Mancini or Pep era?

So confused right now. It’s not an opinion. How much do you think a 23 year old Aguero would be worth today?

That Mancini squad was only behind Mourinho’s first Chelsea teams as the most expensive squad put together in English football taking into account transfer inflation.

I’m not playing Mancini down either, I love the guy. Just making the point that both managers had big money.

Right now with Covid £40m would go along way , and when Aguero joined us he wasnt anywhere near the level he developed into , he was a £40m signing with great potential and not the finished product. Aguero at 23 was probably at the same level now as Maxi Gomez at Valencia who we could sign for £35m , do we know if he will develop in the same vain as Aguero ?
Buying potential for £40m at 23 years old does not equate to the £80m Aguero was worth in his prime af few years later it is not inflation it is how good the player has progressed and improved.

Another brilliant moment under Mancini, which i could laugh at, but only after the full time whistle, was when Jamie Mackie scored to put QPR 2-1 up on that glorious day.
The camera panned in on Bobby and he was individually pointing our players out and accompanying this with some derogative latin words that i believe if translated would of been close to "you're wank" "and you're wank" "and you're wank".
After the game and later watching the re-run i chuckled at this.
Both for his honesty and his passion to win.
Fondly remembered

I just happy that we had both of them at our club. They made some amazing history and gave us some unforgettable moments.

I was actually wondering the other day if we’d even be able to sign the likes of Aguero, Yaya & Silva today. More competition, bigger fees and wages we might not be willing to pay etc.

Aguero yaya merlin in their prime would still be worth £100m each even in the current market , we were lucky and signed these players under the radar for less than a combined £100m and they all developed into world class players , we need to find similar players with potential , easier said than done.

Right now with Covid £40m would go along way , and when Aguero joined us he wasnt anywhere near the level he developed into , he was a £40m signing with great potential and not the finished product. Aguero at 23 was probably at the same level now as Maxi Gomez at Valencia who we could sign for £35m , do we know if he will develop in the same vain as Aguero ?
Buying potential for £40m at 23 years old does not equate to the £80m Aguero was worth in his prime af few years later it is not inflation it is how good the player has progressed and improved.

Aguero was as good as Haaland is now in terms of goal scoring imo.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.