Mancini or Pep era?

Another brilliant moment under Mancini, which i could laugh at, but only after the full time whistle, was when Jamie Mackie scored to put QPR 2-1 up on that glorious day.
The camera panned in on Bobby and he was individually pointing our players out and accompanying this with some derogative latin words that i believe if translated would of been close to "you're wank" "and you're wank" "and you're wank".
After the game and later watching the re-run i chuckled at this.
Both for his honesty and his passion to win.
Fondly remembered
Read somewhere one of the players, was it Aguero (?), said Bobby was hopping mad, swearing at them left and right.

Love the man so much.

Did we really never mentioned, thought Liverpool the first team to ever win anything. Never thought anything could exceed the bullshit of a rag title win but the dippers have exceeded it easily.
If it was the dippers or the rags who won a domestic treble, the fuckers would’ve been demanding another bank holiday be added to the calendar

Great question to start a thread. Loved Bobby and all he did for the club and fans - met him at a branch thing briefly and was genuinely pleased to see us all and was, surprisingly, quieter than we'd thought he'd be. What he did for the club will never be forgotten - first major trophy in 35 years and, of course, the QPR game. The football being played was attacking, some of the results were phenomenal - 1 - 6, 1 - 5 at Tottenham, 1 - 6 at Norwich ( Tevez golf game ). He changed the club and expectations in a short space of time. But for me, it has to be Pep - as someone has already mentioned, the football played will possibly never be seen again - certainly in my life time........the trophies and not only what we have won but the way it has been done. NO other club in history - Prem or previous - has played as exciting football as 2017 to 2019. 100 points, most goals scored, League Cup record, number of wins, making players better - in some cases, into World class players................bit off topic but I think Pellers deserves a mention - he's not in the same league as Bobby or Pep but I don't think he ever got the recognition he deserved - 2 trophies in his first season with 1 being the League. Alright, he inherited a great squad but you still have to manage that; ego's and all, new players, new country, the hardest league in the World etc...etc...........

Great question to start a thread. Loved Bobby and all he did for the club and fans - met him at a branch thing briefly and was genuinely pleased to see us all and was, surprisingly, quieter than we'd thought he'd be. What he did for the club will never be forgotten - first major trophy in 35 years and, of course, the QPR game. The football being played was attacking, some of the results were phenomenal - 1 - 6, 1 - 5 at Tottenham, 1 - 6 at Norwich ( Tevez golf game ). He changed the club and expectations in a short space of time. But for me, it has to be Pep - as someone has already mentioned, the football played will possibly never be seen again - certainly in my life time........the trophies and not only what we have won but the way it has been done. NO other club in history - Prem or previous - has played as exciting football as 2017 to 2019. 100 points, most goals scored, League Cup record, number of wins, making players better - in some cases, into World class players................bit off topic but I think Pellers deserves a mention - he's not in the same league as Bobby or Pep but I don't think he ever got the recognition he deserved - 2 trophies in his first season with 1 being the League. Alright, he inherited a great squad but you still have to manage that; ego's and all, new players, new country, the hardest league in the World etc...etc...........
One man spanned all three eras and gave his all for the club scoring crucial goals at crucial times. Here's to you Vincent Kompany.

I was actually wondering the other day if we’d even be able to sign the likes of Aguero, Yaya & Silva today. More competition, bigger fees and wages we might not be willing to pay etc.
Well we haven’t signed any player for over 65 million so probably not. We are probably going to have to bite the bullet to buy a top quality centre forward though or buy young and cheaper which we did with Gabby.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.