Mancini haters: bad news - he is going nowhere.

BillyShears said:
I'd just like to point out that Mancini hasn't been in charge for only 4 games, and he isn't being criticized based on only 4 games. He's been in charge for nearly a year, has had the benefit of two transfer windows, and has by all accounts, a squad which he feels is good enough to win things for years to come...

-- Mon Sep 13, 2010 1:09 pm --

Soulboy said:
I honestly never doubted your motives or agenda.. I'm sure you were only relaying on in fornation that had been given to you.

And as i said at the time, never be THAT sure that your source is correct.

Unforrtunately, your info fed the anti-Mancini views on here and only helped in putting ever more pressure on him, as many on here believed that Mancini was simply holding the fort until Mourinho turned up.

Because that didn't happen is not your fault, and I never once considered what you were doing had any impact upon Mancini's position, but others on here bought into it and it caused havoc on this board if you remember?

All I'm trying to say is that there are gullible people on here who believe what is being said. A bit like the WOW! signing that was expected...

I know you mean well and I would never doubt your loyalty to the club, but you are a strong voice on here, and you know it!

To be honest Soulboy, the responsibility last season rested on the shoulders of Khaldoon, Cook, and Marwood, to back Mancini - something they didn't do until almost the last game of the season. It's a bit harsh to insinuate that TH was causing havoc on Bluemoon - City were by not telling the playing squad that Mancini was there for the long term, and allowing the thoughts that he was a stop gap to fester in and around the club...

Mancini has been in charge for less than 9 months and 3 of those months we didn't play a competitive game so bit of an over exageration on the time he's been here as it doesn't paint the full picture. Also he's had the benefit of two transfer windows but the main bit of transfer business has only just taken place and it's difficult to judge how he's done with that as we've only played 4 games and he's had 3 of his main signings out for most of the leauge game. However despite the postives there are also some negatives and people are going to have reservations about him rightly or wrongly. He's got no excuse for not bringing results over a FULL season when you consider the amount of money he's spent and the quality of players he's got at his disposal, and he'll know that as well as me and you

Failsworth_Blue said:
Mancini has been in charge for less than 9 months and 3 of those months we didn't play a competitive game so bit of an over exageration on the time he's been here as it doesn't paint the full picture. Also he's had the benefit of two transfer windows but the main bit of transfer business has only just taken place and it's difficult to judge how he's done with that as we've only played 4 games and he's had 3 of his main signings out for most of the leauge game. However despite the postives there are also some negatives and people are going to have reservations about him rightly or wrongly. He's got no excuse for not bringing results over a FULL season when you consider the amount of money he's spent and the quality of players he's got at his disposal, and he'll know that as well as me and you

My point was simply that people who keep saying "it's only been four games FFS" - aren't looking at the bigger picture. We struggled at times against the lesser sides last season. It was Hughes' downfall, and a trend which seemed to continue under Mancini even if we did become a more cohesive unit. Unfortunately, it seems that four games into this season, due to some bad luck, terrible finishing, and IMO questionable team selections, we've ended up dropping daft points again.<br /><br />-- Mon Sep 13, 2010 1:28 pm --<br /><br />
TheMightyQuinn said:
Always cheers me up to think that some blues revel in our own misfortune.

Some Blues? We've been reveling in our own misfortune since the late 70's...it's hardly a new trend!

BillyShears said:
My point was simply that people who keep saying "it's only been four games FFS" - aren't looking at the bigger picture. We struggled at times against the lesser sides last season. It was Hughes' downfall, and a trend which seemed to continue under Mancini even if we did become a more cohesive unit. Unfortunately, it seems that four games into this season, due to some bad luck, terrible finishing, and IMO questionable team selections, we've ended up dropping daft points again.

But, that IS the reality. Four games of his own players and tactics.

Last year, he couldn't rock the boat. He had to continue what was done under Hughes, in many ways, for consistency.

Now, he has his own pure training methods, tactics, players and such.

So, yes, I can look at it as four games, as should everyone else.

BillyShears said:
Failsworth_Blue said:

My point was simply that people who keep saying "it's only been four games FFS" - aren't looking at the bigger picture. We struggled at times against the lesser sides last season. It was Hughes' downfall, and a trend which seemed to continue under Mancini even if we did become a more cohesive unit. Unfortunately, it seems that four games into this season, due to some bad luck, terrible finishing, and IMO questionable team selections, we've ended up dropping daft points again.

I agree with that, normally you have to have a look at the whole picture when discussing a manager and how they've done however it's difficult to judge how a manager has done when they've not been there for a whole season and had to pick up the peices half way through the season. They don't have time to access their squad as they're thrown straight in at the deep end as games come thick and fast. To me last season is history and it's what Mancini does this season with the players he's now brought in and the talent at his disposal that he'll be judged on as theres no 'excuses' of him not having the players he wants to play in the system he wants. 4 games in and the performances to me have been pretty good overall however we need to stop dropping daft points in games where were the better teams and create chances

Soulboy said:
To be honest, I thought they did back Mancini. I never read once that you were ever questioning his appointment and they gave absolutely no indication that they were looking to replace him.

I appreciate that there were murmurings from within the squad that all was not well (and I have recently been informed of similar comments within the squad, hence my revised view of Mancini's managerial ability for this club...) but that does not necessarily reflect the views of the management. And I don't suppose it does even now.

The fact that Bellamy, Onuoha and Ireland were moved on (and Logan, Jo and Michael Johnson given squad numbers) suggests that the vote went with the manager rather than the players.

So I don't wish to dig up old ground, and I take your point that Mancini is now on open season for criticism as he has been in charge long enough to form an opinion...

While last season I was a keen advocate of the manager in terms of showing patience, all bets are off now as he has had his honeymoon period!

As i posted during the close season, I'm not convinced we are in as strong a position as we should be at this stage. But we'll see how things pan out...

A lot of it is old ground, but I think that if things don't go as they should, it will be down to the two big criticisms people have had of Mancini since he arrived...namely his man management technique, and his overly rigid tactical approach to the game.

'That however is a worst case scenario, and as someone said earlier in the thread, my gut feeling is still that we'll walk a top 4 place, and will be actually fighting for 2nd/3rd place this season. My glass is always half full...;- )<br /><br />-- Mon Sep 13, 2010 1:43 pm --<br /><br />
Failsworth_Blue said:
I agree with that, normally you have to have a look at the whole picture when discussing a manager and how they've done however it's difficult to judge how a manager has done when they've not been there for a whole season and had to pick up the peices half way through the season. They don't have time to access their squad as they're thrown straight in at the deep end as games come thick and fast. To me last season is history and it's what Mancini does this season with the players he's now brought in and the talent at his disposal that he'll be judged on as theres no 'excuses' of him not having the players he wants to play in the system he wants. 4 games in and the performances to me have been pretty good overall however we need to stop dropping daft points in games where were the better teams and create chances

I agree with what you're saying to some extent. It's never ideal for a manager to take over mid season. However, it softens the blow when you inherit a squad which already has the likes of De Jong, Tevez, Kompany, Kolo, Barry, and nominally AJ (he came in within weeks of Mancini). It further softens the blow when you get given a blank cheque book for your summer spending.

To be honest I agree with 99% of the positive stuff written about Mancini in this thread. We've been excellent at times this season, and some of the possession football has been top class. I started a thread yesterday about Roberto not adapting his tactics slightly because of the injuries we have, and that for me, is probably my only real cause for concern right now...

Bigga said:
BillyShears said:

Last year, he couldn't rock the boat. He had to continue what was done under Hughes, in many ways, for consistency.

Eh?

He's been here since December 2009. He is judged on his entire tenure.

I think Mark Hughes drummed this wierd theory that a manager can't be judged until he has bought his own 11 players into City fans heads, to protect himself.

It's a load of rubbish. Managers deal with the cards they have when they join. No manager gets to buy new players in every position.

Mancini got dealt a pretty good hand when he came and he has been given incredible amounts of cash to supplement that hand.

It is clearly taking time to get going properly this season, but it isn't diastrous yet. We've played well in patches and had some bad luck.

Overall, during his 9 month tenure he's got some things right and some wrong in my opinion. If we click and start winning games the last 9 months will be forgotten, and put down to his bedding in period.

I just pray for everyone's sake it starts to happen soon.

Didsbury Dave said:
Bigga said:

Eh?

I think Mark Hughes drummed this wierd theory that a manager can't be judged until he has bought his own 11 players into City fans heads, to protect himself.

It's a load of rubbish. Managers deal with the cards they have when they join. No manager gets to buy new players in every position.

Mancini got dealt a pretty good hand when he came and he has been given incredible amounts of cash to supplement that hand.

It is clearly taking time to get going properly this season, but it isn't diastrous yet. We've played well in patches and had some bad luck.

Overall, during his 9 month tenure he's got some things right and some wrong in my opinion. If we click and start winning games the last 9 months will be forgotten, and put down to his bedding in period.

Are you suggesting that when Mancini took over, he started with his own methods, his own entire training routine and worked with players he felt could do the job he wanted??

No manager, in their right mind, would overhaul everything when in touching distance of the Chump's League positions!

We haven't really played that much bad football at all this season, Spurs was ropey, Liverpool was excellent, Sunderlands keeper was amazing and Blackburn (Samba) defended very, well, last minutely excellent, I admit that we should be taking our chances, wich we've had a lot of to be fair, and more of them SHOULD be rattling the net, but up to now I think we've been unlucky, as well as getting refs like Mark fucking Clatterburg.

;)

Didsbury Dave said:
Eh?

Good post DD.

Unless you believe Mancini chose to continue using Hughes' training methods and tactics for the remainder of last season...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.