Mancini on Johnson: "Two Dribbles, Two Crosses"

I don't understand how anyone could prefer Johnson to Milner?? Milner works harder(opponents obviously thought so during the derby, judging by the tackles which should have drawn a card especially for Berbatov; btw AJ only came on because of that second tackle that left Milner limping) and he had great crosses; Silva floated a couple out, didn't he? Frankly, in that game Milner looked better on the wing than Silva.

He's right. He's not good enough (yet) against the top sides. That's blindingly obvious. Evra would have been too much for him imo, and against the top left backs he isn't disciplined enough to stop them from attacking.

Mancini is totally right with this one.

whether RM's assessment of AJ is right or wrong the one thing he should not do is come out and say it publicly!!! It makes him a hypocrite to start! Ned went out publicly and criticised the manager so he was shipped out...RM has now done this twice...once with a terrible comment about Ireland (right or wrong he shoulnt be saying these things) and now about Aj.

All he is going to do is alienate the player(s) and its bad man management. Im not saying i disagree with his comments but they should be kept private and within the club

As for the preference of milner over aj...well its easy to see why RM prefers milner....mkilner adds more defensively which is RM's first priority......aj tires to defend but he hasnt got the physical presence of milner to do so...( a bit like robinho actually)...I can see some of the ardent RM supporters now turning on AJ on here!!

if we are going to play milner of aj then id like to see this line up

-------hart-----------------

back 4 (hopefully with kolorov in it)

---yaya-- dejong----- milner

---tev-------ade---------balo

i think this is similar to what chelski play. ......its not a rigid front line with them obviously being able to interchange (ie tev wouldnt be stuck out on the wing

I know there is no silva but id prefer to see with that midfield 3 powerful strikers rather than two (this again is how i think chelski play sometimes (drogba, anelak and malouda)

width from the fullbacks

obviously if you want silva in there you take out one of the strikers (ade or balo) and put silva in behind

alternatively you could drop tev into the hole (which he does himself anyway) and play ade and balo up top....tev would play an advanced version of the lampard role so it certainyl wouldnt stop his ability to get goals

You make some good points simon23 but there's nothing hypocritical about the manager publicly criticising a player's performance. The player does not reserve that previlege and does so at their own peril as some found out. You also can't say the players you mentioned were shipped out solely because they spoke out as there might well have been other better reasons like the manager not deeming them good enough, not fitting into the system he wants to play etc.

redmizzle said:
You make some good points simon23 but there's nothing hypocritical about the manager publicly criticising a player's performance. The player does not reserve that previlege and does so at their own peril as some found out. You also can't say the players you mentioned were shipped out solely because they spoke out as there might well have been other better reasons like the manager not deeming them good enough, not fitting into the system he wants to play etc.

why would ned who is a centre half who can also play fullback and is rated as much as richards (if not rated better by some) be shipped out then...why did he not fit into the system....?!?!?

he is a hypocrite and he shouldnt be doing it publicly (that is for certain) whether he is right or wrong

simon23 said:
redmizzle said:

why would ned who is a centre half who can also play fullback and is rated as much as richards (if not rated better by some) be shipped out then...why did he not fit into the system....?!?!?

he is a hypocrite and he shouldnt be doing it publicly (that is for certain) whether he is right or wrong
Ned is not as good as boateng or mi Micah though and we are stronger now than before.

Mancini has every right right to pull him down a peg or two.

You don't know if he has tried in private a hundred timed without success do you.

Leave your agenda please, it'd repetitive and I'm sure you would rather lose just so you can criticise.

As for your team selection, I would like to see it but I know far less about footballs and tactics than RM so I'll go with his selection, whatever it may be.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.