Mancini On Pep

Everyone who has ever supported City has to be grateful for what Mancini ultimately did for this club. Yes it was a close run thing and could have turned out very badly for us all. He had his day though and whilst he is as entitled to anyone to make comments on Pep, probably more entitled than most having been there and worn the scarf etc. But we've moved on and, again, I don't see how anyone cannot see that Pep is an upgrade on our previous 2 managers despite the success they both presided over.
All managers make mistakes and this is Pep's biggest managerial challenge so he's going to make a few more before we get to where he (and the rest of us) get the club to where he wants it to be.
It is possible to like them both you know.

I don't see anything wrong in those comments. He did have the best team in Spain with the worlds best player, he did have the best team in Germany and the Prem League there are lots of teams going for the title. Even Pep himself said this was his biggest challenge as manager.

I'm sure Pep realises now that playing without a recognised striker is a lot trickier when Messi's not there and when we can't cherry pick the likes of Kante or Dele Alli in the summer he'll realise it's trickier than being at Bayern.

He'll get it soon enough I'm sure.

I hope this is a case of him being taken out of context or complete bullcrap. Mancini obviously feels very attached to the club still and he has always been an emotional guy, he should know he'll be a manager no City fan will ever forget and is admired by many still to this day for what he achieved, there was no need to say any of this(even though they are all half truths Germany wasn't a one horse race before he got there and so on) it will only make him look bitter to belittle Pep's achievements in this way. I think the way things are now and the rate we are improving inside and out, most managers would quickly realize how good they have it at City, it's a job that will come with a lot of pressure and unfair stick from the media but they have so much available to them there'll be few better positions to have in their field before long.

Last edited:
I sincerely hope you are right,because pissing about,passing around the back can only be done and made to look easy by competent players,irrelevant of what the manager says,like the workman who turns up to fit a door with a pair of plyers,not the right tools for the job,as soon as this is (hopefully) sorted THIS summer then he may have as sound a defence as Mancini had when he was with us...................but I still worry,are we going to let 6 defensive players leave and get replacements in one window,because that's what it requires

The fact you think it's pissing about at the back shows you just don't get it. Perhaps just watch Premier League golden years from the 90's or something instead?

It's also a bit churlish to talk about the strength of the Premier League when last season's winners were Leicester and this season's winners are playing literally half the number of competitive games over the season as almost everyone else vying for the title.

The truth is Mancini has had a dig there. No different than when Mourinho said "maybe i'll go and coach a club where the kitman can win the title" after Pep won his first Bundesliga title.
Absolutely he has. A dig whilst bigging himself up and I don't see why he felt the need to.

The fact you think it's pissing about at the back shows you just don't get it. Perhaps just watch Premier League golden years from the 90's or something instead?

The fact you want to argue every point I raise is truly remarkable,and fucking laughable,there is only 1 person here who "just doesn't get it" and that mantle firmly belongs to you pal,so when you make 1 of your 6 or 7 visits per season,take a good look at the pissing around at the back that goes on,you will be startled at what you see

Pep can't put Zaba and co into a time machine mate. Hence he needs to buy a new back four.
Does Pep only have defenders from Mancini's team to work with, sorry I didn't realise? He didn't back himself to be able to knock Mangala into shape, he hasn't been able to turn Otamendi and Stones into a particularly good partnership. Mancini came in and for the most part worked with what he had in terms of defensive personnel, improved them all immeasurably and organised them brilliantly.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.