Mancini in or out? *Update first page*

Re: Mancini in or out?

In.

I'm not about to expect a man to do what no one has done for this club since 1976, regardless of our wage bill, in this short a period of time. He has us closer to winning something than we've been in a long time and the season is not over, so for today Mancini IN.

I feel like nobody here talks about how that MCFC side that was coming on around Christmas was a more stable lineup than this one, with players bedding in together to some degree. Then we lost DeJong, AJ, Milner and Silva for different spells. Kolarov was moved out of position just when he had a few games under his belt at LB. Kolo's gone now. Tevez seems tired and, for now, unavailable. Questions linger still as to whether he wants to be here or not.

Now, this is the point where lots of people say "why did he let all those squad players go"? REALLY??? Bellars, who I loved in the side, ran his mouth, pissed on the team and left. Adebayor, to my memory, loafed around the pitch quite a bit before getting the transfer he wanted. Bridge wasn't fitting in, truth be told. Roque SC? REALLY?

I feel that Mancini came here with the first focus being to tighten up the back end, and he just about has done. Now, if he was given time to work with this roster in a healthy state right now, I think we would see a different style of play. Take AJ for instance - are you going to tell me you've never seen a player fall in or out of favor with a manager, regardless of fans opinions? It's rather common. I think we're all going to see a lot of him as this season winds down, as long as he is healthy.

I could give a shit about what happens after the season. I'll worry about that when it comes. For now, I have football to enjoy and I intend to back the Club, top to bottom. What I am a fan of is MCFC.

Also, I'm not blind or stupid. If this season ends and we do not get CL, then I will accept that he may get the sack. So be it. That was the mandate give by the owners. If he can't deliver and they sack him, then that is that. I'm CTID, not ManciniTID. Or TevezTID or BaloTID or whatever.

In In n

i cant believe just because we lost a game, ppl are calling to change the manager. pls remember building a strong team takes time, and so far we have achieved a lot in this direction, and we certainly need more time. No doubt we will be much better next season. If you have read the interview with kompany, he was saying something along those lines.

plus, if we change the manager now, we will have to start from scratch again.

Out...he has had 15 months to create his team but they are turning into the least attractive side in the country. Quite frankly I hate watching them these days. I would much prefer that we play attacking football and finish 5-6th than dour negative stuff and creep into the CL qualifying round by finishing 4th. No need to attract better players as the squad we already have (including Weiss, Adebayor and some others on loan) is good enough. We just need a good motivator who can get more than 60% out of them every game.

In. It's a dip in form that's all. Squad have 2 weeks off now, they will come back strong and raring to go. No European distraction (sadly) to get in the way, so maximum 10 games left over 2 months.

lionheart said:
Out...he has had 15 months to create his team but they are turning into the least attractive side in the country. Quite frankly I hate watching them these days. I would much prefer that we play attacking football and finish 5-6th than dour negative stuff and creep into the CL qualifying round by finishing 4th. No need to attract better players as the squad we already have (including Weiss, Adebayor and some others on loan) is good enough. We just need a good motivator who can get more than 60% out of them every game.

i dont think you are true to your words there... no city fan will be happy with 6th position this season as its a degradation from last year even if city plays an attacking style.........
bobby has almost sorted out the defence... now give him some more time to deal with the offence.....

albindgreat said:
bobby has almost sorted out the defence... now give him some more time to deal with the offence.....

Sorted out? i'd say stumbled upon....

Boateng and Kolarov have hugely disappointed,and with Kolo suspended,that left him little option than to include players he didn't initially see as being capable.

As for the 'offence',how much more time and money does he require in an effort to address what should have been the priority in the past two windows?

FantasyIreland said:
albindgreat said:

Sorted out? i'd say stumbled upon....

Boateng and Kolarov have hugely disappointed,and with Kolo suspended,that left him little option than to include players he didn't initially see as being capable.

As for the 'offence',how much more time and money does he require in an effort to address what should have been the priority in the past two windows?

stumbled on?????..... thats why we have the second best defensive record in the league.........

citijin said:
In In n

i cant believe just because we lost a game, ppl are calling to change the manager. pls remember building a strong team takes time, and so far we have achieved a lot in this direction, and we certainly need more time. No doubt we will be much better next season. If you have read the interview with kompany, he was saying something along those lines.

plus, if we change the manager now, we will have to start from scratch again.

Hi citijin,So sad what has happened in your homeland.. Are things ok for you mate. ??

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.