Mancini Outers

Pigeonho said:
Ok, ok. Reading my post through again it was unnecessarily negative, given the what we had just done. I don't expect us to dominate games for 90 mins, far from it infact and I think the point was missed there. What I actually meant was that if either of the Berbatov chances had gone in, (which was during a spell of domination by them), it would have been a different story. The commentators had it right when they said its just wave after wave of pressure, with City seemingly incapable of keeping the ball, which from 10 mins - 30 mins was the case. The Berbatov chances didn't go in though and we took the pressure well. I actually thought United tired quickly after that 20 mins of attacking us, allowing us to then go the rest of the half applying some pressure of our own. The second half was ALL ours, they were completely out of the game and that is credit to us, Mancini and the tactics used.

Sorry if the posts yesterday were negative. I know the point I was trying to make, but reading it back I can see why the point was missed. (It may still be!).

Bring on the 14th.

fair enough but (despite what some might think!) they are a top team and are going to have spells on top - all you can do is man the trenches and ride your luck if neccessary, which we did

then when we get our spell on top, you've got to make it count and score

this simple stuff is what separates winners from the rest, united have done this for years, somehow get through the bad spells and make teams pay when they're on top...until yesterday!

Pigeonho said:
Ok, ok. Reading my post through again it was unnecessarily negative, given the what we had just done. I don't expect us to dominate games for 90 mins, far from it infact and I think the point was missed there. What I actually meant was that if either of the Berbatov chances had gone in, (which was during a spell of domination by them), it would have been a different story. The commentators had it right when they said its just wave after wave of pressure, with City seemingly incapable of keeping the ball, which from 10 mins - 30 mins was the case. The Berbatov chances didn't go in though and we took the pressure well. I actually thought United tired quickly after that 20 mins of attacking us, allowing us to then go the rest of the half applying some pressure of our own. The second half was ALL ours, they were completely out of the game and that is credit to us, Mancini and the tactics used.

Sorry if the posts yesterday were negative. I know the point I was trying to make, but reading it back I can see why the point was missed. (It may still be!).

Bring on the 14th.
The game could have gone the other way if Berbatov had not missed (but good pressure from Kolarov who forced the miss), but maybe that demonstrates what football can be like and how its twists and turns are not all under the control of the manager.

We are at a Wembley again in an FA Cup Final for the first time since 1981. Well done to all involved.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.