Mancini or Pep era?

Mancini for me. Pep has done tremendously well but the winning mentality was already in place when Pep came here. Mancini took a team of average players,pushed them to the edge and turned them into Champions. I know some might say " its not about who did it first, its about who did it right" but in this case doing it first against bacon face and the gang (refs, FA,pundits, media houses, ex players etc) means a lot in my books. Pep is the better manager but Mancini would always be number 1.

Only deez.

Weren’t we allowed to like Pellegrini too? That first season especially was incredible. Putting six past London numerous times and a double winner. He’s also the only manager to take us to the Semi Finals of the Champions League.

Mancini constantly failed in Europe and left after a humiliating FA Cup Final defeat that still stings today. Recent interviews show he got the Tevez / Munich incident wrong. I’ve never understood the idolisation of an arrogant bully.

Weren’t we allowed to like Pellegrini too? That first season especially was incredible. Putting six past London numerous times and a double winner. He’s also the only manager to take us to the Semi Finals of the Champions League.

Mancini constantly failed in Europe and left after a humiliating FA Cup Final defeat that still stings today. Recent interviews show he got the Tevez / Munich incident wrong. I’ve never understood the idolisation of an arrogant bully.
Not disputing the validity, but what interviews are these?

Ladies and gentlemen, exhibit one in the "I used to like City when they were shit cos it made me feel cool by association in my own mind and then a manager came along who made us into winners and I, for one, will never forgive him for that"

People can and do have differing opinions on Mancini, and all of our managers, but to my mind it is IMPOSSIBLE to be a city fan and have any animus towards him. Hughes yes, for sure. Coppell, Ball, Clarke, yes absolutely. Several others, yes of course. But tell me how, as a city fan, you can have any bad feeling towards the manager who won us the first trophies of many of our lifetimes? And before you play the "he was horrid to the players and the man who washes their underwear " card , if that is your yardstick who appointed you as the arbiter of acceptable behaviour?

Have a listen to vinny talking about the 2012 team. In fact any of that team talking about themselves as a group. The consistent message is that there was a first class team spirit throughout the whole club.

Mancini turned us from a 40 year laughing stock into a team that every team in England feared and did so in record time. Without mancini there is no pep at city.

Both had 2 year peaks before unravelling somewhat, I'd like to see a longer spell of dominance where we don't get usurped by a rival spending more or buying better or exposing our tactics or weak mentality of certain members of the squad.

Ladies and gentlemen, exhibit one in the "I used to like City when they were shit cos it made me feel cool by association in my own mind and then a manager came along who made us into winners and I, for one, will never forgive him for that"

People can and do have differing opinions on Mancini, and all of our managers, but to my mind it is IMPOSSIBLE to be a city fan and have any animus towards him. Hughes yes, for sure. Coppell, Ball, Clarke, yes absolutely. Several others, yes of course. But tell me how, as a city fan, you can have any bad feeling towards the manager who won us the first trophies of many of our lifetimes? And before you play the "he was horrid to the players and the man who washes their underwear " card , if that is your yardstick who appointed you as the arbiter of acceptable behaviour?

Have a listen to vinny talking about the 2012 team. In fact any of that team talking about themselves as a group. The consistent message is that there was a first class team spirit throughout the whole club.

Mancini turned us from a 40 year laughing stock into a team that every team in England feared and did so in record time. Without mancini there is no pep at city.
Why do I have to keep spelling this out, he wasn't nice to Chappy!!!!!!!!! ;-)

It would have been interesting to see how Guardiola would have done with that 2011/12 squad. I don’t think we’ve ever had as good strength in depth since across every position.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.