Mancini/Pellegrini rumours (10/05/13) (cont)

Status
Not open for further replies.

QuickSilva

the whole thread makes no sense unless mancini specifically asked to leave.

he's just seen his biggest league rival step down so why would he leave now

Re: Manchester City close on Pellegrini (merged)

Didsbury Dave said:
samharris said:
Going by that Dave it seems the longer Mancini stays in a restaurant,the better his English gets..

Yes. Another 3 years and he might be able to stop using a translator ;-)
Ah, the old 'cant speak English' chestnut. I remember that thread, one of the most jaw-dropping, mind-boggng things ever posted on here.
How good is Pellegrini's English, seeing as it is so important to some on here?

LongsightM13 said:
Didsbury Dave said:
samharris said:
Going by that Dave it seems the longer Mancini stays in a restaurant,the better his English gets..

Yes. Another 3 years and he might be able to stop using a translator ;-)
Ah, the old 'cant speak English' chestnut. I remember that thread, one of the most jaw-dropping, mind-boggng things ever posted on here.
How good is Pellegrini's English, seeing as it is so important to some on here?
Seriously, it matters. If his English is poor it will hinder his progress, unless he gets up to speed. English is the language of the dressing room and the training ground and you have to be very clear to some footballers, especially if the message is a subtle, or even manipulative one. I've been told its very good but I will wait and see.

If he comes, of course.

The cookie monster said:
OB1 said:
I don't bet but I do look at oddschecker at times like this.

Bet Victor have moved the odds on MP two or three times today and have just gone to 1/3.
They are probably just covering themselves and are unwilling to take anymore money on him
He is still available at 6/4 in places.

As I said, turf is not my area of accounting expertise but I'd find it odd that they would not want to take punters money when there's nothing out there to go on.

It's said Pellegrini speaks fluent English but then the same was said about Mancini and his English still isn't fluent. Never heard Pellegrini give an English interview, I guess he's never had reason to yet.

Prestwich_Blue said:
pudge said:
The club would not give Mancini a 5 year deal and then seek to replace him after one.
Unless they had to of course.
Meaning that he'd walk, I assume.

Then I could flip it and say why would Mancini sign a 5 year deal, receive the boards backing and repeatedly say he will be in charge next season and then walk away?

Didsbury Dave said:
OB1 said:
I don't bet but I do look at oddschecker at times like this.

Bet Victor have moved the odds on MP two or three times today and have just gone to 1/3.
It's just a few malcontents on bluemoon, ob1. What really matters is what it says on other club's forums.

Apologies; my mounting Cup Final excitement sent m a bit giddy.<br /><br />-- Fri May 10, 2013 3:08 pm --<br /><br />
LoveCity said:
It's said Pellegrini speaks fluent English but then the same was said about Mancini and his English still isn't fluent. Never heard Pellegrini give an English interview, I guess he's never had reason to yet.

Tried to find one the other day but couldn't. Even one he gave in US didn't feature him speaking in English but Tranny was on the table with him and didn't answer in English either.

pudge said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
pudge said:
The club would not give Mancini a 5 year deal and then seek to replace him after one.
Unless they had to of course.
Meaning that he'd walk, I assume.

Then I could flip it and say why would Mancini sign a 5 year deal, receive the boards backing and repeatedly say he will be in charge next season and then walk away?

Agree the only way Mancini would walk was if this years top transfer targets were bebe Scott Parker and adebayour

There is absolutely no good reason to walk

QuickSilva said:
the whole thread makes no sense unless mancini specifically asked to leave.

he's just seen his biggest league rival step down so why would he leave now

If he has asked to leave - and I think that if MP comes in it will be because Bobby has chosen to leave - he'd have already made that decision but SAF announced his.

FFS, it is quite conceivable that Bobby and his wife just want to go back to Italy (or somewhere very close by).

LoveCity said:
It's said Pellegrini speaks fluent English but then the same was said about Mancini and his English still isn't fluent. Never heard Pellegrini give an English interview, I guess he's never had reason to yet.[/quote
I suspect that Mancini's command of English in the dressing room and on the training ground is significantly better than he lets on in press conferences and media interviews. He plays up on it to suit his own ends. He is a pretty shrewd operator.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.