Mancini haters: bad news - he is going nowhere.

Mancini want to stop playing with only one striker.This formation is not suitable for the team.Mancini is a good coach.We need to give him some more time.His aim of this season is to finish in top 4.......
Best of luck for our team for the game against Wigan

Pressure will be apllied, whether we as City fans are the ones to do it, or not.

It is naive for anyone to think Mancini is working without pressure from above - because he very much is.

He stresses his own winning mentality, as a result, if wins are not forthcoming at an anticipated rate, he will know better than anyone what is in the wind.

Mancini does not have his own argument for success available to him at present.

That will be the only correct time for us as punters, to add to his expectations and failings.

Someone coined the saying 'A Week is a long time in politics'.

It has since been used with regards football.

Anything but three points at Wigan, defeat in the Cup - all out panic and the knives will be out.

Wins against Chelsea and Juve, all is sweetness and light once more.

It is folly until at least December for our detractors to be given added fuel for the fire.

Rammy Blue said:
There will be nothing to get concerned about anyway as we will romp top4.
If we don't suffer many more injury crisis and find our shooting boots I would agree but right now the football gods appear to be punishing us for some unknown reason.

tolmie's hairdoo said:
Pressure will be apllied, whether we as City fans are the ones to do it, or not.

It is naive for anyone to think Mancini is working without pressure from above - because he very much is.

He stresses his own winning mentality, as a result, if wins are not forthcoming at an anticipated rate, he will know better than anyone what is in the wind.

That will be the only correct time for us as punters, to add to his expectations and failings.

Anything but three points at Wigan, defeat in the Cup - all out panic and the knives will be out.

It is folly until at least December for our detractors to be given added fuel for the fire.

And that coming from someone who spent the whole second half of last season totally undermining the manager by insisting that he was a dead man walking and would be replaced as soon as the season ended...

So it's nice to see that you've changed your emphasis and are actually supporting some sort of patience with the manager.

Nice one.

Soulboy said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:

And that coming from someone who spent the whole second half of last season totally undermining the manager by insisting that he was a dead man walking and would be replaced as soon as the season ended...

So it's nice to see that you've changed your emphasis and are actually supporting some sort of patience with the manager.

Nice one.

Whether your belief of undermining him was some sort of agenda on my part, you are incorrect in terms of my support for Mancini.

It has been total. Mancini or Jose, it was win/win.

And that's exactly how the management structure viewed it, also.

If I am incorrect in that assessment, subsequently posting when I did, that Khaldoon had gone into the dressing room to thank the players on behalf of Sheikh Mansour, and to inform them Mancini was staying, however unpalatable it may have been for you at the time, this was not a question of applying pressure to Mancini for the sake of a supposed dislike of Mancini.

It was based in truth.

The difference between Mancini and Hughes is like night and day.

Mancini has a likeability factor, I believe the consensus is that most people would love him to do well.

But my support is never based on blind faith.

tolmie's hairdoo said:
Soulboy said:

Nice one.

Whether your belief of undermining him was some sort of agenda on my part, you are incorrect in terms of my support for Mancini.

It has been total. Mancini or Jose, it was win/win.

And that's exactly how the management structure viewed it, also.

If I am incorrect in that assessment, subsequently posting when I did, that Khaldoon had gone into the dressing room to thank the players on behalf of Sheikh Mansour, and to inform them Mancini was staying, however unpalatable it may have been for you at the time, this was not a question of applying pressure to Mancini for the sake of a supposed dislike of Mancini.

It was based in truth.

The difference between Mancini and Hughes is like night and day.

Mancini has a likeability factor, I believe the consensus is that most people would love him to do well.

But my support is never based on blind faith.

I honestly never doubted your motives or agenda... I'm sure you were only relaying on information that had been given to you.

And as i said at the time, never be THAT sure that your source is correct.

Unforrtunately, your info fed the anti-Mancini views on here and only helped in putting ever more pressure on him, as many on here believed that Mancini was simply holding the fort until Mourinho turned up.

Because that didn't happen is not your fault, and I never once considered what you were doing had any impact upon Mancini's position, but others on here bought into it and it caused havoc on this board if you remember?

All I'm trying to say is that there are gullible people on here who believe what is being said. A bit like the WOW! signing that was expected...

I know you mean well and I would never doubt your loyalty to the club, but you are a strong voice on here, and you know it!

I'd just like to point out that Mancini hasn't been in charge for only 4 games, and he isn't being criticized based on only 4 games. He's been in charge for nearly a year, has had the benefit of two transfer windows, and has by all accounts, a squad which he feels is good enough to win things for years to come...<br /><br />-- Mon Sep 13, 2010 1:09 pm --<br /><br />
Soulboy said:
I honestly never doubted your motives or agenda.. I'm sure you were only relaying on in fornation that had been given to you.

Unforrtunately, your info fed the anti-Mancini views on here and only helped in putting ever more pressure on him, as many on here believed that Mancini was simply holding the fort until Mourinho turned up.

Because that didn't happen is not your fault, and I never once considered what you were doing had any impact upon Mancini's position, but others on here bought into it and it caused havoc on this board if you remember?

All I'm trying to say is that there are gullible people on here who believe what is being said. A bit like the WOW! signing that was expected...

I know you mean well and I would never doubt your loyalty to the club, but you are a strong voice on here, and you know it!

To be honest Soulboy, the responsibility last season rested on the shoulders of Khaldoon, Cook, and Marwood, to back Mancini - something they didn't do until almost the last game of the season. It's a bit harsh to insinuate that TH was causing havoc on Bluemoon - City were by not telling the playing squad that Mancini was there for the long term, and allowing the thoughts that he was a stop gap to fester in and around the club...

BillyShears said:
I'd just like to point out that Mancini hasn't been in charge for only 4 games, and he isn't being criticized based on only 4 games. He's been in charge for nearly a year, has had the benefit of two transfer windows, and has by all accounts, a squad which he feels is good enough to win things for years to come...

-- Mon Sep 13, 2010 1:09 pm --

Soulboy said:
I honestly never doubted your motives or agenda.. I'm sure you were only relaying on in fornation that had been given to you.

To be honest Soulboy, the responsibility last season rested on the shoulders of Khaldoon, Cook, and Marwood, to back Mancini - something they didn't do until almost the last game of the season. It's a bit harsh to insinuate that TH was causing havoc on Bluemoon - City were by not telling the playing squad that Mancini was there for the long term, and allowing the thoughts that he was a stop gap to fester in and around the club...

To be honest, I thought they did back Mancini. I never read once that you were ever questioning his appointment and they gave absolutely no indication that they were looking to replace him.

I appreciate that there were murmurings from within the squad that all was not well (and I have recently been informed of similar comments within the squad, hence my revised view of Mancini's managerial ability for this club...) but that does not necessarily reflect the views of the management. And I don't suppose it does even now.

The fact that Bellamy, Onuoha and Ireland were moved on (and Logan, Jo and Michael Johnson given squad numbers) suggests that the vote went with the manager rather than the players.

So I don't wish to dig up old ground, and I take your point that Mancini is now on open season for criticism as he has been in charge long enough to form an opinion...

While last season I was a keen advocate of the manager in terms of showing patience, all bets are off now as he has had his honeymoon period!

As i posted during the close season, I'm not convinced we are in as strong a position as we should be at this stage. But we'll see how things pan out...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.