Mancini Football Management Skills

I think I'm done in the football forum for the time being. I haven't been in here much this season and have been pretty happy with the defence of our title. It was never going to be easy and whilst we have been nowhere near our best, we are unbeaten and sit just a couple of points off the top. Europe always was a bonus for me so I'm still happy.

A few days on here and it changes your mood. To read stuff like DD has just posted has me shaking my head in disbelief. See you in the celler

Gelsons Dad said:
The term "class" is often used on this forum and I hear it bandied about on the terraces on the few occasions I can make it to games. Normally directed to opposition fans and exclaiming their lack there of.

We are currently going through the most successful period in our history and people are criticising the team and manager.

It beggars belief.

The term 'knowledgeable' clearly isn't used often enough.

DuD and Dildo dave - You're entitled to your opinions, but that's all they are... opinions.

Let's look at some facts...

Champions 2011-12 - Man City - Manager Roberto Mancini
FA Cup Winners 2010-11 - Man City - Manager Roberto Mancini
Currently 3rd in the Prem, unbeaten, and the second lowest number of goals conceded - Man City - Manager Roberto Mancini

Mancini - Successful = FACT

DuD and Dildo - Gobby over-expectant shitehawks = FACT

You two would probably have sacked Joe Mercer during 1968-69.

Show us your medals boys. You know; all those medals you got for football, not jogging or swimming a length.

Show us your coaching badges.... The football ones, not those you got for mentoring old people on the internet.

Hmmm... not got any then? What a surprise.

If you want to change the club, get your money out and buy it off Sheik Mansour. Until you do shut the f*ck up.

You're supposed to be City fans. Try supporting the club.

Champions.

DD said:
I have to keep saying it because no-one ever addresses the points made. It's just global "you're wrong" without any reasoning.

I don't buy the argument that we are still 'learning to play in the CL'. The current Dortmund team and their coach are in their second year in the CL and have just taken 4 points off Real Madrid. Malaga have qualified after four games by taking four points off Milan and winning their other two. How often have PSG been in the Champions League recently?

You can argue that City messed up at the Bernabau and that was maybe a lack of experience, but taking 1 point from 2 games against an average Ajax team is down to nothing other than ineptitude.

Mancini is the most overrated and lucky manager in European football right now. He was given the cheque book and the resources to turn City into a European giant and at the moment he is turning a great looking team into a shambles. Any half decent coach would have walked the Premier League last season with our squad, yet he is praised basically because we won it, and won it in such dramatic style. But that papers over the huge cracks in his managerial style.

This CL campaign is showing him up for what he is, a chequebook coach with no real ability to alter things for the better. Forget comparisons with Ferguson and his first two CL campaigns. He didn't have anywhere near the resources or playing staff that Mancini has at his disposal right now. Do you honestly believe if any one of Ferguson, Wenger, Mourinho, Guardiola, Klopp, Hiddink, Capello or even Benitez had been given that team and that chequebook that they would have us bottom of this group with 2 points, or would have not had that league won with games to spare last season?

The league was won in spite of him, not because of him. His tactics and substitutions are baffling, and he consistently gets about 75% out of his players rather than a 100%.

The shame is good posters like Glen Quagmire have been banned for this sort of blatent wummery

wummery

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.