Mancini - "I got it wrong" post match interview

DSonBlue said:
sammyvine said:
I really hope he goes.

Even if we finish 4th, I think we will be EMBARRASSED in the CL.

Try pinning it on the manager all you like, but the players on the pitch were at fault, some of the passes were totally embarassing, with neither the conviction nor the thought that should have gone into them (and that you expect from a professional footballer).

Too many of the players were coasting it, which is why we lost.

Mancini picked an almost identical team to the one that beat them 3 nil, and they had Gerrard back then too.

Calm down you pricks.
And our shittest players tonight (and throughout the season for that matter) were signed by who?

Soulboy said:
It's a sad state of affairs when dozens of people on this website raise serious concerns about the team selection, and they get it right while the manager gets it wrong...

Nobody here could manage the team

He just never learned that he can't set up the team to be so direct with those snails in midfield and fullback. He tried to please Dzeko by scarifying the possession game with direct play set up and hope some core English players, who suppose to be familiar with this system, will response well, but no, his gamble failed big time!

the players just didnt seem to fancy it at all, effort or commitment wasnt there, never mind the "I got it wrong" from mancini, the players should stand up and take some responsibility for a poor showing

gaz76 said:
amazes me how many people can not see what mancini was admitting to, our team cannot function without a defensive midfielder, we started the game without one and the dippers capitalised big style, 1 nil down from a goal that would never have happened had our main dm been on the pitch, yaya was told to play there at 1 nil down but he went awol, hey presto 3 nil down. it was so obvious, dalglish seen it from the team sheet, mancini seen it and admitted to it, it wont happen again

what's gareth bleedin barry's role then?!

Personally I think his mistake was to tell the team to take it easy and not get an injury before Saturday.

Obviously that back fired and Carlos got his early injury, Balo came on and we just did'nt have any guts through the middle where we needed it.

I just think it was a catologue of mistakes.

Lets brush ourselves down and get ready for Saturday. We will be a different team and lets shove it up the rags.

Joga Bonito said:
Soulboy said:
It's a sad state of affairs when dozens of people on this website raise serious concerns about the team selection, and they get it right while the manager gets it wrong...

Nobody here could manage the team

But we'd do it fer nowt!

I agree with last post, it seems they were under orders to stroll through the game. Perhaps this is why Tevez got injured. You are more likely to get hurt in half arsed attempts at clearing the ball that putting everything into it........ ;)

But, its plainly obvious there isnt much respect towards Mancini from the players. What he has done to deserve this I dont know. Maybe lack of communication skills. It was confirmed to me by last night performance and dont give a shit attitude. Also Saint James' reaction to getting subbed...lack of respect.

Saying that it will be a different beast that rolls out at Wembley I am certain.

Biggest stage, biggest performance. Please!!

This is what's wrong with City tactically if or if not mancini realised it,

1) Milner and Barry are one of the most defensive negative approach uneffective players in City, they keep draggin the team back while we should be attacking.

2) Not putting on Shaun wright philips and Vieira. To tell you the truth mancini, they have wonderful experience and Vieira is part of the invincibles which would work perfectly when City is in the wembley.

3) STOP DEFFENDING MANCINI! We don't need any defensive approach for now, lets put in attacking force like putting those 4 : Dzeko, balottelli, tevez and silva in one match together and stop worrying about injuring.

4) What's wrong with you Mancini, putting a defensive tactics on Arsenal and Chelsea match while you can attack and win. Thats what happens when you let a Italian coach in because they are affraid of the big england clubs.

5) STOP USING 4-5-1 On Big Matches, We DON"T WANT DEFEND, WE Want WIN.

6) ACCEPT IT OR YOUR REIGN AS MANAGER WILL BE FAST GONE IN CITY.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.