Mancini fear of failure?

tolmie's hairdoo said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:
i think the mentality of it all, with the 2 cup replays you go from a "must win" mentality to a "oh it's a league game" and I just think they didn't get up for it on sunday for whatever reason.

And surely the nub of the debate, certainly for many?

Mancini's first obligation as a football manager, is to have his players up for it, each and every time.

So are the players buying in, not listening, or flicking a switch in spite of him.

exactly the point I made several pages ago.

For me several players don't like Mancini, some need more time and the others probably do but some of them aren't game changers.

The lack of leadership in the team is an issue, just notice how much more settled and composed the midfield becomes with Vieira just imposing himself, I know he's not really got it nowadays but he still does ok most of the time.

tolmie's hairdoo said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:
i think the mentality of it all, with the 2 cup replays you go from a "must win" mentality to a "oh it's a league game" and I just think they didn't get up for it on sunday for whatever reason.

Mancini's first obligation as a football manager, is to have his players up for it, each and every time.

So are the players buying in, not listening, or flicking a switch in spite of him.

Nevermind that, the league's the fucking priority - not the FA Cup....the players know this, the manager knows this, the supporters know this, and the owners certainly know it as it's their call. So why then are we seemingly throwing the league position we built in the early part of the season away...

JoeMercer'sWay said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:

exactly the point I made several pages ago.

For me several players don't like Mancini, some need more time and the others probably do but some of them aren't game changers.

The lack of leadership in the team is an issue, just notice how much more settled and composed the midfield becomes with Vieira just imposing himself, I know he's not really got it nowadays but he still does ok most of the time.

Vieira's best game in a City shirt and we only look threatening from corners when he plays.

IMO, Mancini seems to have a pre-conceived idea of how the Premier League pans out.

He identifies games he thinks we should win, in itself, completely disrespectful to opponents, but fair enough.

The issues have been this mentality and application festers into the team, the fans, and that is the manager's fault.

Birmingham, Fulham, Blackburn, Stoke - there is a direct linkage to results and performance/atmosphere levels.

Just as the formations to take a point against Arsenal away and United at home proves the case further.

You can't plan like that in this country. It only take two or three key players to under-perform, and we are off it.

BillyShears said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:

Nevermind that, the league's the fucking priority - not the FA Cup....the players know this, the manager knows this, the supporters know this, and the owners certainly know it as it's their call. So why then are we seemingly throwing the league position we built in the early part of the season away...

Think people need to chill out with regards to this the players are flicking a switch kind of theory. Maybe just maybe on Sunday we weren't good enough and last night we were, believe it or not thats football for you, i don't think anyone on Sunday didn't want it, we just weren't good enough. I don't think we looked tired either, just one of those games where we couldn't get going after they got level

BillyShears said:

Are you going off one draw on Sunday? Mancini has always played his strongest side in the league and his reserve players in the cups so it's pretty obvious where his loyalty lies.

We won last night, we're on the brink of a semi at Wembley and these posts seem to be getting more and more negative. It's a pity we can't enjoy wins these days without there being problems within a victory.

jay_mcfc said:
BillyShears said:

Are you going off one draw on Sunday? Mancini has always played his strongest side in the league and his reserve players in the cups so it's pretty obvious where his loyalty lies.

We won last night, we're on the brink of a semi at Wembley and these posts seem to be getting more and more negative. It's a pity we can't enjoy wins these days without there being problems within a victory.

Not talking about Mancini's team selection mate, but the players performances. Flat against Fulham and then up and at 'em against Villa in the cup. Seems odd when we all know the league is the priority...

jay_mcfc said:
BillyShears said:

if you knew all that the "cabal" know you would not be so quiet....

BillyShears said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
Those getting carried away by last night have not addressed one clear observation.

We didn't look tired against Villa.

Funny that, considering we played 48 hours previously, and 48 hours previously to that, more or less with the same personel.

Which begs the questions, are the players are flicking a switch whenever they fell like it. Top players can do this.

Was the performance against Villa purely down to what was on it?

They downed tools against Fulham. Surely most of us can see that City, when they get their noses in front, are a very different animal.

Vieira made a big impact for us.

It was a non contest. Villa's midfield didn't fancy it, stood off us, and let us play. May as well have been a training match from the moment the first goal went in...

The point regarding players flicking switches I think is true to some extent - certainly you have to wonder how Yaya went from Viera's older brother to Steven Gerrard in his prime in the space of two days...

Maybe just the fact he was playing in the position he has been most consistent in all season was a factor - he can't play defensive midfield in the prem, to slow off the mark, the atacking position however and he is immense

And as for downing tools? for fuck sake

BillyShears said:
jay_mcfc said:

Not talking about Mancini's team selection mate, but the players performances. Flat against Fulham and then up and at 'em against Villa in the cup. Seems odd when we all know the league is the priority...

We were hardly up and at 'em against Villa were we Billy? The tempo in the last two games has been slow.

tolmie's hairdoo said:
Vieira's best game in a City shirt and we only look threatening from corners when he plays.

Villa allowed Vieira to have what I would say was his only decent game in a City shrirt. He's so immobile that if you get straight into him and harass him as soon as he received the ball, he will lose it through lack of pace.

Stand off him and he can play.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.