Mancini on Johnson: "Two Dribbles, Two Crosses"

Experiened or not. Good enough to start or not.

I don't care. Two things wrong here.

1) AJ shut your mouth at 23 years old do not speak out in the press. Will it do you any favours? No

2) Mancini -keep your thoughts on a young player in house not in the press. Can only harm AJ's confidence.

Put an all out drinking ban on all players in season. If anyone steps out of line fine them. If I was a pro footballer I would be ok not to drink in the season.

I don't think that is too harsh. Others will disagree.

simon23 said:
redmizzle said:
You make some good points simon23 but there's nothing hypocritical about the manager publicly criticising a player's performance. The player does not reserve that previlege and does so at their own peril as some found out. You also can't say the players you mentioned were shipped out solely because they spoke out as there might well have been other better reasons like the manager not deeming them good enough, not fitting into the system he wants to play etc.

why would ned who is a centre half who can also play fullback and is rated as much as richards (if not rated better by some) be shipped out then...why did he not fit into the system....?!?!?

he is a hypocrite and he shouldnt be doing it publicly (that is for certain) whether he is right or wrong

Ned was not deemed good enough or rated better than Richards by the manager (the only one whose opinion on this matters and not the ''some'' you speak of) regardless of how many different positions he can play. Ireland did not fit into the system he wants to play and was putting in poor performances even before RM came in. You can't say with any credibility whether its for certain or not because you don't know how he's tried to handle the situation behind the scenes before now and you don't have any experience doing as difficult a job as RM has on his hands which is managing the ''richest club in the world'' where results are expected now.

SWP's back said:
simon23 said:
why would ned who is a centre half who can also play fullback and is rated as much as richards (if not rated better by some) be shipped out then...why did he not fit into the system....?!?!?

he is a hypocrite and he shouldnt be doing it publicly (that is for certain) whether he is right or wrong
Ned is not as good as boateng or mi Micah though and we are stronger now than before.

Mancini has every right right to pull him down a peg or two.

You don't know if he has tried in private a hundred timed without success do you.

Leave your agenda please, it'd repetitive and I'm sure you would rather lose just so you can criticise.

As for your team selection, I would like to see it but I know far less about footballs and tactics than RM so I'll go with his selection, whatever it may be.

back to that old chesnut are we?!?!?

The only agenda i have is that i want to see city playing good attacking football and winning games. I have said countless times I DO NOT WANT RM TO GO...is that clear enough for you....but he is no beyond criticism
Im sure RM has had a private word (he would be really stupid not to) but it shouldnt be aired in public...regardless of whether he is right or wong..just like ned shouldnt have said what he did on TV<br /><br />-- Sat Nov 13, 2010 2:23 pm --<br /><br />
redmizzle said:
simon23 said:

Ned was not deemed good enough or rated better than Richards by the manager (the only one whose opinion on this matters and not the ''some'' you speak of) regardless of how many different positions he can play. Ireland did not fit into the system he wants to play and was putting in poor performances even before RM came in. You can't say with any credibility whether its for certain or not because you don't know how he's tried to handle the situation behind the scenes before now and you don't have any experience doing as difficult a job as RM has on his hands which is managing the ''richest club in the world'' where results are expected now.

im not saying rm's decision to get rid of ireland was wrong...Im saying what hehsaid about him publicly was wrong!!!...It shouldnt have been said to the press whehter he is correct or not.

Im sure he has tried to handle it behind the scenes but that is where it should stay....why bring it out into the press....if the press want to know...refuse to answer the question...simple as that...

Well simon23, as a fan i can understand why you wouldn't want this to be said in pubic as it basically just gives the media more stick to beat us with and i feel the same way too but Mancini has been a manager for quite a while so i'm just prepared to give him the benefit of the doubt on this one especially because none of us has really worked in such an environment as he's in and can't say conclusively what he should or shouldn't do. Besides, at the end of the day its his ass on the line if he does not achieve the targets set by the end of the season so its only fair to let him do things his way while he's in charge.

the talisman said:
NewbBlue said:
Still can't reckon why we're antagonizing our best young attacker. Does Mancini want him to hand in a transfer request? I think that's where this is leading, frankly.

This situation is making the club look clueless. Rival fans are having a laugh at our expense saying we leave our best winger on the bench.

Silva? Balotelli? Tevez? these 3 probably make up our strongest attack. I can understand why many fans prefer AJ over Milner but Milner is stronger over 90 minutes and adds a lot more defensively to the team.

It does seem odd for Mancini to be so public in his criticism of him, must have done something to piss him off. Still, it's a long season, AJ will have plenty of opportunities to show what he can do, I hope he sticks at it and fights for his place.

As for rival fans having a laugh at our expense, fuck em.

I don't see why we can't play Silva, Balotelli, Tevez and Johnson.

Balotelli and Johnson on the wings with Silva in the hole and picking 2 of Milner, Yaya, Barry and De Jong. This is what we should be doing against the teams not in the top 4/6 - like today.

I agree with Mancini and others that AJ is overhyped and often goes missing but to improve you must play.

Compstall35 said:
Experiened or not. Good enough to start or not.

I don't care. Two things wrong here.

1) AJ shut your mouth at 23 years old do not speak out in the press. Will it do you any favours? No

2) Mancini -keep your thoughts on a young player in house not in the press. Can only harm AJ's confidence.

Put an all out drinking ban on all players in season. If anyone steps out of line fine them. If I was a pro footballer I would be ok not to drink in the season.

I don't think that is too harsh. Others will disagree.

agreed
all that both aj and RM are doing is adding fuel to the fire that there is no team cohesion and that there is a split between manager and players....<br /><br />-- Sat Nov 13, 2010 2:43 pm --<br /><br />
redmizzle said:
Well simon23, as a fan i can understand why you wouldn't want this to be said in pubic as it basically just gives the media more stick to beat us with and i feel the same way too but Mancini has been a manager for quite a while so i'm just prepared to give him the benefit of the doubt on this one especially because none of us has really worked in such an environment as he's in and can't say conclusively what he should or shouldn't do. Besides, at the end of the day its his ass on the line if he does not achieve the targets set by the end of the season so its only fair to let him do things his way while he's in charge.

it may be his ass on th line but its our bloody club!!!!!!!!!!

Re: Mancini on Johnson:

20sbc07 said:
Robbo. said:
really dont agree, Johnson imo should be the first on the team sheet week in week out.

lol^

Johnson is nothing but an impact player, when he plays for 90minutes he disapears we've seen it many times. He dosnt track back either so it leaves us more open in defence.
Johnson is only good if you bring him on after 60minutes and let him go past defenders.

I would never start johnson, leaves us too weak on the side he plays.

LOL^^^^^

dont agree, give him 5/6 games and he will show you what we have been missing....they said Ronaldo and Nani where impact players, are they playing week in week out now?

redmizzle said:

You're right, it lies on him at the end of the day but simon23 is spot on, its hypocritical to make out players shouldnt be talking to the press about things that are internal within the club but it's okay to start saying things like that about a player to the press, bizarre in my opinion and can't help relations within the squad.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.