Mancini: Fight Fire With Fire!

Nelly's Left Foot said:
We will not resort to playing the ball high and long and looking for set pieces. Not a chance.
We are simply not equipped to do it but we can and will beat Stoke playing the game we want to play but maybe with a different approach to their attacking game.

I suggest the first one would be to drop Toure and play Kompany and secondly don't play two or three defensive midfielders that you don't need as we rarely play through there anyway lol.

I fancy us to win on wednesday we not going to fuckin Madrid ffs .
Lets face it yes we didnt turn up last tuesday but we still took all they give us and it took an error from Shay to gift them a goal in the end .
Now all the top teams go there and compete and battle with them for 60 odd mins then the class will shine through in the end .
Man City 3-0 ( SWP , Bellamy 2 )

If we try to beat them at their own game, as Mancini is suggesting, then we will lose. We cannot play better anti-football than Stoke. We don't have the players to do that... and i'm glad we don't.

Just like to point out (if nobody else has) that with Kompany at centre half with either Lescott or Toure, we have yet to concede a goal under Mancini - hardly ropey, although obviously 4/5 of those were at home where we're stronger. Kompany and Lescott is his first choice pairing and if we stick with that we'll be much more solid.

Stoke h 2-0
Wolves a 3-0
Portsmouth h 2-0
Bolton h 2-0
Liverpool h 0-0

As for playing Stoke at their own game, Mancini's comments are either deep genius or laughable. The way to beat Stoke is to move it around at pace on the deck and exploit the fact that they are absolute sh*te. If you get drawn into a long ball
battle, you're simply making life easy for their carthorses.

cool cat said:
I fancy us to win on wednesday we not going to fuckin Madrid ffs .
Lets face it yes we didnt turn up last tuesday but we still took all they give us and it took an error from Shay to gift them a goal in the end .
Now all the top teams go there and compete and battle with them for 60 odd mins then the class will shine through in the end .
Man City 3-0 ( SWP , Bellamy 2 )

Funny that. On one hand you take the piss saying we're not Real Madrid and on the other you give yourself credit for "taking all we could give you" despite us playing a large chunk of the game with 10 men, still taking the lead, your goal was a bit lucky off the post and we had another fair goal dissallowed.

We're little old Stoke mate with a team built on a relative shoestring. We don't expect to be hammering you. That's your perogative. ;-)

All we expect is to give it all and at the very least make you earn your victory. If you turn up and play well you will win no question. But will you or will the atmosphere, the aggression and aerial bombardment get to your players?

We shall see and i for one can't wait. ;-)

Graham The Baker said:
Just like to point out (if nobody else has) that with Kompany at centre half with either Lescott or Toure, we have yet to concede a goal under Mancini - hardly ropey, although obviously 4/5 of those were at home where we're stronger. Kompany and Lescott is his first choice pairing and if we stick with that we'll be much more solid.

Stoke h 2-0
Wolves a 3-0
Portsmouth h 2-0
Bolton h 2-0
Liverpool h 0-0

As for playing Stoke at their own game, Mancini's comments are either deep genius or laughable. The way to beat Stoke is to move it around at pace on the deck and exploit the fact that they are absolute sh*te. If you get drawn into a long ball

To be fair mate i wasn't suggesting your defence is always ropey but against us in the last two games Toure and Given have stood out as not really looking up to our aerial threat. It's fine looking at games against Pompey, Wolves and Liverpool but we all know we offer a completely different challenge.

Kompany always looks a lot more solid though and i've always rated him.

Won't Toure be playing then do you think?

I'll ignore all the shite carthorse stuff. ;-)

To Stoke guys on my posts, I am not trying to have a go, I appreciate your views and enjoy PROPER debate not wind up, I think your team have done excellent but worry when on paper we are trying to match you! we have everything having spent a fortune to beat you so trying to match aint good enough!

You play to your strengths and having got a qulity forward line we should play to ours and attack, this is what Hughes did and Mancini didn't! and although we did not always get what we wanted it was still an enjoyable game.

The scum played Everton and got beat but had a go, w went there got beat and sat back! we will never win anything until we change our mentality and believe we CAN and WILL beat every team, OUR TACTICS need to change!

Rather attack and play football than resort to lumping the ball 60 yards every time we get it like Stoke do .......The modern day Wimbledon with the exception that Wimbledon actually had some very good players ...........Lets start with leaving at least 3 men forward every time they have a throw in or corner ...........Means they will keep at least 4 players back and the area will be far less crowded .........Mancini insisting on having all players back is playing into their hands ..

Correct if we turn up at even 75% we'll win doesnt matter how "up for it" you are .
Will it a be a full house ? i doubt it so the "amazing loyal and loud fans" advantage will be thrown out of the window straight away .
I haven't any time for your shit club and shit " jonny come lately" fans .

Graham The Baker said:

Stoke h 2-0
Wolves a 3-0
Portsmouth h 2-0
Bolton h 2-0
Liverpool h 0-0

Sorry, but you are incorrect. Kompany played in the 4-1 win over blackburn. He even passed the ball to Pedersen for their goal... I think.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.