Mancini fear of failure?

Didsbury Dave said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
Vieira's best game in a City shirt and we only look threatening from corners when he plays.

Villa allowed Vieira to have what I would say was his only decent game in a City shrirt. He's so immobile that if you get straight into him and harass him as soon as he received the ball, he will lose it through lack of pace.

Stand off him and he can play.
He played well and looked more mobile than most of our players on Sunday, Fulham didn't by any means stand off him.

Villa stood off us last night, that's at least part of why we made it look like a walk in the park. They certainly weren't the strongest opposition but at this point in time a low intensity game like that could be a godsend, unless of course you believe the tiredness/fatigue malarkey is just an excuse.

One or two of our esteemed`posters seem to think that footballers are automatons. Just turn up and play to the same high standard every game. If you have played any sport at any level you know this just doesn't happen.

Football being a team game is even more complex. Have United played well all season? Arsenal?

These are new players bedding in. Frankly it is embarrassing the slating of the players and the manager. Especially after a decent win.

Balotelli is exceptionally talented for his age. But he is young and will have plenty of off days. But his goal per start ratio is looking pretty good. And as someone has said his goal last night was actually better than Rooney´s. The way he peeled off into space, read the ball´s movement and then put it in the only place he could.

Yaya and Silva are class players who compliment each other well.

It´s looking good if you take a broad perspective.

tolmie's hairdoo said:
Those getting carried away by last night have not addressed one clear observation.

We didn't look tired against Villa.

Funny that, considering we played 48 hours previously, and 48 hours previously to that, more or less with the same personel.

Which begs the questions, are the players are flicking a switch whenever they fell like it. Top players can do this.

Was the performance against Villa purely down to what was on it?

They downed tools against Fulham. Surely most of us can see that City, when they get their noses in front, are a very different animal.

Vieira made a big impact for us.
Seriously? It comes down to Tevez and Silva. Those two drive us forward and push us at the opponents. Against Fulham, Tevez did appear tired and got a rest for a good portion of last night's game. Silva was out. He was back last night pushing us forward. Notice how much of our passing game while very good consists of knocking it around near the halfway line. When do we go forward after that? When Silva gets himself into position is when. Otherwise we go for a long pass or long shot which doesn't have the same level of success.

Skashion said:
SWP's back said:
That's me, the brown nosing desperate one and you would know!

Anyway, go and ram a potato in your mates gob before he makes himself sound even more like the 3 brain-celled pillock that he is.

As has been stated in the previous two pages, a loss last night and you lot would have added 30 pages more to this thread by 9am.

Last nights game was entirely my cup of tea thanks and that of those in the stadium. Did you hear the noise? It was like old times for the main part.

Fuck me Dave, I have been saying that all along.

Top 4 and or cup and he keeps his job.

Less and he doesn't but you are the one saying he should be sacked whatever earlier in the thread.

You are not going to make me dig it up are you?

Yep. Irrational is the word on that. As I have said, if Mancini fails to delivery top 4 this season, I would be gutted and would not expect the board to keep him. But top 3 and perhaps 2 cups and Dave would have rid. That would have nothing to do with the team or our results and everything to with a personal agenda against Mancini or as you say, just wanting attention on here. Not sure which.

Check your PMs mate.

You sure leotards are coming back in?<br /><br />-- Thu Mar 03, 2011 4:11 pm --<br /><br />
tolmie's hairdoo said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:
i think the mentality of it all, with the 2 cup replays you go from a "must win" mentality to a "oh it's a league game" and I just think they didn't get up for it on sunday for whatever reason.

And surely the nub of the debate, certainly for many?

Mancini's first obligation as a football manager, is to have his players up for it, each and every time.

So are the players buying in, not listening, or flicking a switch in spite of him.

No team allowed an off day anymore?

didsbury dave

are you saying that vieira seriously didn't have a good game?

were you laughing with mark hughes at the weekend?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.