Mancini/Pellegrini rumours (10/05/13) (cont)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Manchester City close on Pellegrini (merged)

OB1 said:
QuickSilva said:
the whole thread makes no sense unless mancini specifically asked to leave.

he's just seen his biggest league rival step down so why would he leave now

If he has asked to leave - and I think that if MP comes in it will be because Bobby has chosen to leave - he'd have already made that decision but SAF announced his.

FFS, it is quite conceivable that Bobby and his wife just want to go back to Italy (or somewhere very close by).

About as conceivable as the last three years people have been telling us Mancini is about to quit.

OB1 said:
I think the point needs stressing that Pellegrini may be the next manager because Roberto has chosen to leave and because now is not the right moment to nab one or two younger options.

If MP comes in, I will be very interested to see what length contract he gets.

I am desperate for Mr Mancini to stay here and win another couple of Trophies and crack the Champions League.

However, we have had over the past three weeks far too many sensible and well informed, knowledgeable Posters alluding to both the illness of his Dad and homesickness from his Wife. Being married to a Girl from Naples I know how much Family means to an Italian. I am convinced that so far he has worked well with Txixi and given the weeks events everything is in place for him for further success; but I fear, really fear that his Letter has already gone in.

I assume we will give Mr Pelligrini a shortish contract and our powers that be will watch closely the fortunes of Kloop,De Boer,Pep and Laudrup over the next couple of years.

If it was up to me though in these circumstances, I would be straight on the Phone to Old Trafford and borrow their Transfer Deadline Day Bentley - the one that was used to kidnap Berbatov from Manchester Airport. Then, we get one of our lunatic Drivers - Micah,Tevez etc to race down the M1 to Heathrow or Gatwick and wait for the Chelsea Plane to land and get Mourinho up here Pronto.

pudge said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
pudge said:
The club would not give Mancini a 5 year deal and then seek to replace him after one.
Unless they had to of course.
Meaning that he'd walk, I assume.

Then I could flip it and say why would Mancini sign a 5 year deal, receive the boards backing and repeatedly say he will be in charge next season and then walk away?
Well I'm not Roberto so I can't answer that with any certainty but if his wife has said "it's me or Manchester" and/or he wants to be nearer his father then that could be it. Maybe he feels he's let us down, which seems to be the reason behind his resignation from Inter after they got knocked out the CL by Liverpool. I'm pretty sure the owners want him to stay for at least another 2 years.

As for contracts, if someone offers you a good contract then you sign it unless you have other plans. Also unless you know the details of break clauses, compensation etc then you can't simply judge things on the length of the contract. We do know he was talking to Monaco last summer so maybe winning the league changed his mind or the Sheikh persuaded him to stay.

I had a situation a few years ago when I was offered what I would have said was my dream job. Then I had second thoughts as I had doubts about the guy I'd be working for but was talked into accepting it. I started and realised I was right about my new boss all along.

LongsightM13 said:
LoveCity said:
It's said Pellegrini speaks fluent English but then the same was said about Mancini and his English still isn't fluent. Never heard Pellegrini give an English interview, I guess he's never had reason to yet.[/quote
I suspect that Mancini's command of English in the dressing room and on the training ground is significantly better than he lets on in press conferences and media interviews. He plays up on it to suit his own ends. He is a pretty shrewd operator.

This is what I think. He makes some fairly witty comments when he feels like it and when he get's a difficult/stupid question he reverts to theeeezzzz eeeezzz a foootballl mode.

Prestwich_Blue said:
pudge said:
Prestwich_Blue said:

Then I could flip it and say why would Mancini sign a 5 year deal, receive the boards backing and repeatedly say he will be in charge next season and then walk away?
I had a situation a few years ago when I was offered what I would have said was my dream job. Then I had second thoughts as I had doubts about the guy I'd be working for but was talked into accepting it. I started and realised I was right about my new boss all along.

Now you see, PB, you can't finish a post off like that. We need far more detail.

Spill.

Prestwich_Blue said:
pudge said:
Prestwich_Blue said:

Well I'm not Roberto so I can't answer that with any certainty but if his wife has said "it's me or Manchester" and/or he wants to be nearer his father then that could be it. Maybe he feels he's let us down, which seems to be the reason behind his resignation from Inter after they got knocked out the CL by Liverpool. I'm pretty sure the owners want him to stay for at least another 2 years.

As for contracts, if someone offers you a good contract then you sign it unless you have other plans. Also unless you know the details of break clauses, compensation etc then you can't simply judge things on the length of the contract. We do know he was talking to Monaco last summer so maybe winning the league changed his mind or the Sheikh persuaded him to stay.

Then again, Bobby's in the wrong business.

As were you apparently.

without a dream said:
LongsightM13 said:
LoveCity said:
It's said Pellegrini speaks fluent English but then the same was said about Mancini and his English still isn't fluent. Never heard Pellegrini give an English interview, I guess he's never had reason to yet.[/quote
I suspect that Mancini's command of English in the dressing room and on the training ground is significantly better than he lets on in press conferences and media interviews. He plays up on it to suit his own ends. He is a pretty shrewd operator.

This is what I think. He makes some fairly witty comments when he feels like it and when he get's a difficult/stupid question he reverts to theeeezzzz eeeezzz a foootballl mode.

I think so too. "fucking hell, eez futbol"

I wi be severely pissed off if Mancini goes now. Perfect time to show solidity and build together, change is pointless. I really will be angry.

moomba said:
OB1 said:
QuickSilva said:
the whole thread makes no sense unless mancini specifically asked to leave.

he's just seen his biggest league rival step down so why would he leave now

If he has asked to leave - and I think that if MP comes in it will be because Bobby has chosen to leave - he'd have already made that decision but SAF announced his.

FFS, it is quite conceivable that Bobby and his wife just want to go back to Italy (or somewhere very close by).

About as conceivable as the last three years people have been telling us Mancini is about to quit.

Hmmmm

LoveCity said:
It's said Pellegrini speaks fluent English but then the same was said about Mancini and his English still isn't fluent. Never heard Pellegrini give an English interview, I guess he's never had reason to yet.

So hes not spoken to an English reporter yet ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.