Mancini makes jest of united: Manchester United are the favo

01Bluefan

Bacon face has finally met his match. #mind games.

<a class="postlink" href="http://goal.com/en/news/9/england/2012/08/10/3298725/mancini-manchester-united-are-the-favourites-for-the-title" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://goal.com/en/news/9/england/2012/ ... -the-title</a>

Not really mind games, just accurate I think.

United had a terrible injury problem last year and finished even on points with us: this summer they've strengthened and we've not.

Therefore they're favourites.

Dobsy said:

United had a terrible injury problem last year and finished even on points with us: this summer they've strengthened and we've not.

No.

They skanked loads of results last season, that will not happen again this year.

We are favourites, I would put Chelsea 2nd favourites especially if they get Cavani.

Bilboblue said:
Dobsy said:

No.

They skanked loads of results last season, that will not happen again this year.

We are favourites, I would put Chelsea 2nd favourites especially if they get Cavani.

They do that every year, they didn't get to 89 points by accident!

Much as people like to think it we weren't that much better than them last season overall. One on one we were much better maybe, but not across the season.

It's gonna be another very very tight season.

I agree with Bobby, if we dont strengthen, we are not favourites. We might eventually end up winning the title, but right now, we are not favourites.

Dobsy said:
Bilboblue said:
Dobsy said:

No.

Much as people like to think it we weren't that much better than them last season overall. One on one we were much better maybe, but not across the season.

We were a lot better than them.

Don't forget it was their third highest points total in the Premier league era, and they still didn't win it.

Also the highest points total not to win the PL.

I seriously think they fluked a lot of results last season, and do not think it will hapopen again this coming one. They will get around 80-82 points imo and I think Chelsea will finbish above them, if the Arse can keep RvP I can see yoonited getting 75 points-ish and finishing third or even fourth.

Dobsy said:

A bit of a narrow view on our team IMHO. Do you seriously think that we'll only improve if we make new signings? Do you not think the burden of not having won a title with this team weighed on us and held us back last year and that many player I expect will be even better and more integrated this year as a team.

Bilboblue said:
Dobsy said:
Bilboblue said:
No.

We were a lot better than them.

Don't forget it was their third highest points total in the Premier league era, and they still didn't win it.

Also the highest points total not to win the PL.

I seriously think they fluked a lot of results last season, and do not think it will hapopen again this coming one. They will get around 80-82 points imo and I think Chelsea will finbish above them, if the Arse can keep RvP I can see yoonited getting 75 points-ish and finishing third or even fourth.

Hmm, and I suppose we'll have Tevez this time around.

Maybe 25 years of watching City has trained me to expect disappointment.

I still think we need to strengthen with a CM and a CB though, unless Abdul Razak and Savic are really going to step up, which would be nice to see.

We need to strengthen but only to cover Serious injuries.

Aside from that, with a title winning season galvanising the squad, we're much stronger a unit than last term without any new additions.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.