Mancini Outers

JoeMercer'sWay said:
Lucky13 said:
And to his credit openly admitting his mistake, even after todays victory.

indeed.

but now, surely, barring injuries we can pick our strongest XI every game? Do Bolton or Stoke in a Cup Final really call for resting our players the game before, no offence to them but they are not United.

His apology about team selection on Monday is maybe a hint of this.

Lucky13 said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:
indeed.

but now, surely, barring injuries we can pick our strongest XI every game? Do Bolton or Stoke in a Cup Final really call for resting our players the game before, no offence to them but they are not United.

His apology about team selection on Monday is maybe a hint of this.

to be fair a manager of his stature shouldn't be making basic cock-ups like that.

but anyway, we won and I don't want to be dragged down into this rubbish when it's been such a fantastic day.

Re: Outers Out

avoidconfusion said:
de niro said:
It beggars the question why we don't play like that every week, we have the players.

This. Mancini still has not convinced me. Once he consistently puts out the team like this then yea.

True. But I'm all for judging him at the end of the season. As frustrating as some games have been, we are still set for the best season in (my) living memory. And as I can't stop smiling.....FORZA MANCINI!

Pigeonho said:
Can't really have a pop at the outers, of which I am one. We were getting hammered for the first 20 minutes or so, and their possession was far, far superior. If it hadn't been for Hart and Bertov being a Berbaflop, it would have been a very different result. As it turns out their miss was to our gain, and we went onto absolutely own the game from about 35 minutes onwards. Can't fault anyone of the players after that point in the game, but lets not pretend that early United domination didn't happen. It is that we have to stamp out and do ourselves.

On another subject, its nice to see the ref confirm there really is no agenda whatsoever.

well if your standards are that we must control every game for 90 minutes you'll never be happy with any manager - madness lol

Pigeonho said:
bluetoo said:
sorry mate...was waiting for a reply like this...for the first five/ten mins we were evens...much as you would like it to be Bob got his tactics spot on today...and youre saying if we dont have a class keeper we would be one down?....err...ok...but we do
Ok, after the game settled down then until about 35 mins in, they were dominating us. None of our passes came off and the ball seemed to bounce off us and they never seemed to waste their possession. If the Berbatov miss had gone in, it would have been from a result of their possession, and we would have folded. As it turns out we had lady luck on our side, and the miss really affected them and let us dominate the game. We hammered them 2nd half, absolutely battered them, however the possession they had, and the ease of which they were allowed to have it, early in the game was worrying.
Serious? do you expect us to dominate the whole 90 mins?

i cant bear some of the pigeon shit in this forum... no offence meant.... but couldnt control my feelings after i saw your posts today... sorry pigeonho...

i'll admit to being unsure about him after the liverpool match, but i'm putting that down to just being so pissed off with that performance in general.
I don't want to turn this into another debate about hughes but for me mancini has what all the best managers have, and crucially what hughes didn't, the ability to completely change a match. when he was going crazy on the touchlines telling vk and lescott to press higher up, that for me changed everything. Berbaflop didn't get a sniff after that and i think he deserves credit. i wasn't at the match so i can only comment on what i saw on tv but for me those instructions were what ended that lots pressure and put us on the front foot.
more of the same please mancini and spurs won't get near us at the end of the season.
he deserves at least one more season for me.

To quote one of your favourites:

What's with the knee jerk thread?

Seriously dude, we've just got through to the final of the FA Cup, Does being right on an internet forum really mean that much in comparison?

Ok, ok. Reading my post through again it was unnecessarily negative, given the what we had just done. I don't expect us to dominate games for 90 mins, far from it infact and I think the point was missed there. What I actually meant was that if either of the Berbatov chances had gone in, (which was during a spell of domination by them), it would have been a different story. The commentators had it right when they said its just wave after wave of pressure, with City seemingly incapable of keeping the ball, which from 10 mins - 30 mins was the case. The Berbatov chances didn't go in though and we took the pressure well. I actually thought United tired quickly after that 20 mins of attacking us, allowing us to then go the rest of the half applying some pressure of our own. The second half was ALL ours, they were completely out of the game and that is credit to us, Mancini and the tactics used.

Sorry if the posts yesterday were negative. I know the point I was trying to make, but reading it back I can see why the point was missed. (It may still be!).

Bring on the 14th.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.