Mancini On Pep

He's not wrong although Munich hadn't won four leagues on the trot in 40 years prior to Pep and had won only one of the previous three prior to his arrival.

Oh. And Barca finished 3rd and 20 points off top before he became coach.

Oh and he also doubled the club's European Cup haul. Apart from that, he's quite right.

He's not wrong although Munich hadn't won four leagues on the trot in 40 years prior to Pep and had won only one of the previous three prior to his arrival.

Oh and he also doubled the club's European Cup haul. Apart from that, he's quite right.

It's also a bit churlish to talk about the strength of the Premier League when last season's winners were Leicester and this season's winners are playing literally half the number of competitive games over the season as almost everyone else vying for the title.

The truth is Mancini has had a dig there. No different than when Mourinho said "maybe i'll go and coach a club where the kitman can win the title" after Pep won his first Bundesliga title.

Bayern had never won 4 in a row before Pep, no German team had in fact.

If only we could take Pep and Mancini and persuade someone to transplant parts of their brains to make us some kind of super manager. Actually knowing City we'd end up with Mancini's man management and Pep's eye for defensive detail.

It's also a bit churlish to talk about the strength of the Premier League when last season's winners were Leicester and this season's winners are playing literally half the number of competitive games over the season as almost everyone else vying for the title.

The truth is Mancini has had a dig there. No different than when Mourinho said "maybe i'll go and coach a club where the kitman can win the title" after Pep won his first Bundesliga title.

It's exactly what he did when Pellegrini was doing well....claimed it was not Pellegrini winning the double but his (i.e Mancini's) team.

I love the man but he'll be trying to take credit for anything we win until the day he dies.

If only we could take Pep and Mancini and persuade someone to transplant parts of their brains to make us some kind of super manager. Actually knowing City we'd end up with Mancini's man management and Pep's eye for defensive detail.

Guardiola's had the best defensive record in every season of football he's ever managed in his career. He is by a considerable distance, a more effective defensive manager than Mancini.

It's exactly what he did when Pellegrini was doing well....claimed it was not Pellegrini winning the double but his (i.e Mancini's) team.

I love the man but he'll be trying to take credit for anything we win until the day he dies.

I guess when he gets another job he'll have less time to comment on how we're doing!

Guardiola's had the best defensive record in every season of football he's ever managed in his career. He is by a considerable distance, a more effective defensive manager than Mancini.
I refer you back to Mancini's points re: the clubs he has managed and the leagues he has been in. Let's see how Pep's goals against record is at City compared to Mancini's record at City by time he leaves us. We were a fine defensive unit under Mancini and when you think about where we were defensively under Hughes that was some achievement and he did it largely by transforming defenders who were already at the club into brilliant players something that we don't seem to be able to do at the moment.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.