaini just when they were in the best form of their Everton careers, which has kept them apart from playing alongside each other.

Both are top top players, as is Pienaar, who is unbelievably classy, and has found himself in Artetas absence. Osman is playing very well, and looks to have his class back, and Heitinga is looking a very good buy indeed. Cahill has had a poor season by his own standards but has been chipping in with a few better performances. Nev is Nev, only the new Nev has discovered step overs, which could be the difference between our midfields. It is this sole fact that underlines our superiority lol.

Rodwell and Gosling are nothing special, and will probably be thrown back in the reserves next year, or loaned out to 3rd division sides. Nothing to see there I'm afraid.

Those stepovers are not new. The slowest in living memory.

Surprising to hear you say that about the two kids though

m27 said:

Those stepovers are not new. The slowest in living memory.

Surprising to hear you say that about the two kids though

Sorry bud, was afk.

It was a 'hands off' comment lol.

They're both coming on very well indeed. 2 very different players, both with good qualities. Peeps tend to get more excited about Rodwell, but Gosling is worthy of adulation in his own right, and is often asked to do what nearly every other Everton player for some time has failed to do, and that's command our right wing, be it as a winger or as right back. He is still to sign a new contract, as is Pienaar, so we need to make a move.

Rodwell does something different in many matches. Whether it's passing the ball about nicely, or scoring from the half way line, or doing what he did to you, or to United, he is certainly a very talented footballer, and a very big point for discussion.
Don't get me wrong, he does make the odd mistake, but so does every player, and Jack's learning his trade.

He's probably the biggest talent we've had since Rooney. Many rate him as the most talented young player in the Prem, if not the world, but I'm more inclined not to get too excited too soon. He'll probably become the subject of much speculation come the transfer window.

The biggest problem clubs with money have, is that we are very close to having an awesome squad of players. Only a few players are needed to really give us a squad capable of challenging, and maintaining that challenge. Rodwell would cost a small fortune, and I don't think we'd be in a hurry to sell. If you tried to bully us, by paying a rediculous amount of money, you would risk giving Moyes the opportunity of building a side of undoubted talent, that could be around for a long time, and that would be too much of a risk for City I feel. We were without a dozen players in the early stages of this season. I can't remember being without so many players to injury in 40 years. We have many back now, and you can see how we are playing, and we're still without the likes of Fellaini etc. We played probably poorly against you, in comparison to our recent form, but it was a good win all the same.

I feel our midfield is stronger yes.

Probably Unwelcome Evertonian said:
Perhaps the funniest thing I have read on here (page 14 of the 'Mancini Charged' thread if you are interested) and maybe it's a 'Flavour of the Month' thing what with Moyes clearly being public enemy number 1... I read here that David Moyes is in fact solely responsible for M-M-M-M-Multiball being stopped. Seriously - that's not true! At all! Same story, but a different manager's name has been put in to suit this weeks enemy. I can honestly say that the Multiball thing had nothing to do with Moyes and he's never played such tactics. Albeit they are quite funny - probably less so if you are involved.

I think I'm the one that made the suggestion, glad that you found it amusing.

Are you denying that against Man United at Goodison Park, Everton went 1-0 up and an Everton official was spotted on camera walking around to all the ballboys gathering up the spare balls and putting them in a bag?

FWIW I never suggested that Moyes was the only manager indulging in underhanded tactics (Colin Wanker was another from memory) but IMO it was that footage of the Everton official (shown first on Soccer AM IIRC) that caused the rules to be changed.

Also FWIW, the article you linked was for a coke league match. I'm fairly sure multiball had already been banned in the premier league by this stage. As far as I know it still can be used in the lower leagues (still with controversy).;

Well for what it its worth I have a little more respect for Gollum now.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/mar/27/david-moyes-roberto-mancini-argument" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010 ... i-argument</a>

moomba said:
Perhaps the funniest thing I have read on here (page 14 of the 'Mancini Charged' thread if you are interested) and maybe it's a 'Flavour of the Month' thing what with Moyes clearly being public enemy number 1... I read here that David Moyes is in fact solely responsible for M-M-M-M-Multiball being stopped. Seriously - that's not true! At all! Same story, but a different manager's name has been put in to suit this weeks enemy. I can honestly say that the Multiball thing had nothing to do with Moyes and he's never played such tactics. Albeit they are quite funny - probably less so if you are involved.

I think I'm the one that made the suggestion, glad that you found it amusing.

Are you denying that against Man United at Goodison Park, Everton went 1-0 up and an Everton official was spotted on camera walking around to all the ballboys gathering up the spare balls and putting them in a bag?

FWIW I never suggested that Moyes was the only manager indulging in underhanded tactics (Colin Wanker was another from memory) but IMO it was that footage of the Everton official (shown first on Soccer AM IIRC) that caused the rules to be changed.

Also FWIW, the article you linked was for a coke league match. I'm fairly sure multiball had already been banned in the premier league by this stage. As far as I know it still can be used in the lower leagues (still with controversy).;

I'm finding it tough enough to remember a time when we were 1-0 up against Man U at home!!! This must be the Duncan Ferguson header where Scholes (I think) and Gary Neville were both sent off and Moyes clearly called Ferguson (what my phone would say in predictive text) an 'Aunt'!

Whether or not Everton were shown on Soccer AM doing what you describe, I don't know. I won't type from behind the security of my screen and say "you are lying" but I will say I'm not convinced. Five years ago I could sleep in on a Saturday morning and into the afternoon (the joys of being child free) so the 'AM' part of it put me off back then, what with important hangovers to attend to. If it was on Soccer AM, it may be on YouTube. Would be interested to see it.

To be fair, perhaps multiball exposed stuff that goes on anyway. I remember on MOTD a couple of seasons back, Alan Shearer taking great delight in the ball girl throwing the ball back to an opposition player while the goalkeeper was stranded, and it costing the home team a goal - can't even remember the teams involved now, but it was definitely Shearer analysing the game. Shearer made the comment that she would probably never be chosen to be ball girl again, which in itself implies that the ballboys/girls are briefed to not help the opponents too much. Multiball just makes it more obvious that it happens.

So hating Moyes and Everton (and therefore me - sob) is one of the in things in Man City now. Fair enough - all clubs have their hate figures. I saw the comment on another thread along the lines of "he hates us, so it would be rude not to hate him back". Given his program notes a couple of months back, is fair to say he's not impressed by Man City not accepting that "No" really means "No". Obviously it still wrangles him now. Remember, when those bids were being made Jolean was our only fit centre back and he rated Jags and Lescott as the best centre defensive partnership second only to Terry and Carvalho. But what is done is done.

At least we're united in our opinions of Stevie GBH.

Whether or not Everton were shown on Soccer AM doing what you describe, I don't know. I won't type from behind the security of my screen and say "you are lying" but I will say I'm not convinced. Five years ago I could sleep in on a Saturday morning and into the afternoon (the joys of being child free) so the 'AM' part of it put me off back then, what with important hangovers to attend to. If it was on Soccer AM, it may be on YouTube. Would be interested to see it.

Whether you're convinced or not, I'm sure the world will keep revolving.

So hating Moyes and Everton (and therefore me - sob) is one of the in things in Man City now.

It's fair to say that I hate Moyes, find Everton annoying more than hate them and think that anyone that hates a poster on an internet forum is taking things way too seriously. But thats just me, theres no rules who you can and can't like.

Given his program notes a couple of months back, is fair to say he's not impressed by Man City not accepting that "No" really means "No".

Given that "No" really meant "Yes" in the end, maybe his anger should be directed at other people. There was constant talk that while Moyes was whining, we were getting a different message from the top men at Everton.

When it comes down to it, Lescott has very little to do with my dislike of Moyes anyway.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.