Mancini - Nearly a year at City, what's your rating?

Roberto has settled in well at his new school,there were some communication problems with the other boys at the start of the term but those boys will be moving on to pastures new very soon.All in all a very good year for roberto and i expect great things from him in the future.So i would have to give him an 8.5 for this years report.

Made a decent start and then found things difficult but he has now got us playing
He's pretty much sorted out the mess left by Hughes, got us organised and brought in some top quality players.

If at the end of the season we have a piece of silverware in the cupboard, then it's an 8.
If it's Champs league qualification it's an 8.5
If it's silverware and Champs league qualification, 9.5
If it's the title, 10
If it's the title and other silverware, he's a god.

The Pink Panther said:

Made a decent start and then found things difficult but he has now got us playing
He's pretty much sorted out the mess left by Hughes, got us organised and brought in some top quality players.

If at the end of the season we have a piece of silverware in the cupboard, then it's an 8.
If it's Champs league qualification it's an 8.5
If it's silverware and Champs league qualification, 9.5
If it's the title, 10
If it's the title and other silverware, he's a god.

For me if he gets a piece of silverware in the cupboard at the end of the season,i will have his fucking children,if it's the title i will have all the players children !

8/10 for me. Best manager we have had in decades and oozes class and knowledge. He clearly shows passion and professionalism, he has learnt the language and this club has come a hell of a long way during the past year with him at the helm. He takes no for an answer and its done his way or your out, i like that, a bit like fergie has done over the road. With a few more signings, and sorting out this rift with tevez, we could win this league with him in charge

Ask me a few weeks ago and i'll be on the edge of a 6-7, might be tad harsh there. At this present time with how the team are playing and current position ateast deserves a 8. Lets start bagging a few more goals and we'll be very merry!

For the anally retentive amongst us let's look at cold hard facts.

At this point of the season over the past 4 years we have amassed the following points tally:-

07-08 - pl 16, points 30 (Sven's one and only season)
08-09 - pl 16, points 18 (Hughes's first season)
09-10 - pl 16, points 26 (Hughes's second season)
09-11 - pl 16, points 29 (Mancini's first proper season)

So based on the above we are on par with what Sven achieved (give or take a point) in 07-08. Sven averaged 1.88 points per game in the first 16 games but the rest of the season was shocking and we only got another 25 points in the next 22 games - an average of 1.14 per game.

Mancini amassed a total of 38 points in his 21 games last year (avg 1.81 per game).

So far this season he has averaged 1.82 per game so if we are benchmarking then there has been an improvement! But I would have expected more of a return than 0.01 points per game for the investment made. Having said that we all know that it does take time for a team to gel and I genuinely think we are seeing the signs of that now and I would think that the second part of the season will see us push up that average. If we don't push up the average and expect the same level of return from Mancini's games last year and this year then we can expect to get approximately another 40 points this season which will see us hovering around the 69/70 points barrier. Will that be enough for Champion's League? Well the way the league is going so far then yes, I would have thought that it would be enough.

But let's take a reality check here. Are we getting a little blase about how we're doing? Is 70 points too low a standard for us now? My arse!! I for one am just happy that we've nearly got enough points to stop worrying about relegation - anyone remember those days or have we all turned in to spoilt kids who want it all and we want it now otherwise we will "Scweem and scweem and scweem!!!"

Yeah, I know there's lots of money invested, blah, blah, blah but we are trying to build something for the long term and not for a quick return on investment.

Ignore what the press keep throwing at us about how we're ruining football, how we should be challenging for everything just because we've invested heavily. We all know that the media are trying to discredit us at every turn and if we start to believe their hype that Mancini has lost the dressing room or should be doing better because of the cash then we in effect start to bring things down internally and the media win.

If I have to rate Mancini then I would go for a steady 8 out of 10. Yeah, not ripping up any trees admittedly but he has turned us into a solid unit. Defensively we now look sorted. It may not always be pretty but sometimes the best teams do grind out results. We have shown signs of what is possible when we do play (Fulham performance was class) and I for one think that we will start to see more of the attacking options through the second half of the year.

In summary, I'm happy with what he's doing and hope we stick with him for many years to come.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.