Mancini (cont)

jollylescott said:
adrianr said:
FantasyIreland said:
If they were his true beliefs then i expect he will do,however,if he isnt a fan of Mancini and thinks otherwise,then i suspect Kompany would keep a silence.

Kompany doesnt strike me as the type of man to simply pay lip service.

Also not the man to say something that would jeopardise the team though. Coming out and slamming the manager never really helps anyone. He'd be diplomatic as he always is.

Truth be told, whilst the manager is the manager, and the players are at that club, when asked they'll be nice about it. The truth tends to come out when everyone has gone their separate ways (That's not to be confused with 'I think Silva and Clichy are talking shit' - I think they do both like life under Mancini, Silva especially. He's one of the crown jewels of the team).

In my view Merlin's opinion carries an enormous amount of weight. Any time one of the Crown Jewels offers an opinion I think the Club needs to sit up and take note.

I have always been of the view that Roberto should have another season to right the wrongs of the European odyssey. I think he really needs to sit back at season end and look objectively (with Txiki) at areas that can be improved. As Merlin said, no Manager is perfect and each has a different style, and there comes a point where the players on the park have to take responsibility as well.

I can see where DD, NH, Billy and Tolm etc are coming from, but I personally don't think the time is right to make such a monumental change. I have also noted the comments of Clichy about continuity and how a change at the top can for the short term, slow down the building of the team.

Good post, and absolutely, it's not some bitter fringe player mouthing off. And I would fully expect Txiki to take the opinions of players like Silva on board, but they will be personally obtained, not taken from a paper interview. Again, I think the interview is a genuine reflection of his feelings; he's been one of the stand out Spanish players outside of Barca/Real Madrid in world football, and ousting any of them into the national team is a huge huge achievement - I think he considers Mancini to be a big part of that. I'm sure this isn't the first time he's publicly spoken well of him either.

Real consider AVB as Jose replacement........
-----------------------------------------------------------
By Jason Burt, Football Correspondent
11:59PM BST 13 Apr 2013

No approach has been made, but according to sources in Spain, Villas-Boas was also under consideration when it appeared Mourinho might leave last year.

It is highly unlikely that Spurs would want to lose Villas-Boas who only arrived last summer, signing a three-year contract following Harry Redknapp’s sacking.

The 35-year-old Portuguese was sacked by Chelsea in March 2012, after a difficult few months in charge of another of Mourinho’s former clubs, where Villas-Boas also worked previously, but has since done well at Tottenham.

Villas-Boas’s positive approach has helped rebuild his reputation in England after his bruising experience – that may change again, of course, if Spurs fail to finish in the top four.

Nevertheless his reputation has remained high in Europe. It is likely, given the shrewd negotiating stance taken by Spurs chairman Daniel Levy, that Villas-Boas will have a high release clause in his contract.

Should Real harden their interest, it also remains to be seen whether Villas-Boas would want the post given the stable working environment that he has enjoyed at Spurs, where he is developing the team.

Villas-Boas also felt, when he returned to England, that he had unfinished business in the Premier League.

Another former Chelsea manager, Carlo Ancelotti, has also been strongly linked with Real if he leaves Paris St-Germain this summer.

There have even been suggestions that there may be some kind of job-swap with Mourinho, although PSG have recently indicated they may want to extend Ancelotti’s contract.

Swansea City coach Michael Laudrup and former Real coach Jupp Heynckes, who is leaving Bayern Munich at the end of this season to make way for Pep Guardiola, have also been linked to the Real job which Mourinho will leave after three years in charge at the end of the season.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wow,i'm shocked at the above,however,genuine question.......

Why do we think it is Mancini isnt on the list of currently employed 'possibles' for arguably the most prestigous job in world football?

FantasyIreland said:

No approach has been made, but according to sources in Spain, Villas-Boas was also under consideration when it appeared Mourinho might leave last year.

It is highly unlikely that Spurs would want to lose Villas-Boas who only arrived last summer, signing a three-year contract following Harry Redknapp’s sacking.

The 35-year-old Portuguese was sacked by Chelsea in March 2012, after a difficult few months in charge of another of Mourinho’s former clubs, where Villas-Boas also worked previously, but has since done well at Tottenham.

Villas-Boas’s positive approach has helped rebuild his reputation in England after his bruising experience – that may change again, of course, if Spurs fail to finish in the top four.

Nevertheless his reputation has remained high in Europe. It is likely, given the shrewd negotiating stance taken by Spurs chairman Daniel Levy, that Villas-Boas will have a high release clause in his contract.

Should Real harden their interest, it also remains to be seen whether Villas-Boas would want the post given the stable working environment that he has enjoyed at Spurs, where he is developing the team.

Villas-Boas also felt, when he returned to England, that he had unfinished business in the Premier League.

Another former Chelsea manager, Carlo Ancelotti, has also been strongly linked with Real if he leaves Paris St-Germain this summer.

There have even been suggestions that there may be some kind of job-swap with Mourinho, although PSG have recently indicated they may want to extend Ancelotti’s contract.

Swansea City coach Michael Laudrup and former Real coach Jupp Heynckes, who is leaving Bayern Munich at the end of this season to make way for Pep Guardiola, have also been linked to the Real job which Mourinho will leave after three years in charge at the end of the season.

Why do we think it is Mancini isnt on the list of currently employed 'possibles' for arguably the most prestigous job in world football?

is it cos ''jason burt'' says so?!

Keith Moon said:
Nevermind the dutch, how cool does Bobby look in the train to Wemberly video..!
Dig the Sherlock Holmes vibes .<br /><br />-- Sat Apr 13, 2013 8:19 pm --<br /><br />WINNER..........

Mario Balotelli has told ­Manchester City that Roberto ­Mancini is the only man who can make them champions again.

The madcap Italian striker has come out shooting from the lip in a staunch defence of the underfire City boss.

Balotelli believes that ­Mancini has already built the best squad in the Premier League despite ­Manchester United’s 12-point lead at the top of the table.

And he has called on City’s owners to back the Italian by allowing him to embark on a mega-money ­recruitment drive in the ­summer.

“Mancini is the only coach who can win the title back off Manchester United,” said Balotelli, who has seen City fail to keep pace with Sir Alex Ferguson in the three months since he left the Etihad.

“I can tell you now that every player at the club wants to play for him ­because he’s a winner.

“Manchester City have the ­strongest squad and the best players in the ­Premier League and that ­includes Manchester ­United.

Italian job: Balotelli has been a success since moving to AC Milan
Marco Luzzani

“United have very good strikers and can probably be seen as equal to City in that department but, in ­midfield and defence, there is no ­competition.

“Roberto has said that the gap does not reflect the difference between the teams and he is absolutely right.

“How can United win the league? Well these things just happen in ­football.

“Maybe the only difference is the experience the Manchester United players have in winning the title.

“But Manchester City are going to make big signings in the summer — the owners and Roberto will do this.

“Already there is talk of big players like Falcao and Neymar joining a big club in the summer, these are the sort of players City will be going for.

“There will be more than one big player coming I am sure — but never another Mario!”

Boy from Brazil: City have been linked with Neymar
Shaun Botterill

Mancini staked his reputation on taming Balotelli before finally ­admitting defeat in January when he sanctioned the striker’s £20million departure to AC Milan.

The Blues manager has since blamed his team’s failure to match United on their failure to score enough goals.

But Balotelli believes the Blues will now win the FA Cup before using ­another Wembley triumph to once again wrest the title from the rivals they beat at Old Trafford on ­Monday night.

“I think City will now win the FA Cup this season,” he said.

“It won’t make up for losing the league title, but the fans now want a trophy every season and winning at ­Wembley is always good for the club.

“I am also sure that City will do ­everything they need to do in the summer to win the title next year — and that is what I expect to ­happen.”

Meanwhile, David Silva insist Roberto Mancini deserves all the credit for their success.

FantasyIreland said:

I guess the obvious answers are; (1) they don't think he's good enough (which would put him in the same category as people like Sam Allardyce and Harry Redknapp), or (2) they know he won't be available (which would put him in the same category as people like Baconface and Klopp).

I guess we'll have a better idea in the summer.

FantasyIreland said:

Who has drawn up the list,Madrid or the press?
Frank De Boer and Pellegrini aren't on any list I've seen either.

FantasyIreland said:

Mancini signed a five-year contract? Would cost alot to get him.

Wonder if the hit squad DD, Haircut and shears will be doing the right thing today and getting down to wembley to support rm and the team. Or will they be sat at home waiting for an opportunity to get stuck in on here?

bondsman said:
Wonder if the hit squad DD, Haircut and shears will be doing the right thing today and getting down to wembley to support rm and the team. Or will they be sat at home waiting for an opportunity to get stuck in on here?

My, my, you're almost a voyeur...

Blue Heaven said:
bondsman said:

My, my, you're almost a voyeur...

Well I'll be at home, as I was for the semi final against United.

I don't agree with the semi-finals at Wembley and gave my tickets to somebody else to enjoy the day.

That's the thing about conviction and principles, you don't change them just because a majority might be doing something else.

Enjoy your day blues, give 'em a cheer for me.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.