Mancini: Fight Fire With Fire!

Lowering your standards? Come off it, the standards of Mancini's tedious tippy-tappy rubbish couldn't be lower.

Best get your team to man up ready for a proper game of football in some proper English conditions on Wednesday night. Shame you don't have Robinho anymore.

StatesideStokie said:
I really hope he is serious because if he is, you can forget any chance you might have had of beating us. Blackburn tried it a few weeks back and were on the end of a 3-0 beating, and they are far better equipped to try and take us on at our own game than your lot. We have built a team that plays the game a certain way week in and week out, and for Mancini to think he can just show up on Wednesday and out play us at our own game is bordering in the ridiculous.

'take us on at our own game' Ha Ha whats that Aussie Rules ? thank god all the teams with no money dont resort to that crap, Id stop watching the prem if they did

dr_7d8f2b93a9c9e7cc400b91314879f88d.jpg

nimrod said:
StatesideStokie said:
I really hope he is serious because if he is, you can forget any chance you might have had of beating us. Blackburn tried it a few weeks back and were on the end of a 3-0 beating, and they are far better equipped to try and take us on at our own game than your lot. We have built a team that plays the game a certain way week in and week out, and for Mancini to think he can just show up on Wednesday and out play us at our own game is bordering in the ridiculous.

'take us on at our own game' Ha Ha whats that Aussie Rules ? thank god all the teams with no money dont resort to that crap, Id stop watching the prem if they did

dr_7d8f2b93a9c9e7cc400b91314879f88d.jpg

You can do better than that fella, i know you can. ;-)

MysticalDescent said:
Lowering your standards? Come off it, the standards of Mancini's tedious tippy-tappy rubbish couldn't be lower.

Best get your team to man up ready for a proper game of football in some proper English conditions on Wednesday night. Shame you don't have Robinho anymore.

So explain how you would actually beat us without Delap's throws?

Dont get me wrong i understand you have to do what you have to do too compete and i don't blame you. But please ALL football fans would rather watch Arsenal than Bolton wouldn't they?

I agree with the Stoke fans that we do not have a cat in hells chance of beating them at their own game.
We have to play our own game whatever that is with Mancini.
I for one think that it is good to have other club's fans contributing as long as they are as intelligent as the ones up until now on this topic.
I don't see why we can't have a decent discussion with other fans.
The ones who just want to slag each other off just show their ignorance.

Trigger said:
MysticalDescent said:

Dont get me wrong i understand you have to do what you have to do too compete and i don't blame you. But please ALL football fans would rather watch Arsenal than Bolton wouldn't they?

Delap's throws were our main source of goals for about 4 months. Now they're just an added weapon to place pressure on the opposition and win us set pieces. Of late, they've been effective against teams with physically weak defences or lower league opposition (of course, you could argue that physically weak liabilities like Toure and Gallas belong in lower leagues) and have, as mentioned, been primarily used as just another way of keeping the ball in the opposition half. Football is about chance creation and we put the ball into the box at every opportunity. When we play you, you seem more concerned about keeping it on the halfway line.

There are plenty of ways we could score against you on Wednesday. Do you remember the neat little move and cross that led to Beattie's goal against you last year? Glenn Whelan's goal from 30 yards last week? On his day, Fuller can tear any defence apart and we will, of course, be a threat from all the set pieces.

If Arsenal had resorted to this kind of style against teams like Stoke they would of wont he league for the last few years.

Trigger said:
MysticalDescent said:

Etherington has 5 goals and 10 assists this season and has been on fire (remember we're a defensive team who don't score many but let very few in aswell so that is a cracking return) but unfortunately he's out so we'll look to keeping it tight and a bit of magic from Fuller or Tuncay will do the trick hopefully. If not then set pieces with the threat of Shawcross and Huth is also a strong area for us. Delap WILL be playing though so the question should really be "How are you going to stop us scoring" as you can look ropey at the back. We're not at all ropey at the back but i appreciate you have a lot more attacking quality to try and break us down. It's a typical chess game from two completely different teams and what makes football so great in my opinion.

Yes i like to watch Arsenal play but i prefer to watch them play Bolton than the other top teams where they often (not always) end up in a "who can cheat the ref the most" competition or drab affairs like your game against Liverpool.

We will not resort to playing the ball high and long and looking for set pieces. Not a chance.
We are simply not equipped to do it but we can and will beat Stoke playing the game we want to play but maybe with a different approach to their attacking game.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.