Mancini fear of failure?

tolmie's hairdoo said:
I see various fragments of opinion regarding Mancini, ultimately, how do we progress forward as it stands?
What? Fragments of opinion? What does that mean? Ultimately,how do we progress forward as it stands? What the fuck does that mean?

Ultimately - In the end, finally. We are not at the end of anything. There are 10 games left in the league, that's more than 25% of the points still available and we are THIRD.

How do we progress forward as it stands? - Firstly one can only progress forwards. The opposite is to regress. Secondly, as what stands? Are you suggesting something should change after 75% of a season where we are in 3rd place in the league and well placed in 66% of the cups we entered?

I suggest we get behind the team and see what the next 3 months have to offer. I've applied for tickets to the Europa League final.
Do City become successful when the manager is unable to not have everyone pulling in the same direction?

Have you been drinking? This sentence makes less sense than the first.
"Do city become successful". Do you mean Will city become successful? If so what is your measure of success? The clubs stated aim is CL qualification what's yours?

"When the manager is unable to not have everyone pulling in the same direction". This is a double negative and could be simplified to "When the manager is able to have". However, I believe you mean to say that the manager is unable to get everyone pulling in the same direction. If that is the case could you explain who everyone is and how you know they are not all pulling in the same direction?

That goes for, players, fans, whoever.

Please be specific as to who you think it is as my ambitions are in line with the managers, players and clubs.

I credit Mancini for having the balls to take the job in the situation he was presented with last season.

I'm sure he'll be delighted but what situation? We had a poor manager, he was replaced. It's nothing new in football.

He has been on a massive learning curve, since.

Err... Please show your workings as I don't see any more steep a curve than any manager going to any new league. As far as learning about football, I consider Bobby considerably more knowledgable than many of the other Premier league managers.

However, I believe the team has been treading water for weeks, getting away with it against lesser opposition.

We have progressed in 2 cups and maintained our league position. A net gain.

Tiredness and not enough personal and collective responsibility, was there for all to see against Fulham.

And yet when the manager talks of tiredness he is ridiculed.

But I believe if he doesn't sort his head out, and quick, it will cost him his.

Most importantly, it will cost City, dearly.

He will be judged by our end of season position.

In my opinion Mancini has taken a massive gamble on bringing Balo to the club. Players of Balo's nature can rock the boat. Players like Tevez and Silva just want to play football. Balo thinks he's the dogs bollocks when in fact he's making the headlines for all the wrong reasons.

Mancini is certainly under pressure. But in my heart of hearts I still think he has that winners mentality that you need to be successful.

We are going through a bad patch for sure. Most of us City fans have never been in this position before where we have realistically a good team that can and should be challenging for honours.

wednesday could well be the defining point of our season. Win and we move onto the next game. Lose and it could all go down the pan. The media will have a field day. The players heads could stay down and the fans just might start getting on Mancini's back.

Kiev will be a difficult game, whether or not wwe win or lose on Wednesday against Villa.

Its upto some of our primadonnas to stand up and be counted on Wednesday.

The pressure is on. As fans lets keep dreaming. I followed city all my life, im 38 years old. All I ask whether city win or lose is that the players, management and all the staff have city's best interests at heart and give it there best shot. If they do that, I can't complain and I think Mancini is giving his all and Rome wasn't built in day!!!!

I love the way some people's views on the manager seem to change from month to month...

From Guru to Gormless in less than a handful of games!

I believe one of the biggest problems with Mancinni ,is that he doesnt know his best side, we are always chopping and changing,you have no chance guessing the team on the way to the game , it is different every week,
when it comes to the really big games (Spurs at home) the likes of Fergie etc always know their best 11 , I think we are still searching for it and trying to accomodate players into the tteam by playing otthers out of position

tolmie's hairdoo said:
waspish said:
Let's all get behind Mancini 100% and push our team for top four and a trophy!! I dont like Mancini going on about 3 games a week injuries and the players are tied to much negativity! I'd rather him be positive and say our squads strong enough and players now a days are that fit 3 games a week is no problem! Also we have some excellent youngsters who can always play a big part!

The sentiment is commendable, but it's very difficult for me to continue backing a horse which shows no sign of getting back into the race.

Certainly to the extent, he's got his whip out way too early, and is letting the other runners and riders know, our chances are slim.

You can't rely on youngsters at this stage. Nor whould we. Mancini spent a lot of money getting 'his' team.

As it stands - both Kolarov and Boateng will never be more than squad players and can't be relied upon to defend consistently.

Balotelli and Dzeko, far too early for them to carry the burden.

It in the exisisting nucleus of deadwood, and top performers, who he can't motivate and gameplan enough, to get us where we should be.

"The sentiment is commendable, but it's very difficult for me to continue backing a horse which shows no sign of getting back into the race."

So you have give up on the team/Mancini?.......

I've backed plenty of horses who fall back into the pack only too have a second wind in the last 1/4 of a furlong! To finish too 3.....

Soulboy said:
I love the way some people's views on the manager seem to change from month to month...

I'm more surprised at the number of people who would rather take the Comical Ali route of ignoring current form, results, performances, and suggesting that we're still going to walk into a top 4 spot.

BillyShears said:
Soulboy said:

I'm more surprised at the number of people who would rather take the Comical Ali route of ignoring current form, results, performances, and suggesting that we're still going to walk into a top 4 spot.

Im willing to go on record and bet with you that we will finish in the top 4??

Gelsons Dad said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
I see various fragments of opinion regarding Mancini, ultimately, how do we progress forward as it stands?
What? Fragments of opinion? What does that mean? Ultimately,how do we progress forward as it stands? What the fuck does that mean?

Ultimately - In the end, finally. We are not at the end of anything. There are 10 games left in the league, that's more than 25% of the points still available and we are THIRD.

How do we progress forward as it stands? - Firstly one can only progress forwards. The opposite is to regress. Secondly, as what stands? Are you suggesting something should change after 75% of a season where we are in 3rd place in the league and well placed in 66% of the cups we entered?

I suggest we get behind the team and see what the next 3 months have to offer. I've applied for tickets to the Europa League final.
Do City become successful when the manager is unable to not have everyone pulling in the same direction?

"Do city become successful". Do you mean Will city become successful? If so what is your measure of success? The clubs stated aim is CL qualification what's yours?

"When the manager is unable to not have everyone pulling in the same direction". This is a double negative and could be simplified to "When the manager is able to have". However, I believe you mean to say that the manager is unable to get everyone pulling in the same direction. If that is the case could you explain who everyone is and how you know they are not all pulling in the same direction?

That goes for, players, fans, whoever.

Please be specific as to who you think it is as my ambitions are in line with the managers, players and clubs.

I credit Mancini for having the balls to take the job in the situation he was presented with last season.

I'm sure he'll be delighted but what situation? We had a poor manager, he was replaced. It's nothing new in football.

He has been on a massive learning curve, since.

Err... Please show your workings as I don't see any more steep a curve than any manager going to any new league. As far as learning about football, I consider Bobby considerably more knowledgable than many of the other Premier league managers.

However, I believe the team has been treading water for weeks, getting away with it against lesser opposition.

Tiredness and not enough personal and collective responsibility, was there for all to see against Fulham.

But I believe if he doesn't sort his head out, and quick, it will cost him his.

Most importantly, it will cost City, dearly.

I can assure you he is being judged on more than end of season position.

Whether you choose to believe it, well, that is none of my business or concern.

As for your other bullet points, simply based on your perspective of everything in the garden appearing to be rosy.

Ultimately, Mancini attaining success, gives us what we all crave.

My optimism has been reduced quicker than yours.

tolmie's hairdoo said:
Gelsons Dad said:

I can assure you he is being judged on more than end of season position.

Whether you choose to believe it, well, that is none of my business or concern.

As for your other bullet points, simply based on your perspective of everything in the garden appearing to be rosy.

Ultimately, Mancini attaining success, gives us what we all crave.

My optimism has been reduced quicker than yours.

I can assure you , and the rest of City fans , that you don't know nothing about what is happening behind the clese doors, N O T H I N G.

Mancini - ohhh said:
BillyShears said:

Im willing to go on record and bet with you that we will finish in the top 4??

Maybe we will...hell, personally I think we'll sneak it as well...but anyone who suggests we shouldn't be concerned about the way the team has seemed so lacklustre since the turn of the year is IMO ignoring what is in front of their eyes...

I believe yesterday's performance/result was a watershed moment in terms of how Mancini is viewed by our owners - of course I'm just speculating - but there were shades of the Hull match last season which many believe sealed Hughes' fate...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.