Mancini in!

SalfordCityBlue said:
Why? We were playing 9 men and (I think) 4-1 up?

Mancini usually gets slated for being negative. Makes a very positive change and what happens? He gets criticised for that too...

Shite.

And it was great management to pull Bridge out of the fire. Took the spotlight off him and what he might do at the final whistle.

agreed, it got the big man on to hold up the ball as well as getting Bridge out of the limelight.

Fuzzmaster101 said:
mcfc_die_hard said:
i havent ever said i want him sacked i have said i am abit worried by his tactics in the recent games but today all credit has to go to him because he got that spot on!

well done bobby manc
I think he played almost the exact same tactics today as he played for Stoke at home/away and that was the problem. The tactics are spot on for today but not spot on for other teams. If he starts changing the style of play depending on opposition we will do well. Must also mention that the players played a blinder today and weren't so good away at Hull, home against Stoke (cup), and away against Stoke (league). Tactics have been suspect but so have the players performances. I hope we can kick on from here and a Stoke victory today really gives us a shout of 3rd again especially if we win at the Emirates later this season. Always said I wanted 3rd. ;)

We played well against Stoke. Sending off and that throw changed it is all. Tactics today corrrect, tactics at Stoke correct. City are rising. Those who can't get off their arses to rise with it. Stay on your arses at home. Our ground, club, management, team and fans don't need ya.

Well done City!

Rammy Blue said:
SalfordCityBlue said:
Why? We were playing 9 men and (I think) 4-1 up?

Mancini usually gets slated for being negative. Makes a very positive change and what happens? He gets criticised for that too...

Shite.

And it was great management to pull Bridge out of the fire. Took the spotlight off him and what he might do at the final whistle.

agreed, it got the big man on to hold up the ball as well as getting Bridge out of the limelight.

I didn't criticize just thought it was strange for his normal game plan but hay it worked

SHITE

spanishblue said:
I am not complaining but i still found it strange Bridge for RSC

I saw Mancini on SSN Italy, said that bridge had a problem with the adductor muscles , match was won and he try to score more for the table

Fuzzmaster101 said:
mcfc_die_hard said:
i havent ever said i want him sacked i have said i am abit worried by his tactics in the recent games but today all credit has to go to him because he got that spot on!

well done bobby manc
I think he played almost the exact same tactics today as he played for Stoke at home/away and that was the problem. The tactics are spot on for today but not spot on for other teams. If he starts changing the style of play depending on opposition we will do well. Must also mention that the players played a blinder today and weren't so good away at Hull, home against Stoke (cup), and away against Stoke (league). Tactics have been suspect but so have the players performances. I hope we can kick on from here and a Stoke victory today really gives us a shout of 3rd again especially if we win at the Emirates later this season. Always said I wanted 3rd. ;)

His tactics were spot on against Stoke and the performance was one of the best under Mancini. The only thing that let the Stoke game down was poor finishing. If we had taken our chances we would be going to Stamford Bridge next week to piss on them again.

Fuzzmaster101 said:
mcfc_die_hard said:

well done bobby manc

I get the feeling that Mancini had a look at our horrible run of fixtures, thought 'oh sh*t', and decided to try and get the tactics that would be needed for those games sorted by using them against Stoke/Hull/Portsmouth/Bolton etc. Not a bad move imo, it did result in some poor performances, but I think we saw his approach paying dividends today - I wouldn't have wanted us to play 4-5-1 for the first time against Chelsea.

Why is there even debate just 2 months into his reign as manager? Hughes had us in a bloody relagation battle in his first half of his first season and he was defended to the hilt by some of the same people who want Mancini out for all his 18 months. Let me be clear I didn't really want Hughes out in the first place but I didn't have a choice so I'll stand by our current manager as the man for the job untill he's had a reasonable amount of time in charge before even judging him because thats whats good for the club at the end of the day. I think we only appear up to it when we're against the big teams and that looks like a lack of motivation on the players part, which lets face it, happened under Hughes too, so maybe we need to look at the men on the pitch rather than those on the touchline.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.