Mancini plays (proper) football

scorer

and so it came to pass..... Manchester United fell
Just read a comment on the transfer thread by DeNiro, a much respected friend and mod....

To suggest Mancini is not playing proper football is just plain wrong and this view and approach underpins the reasons why England were so shit at the world cup this year.

That is everything what is wrong with the game today.

What Mancini is trying to do is play posession football, always asking the team to work and give the man on the ball an easy "out" and not to pass three times and then just punt the ball upfield more in hope than expectation.

England were embarassing at the World Cup as is the majority of (so called) football that is played in the Prem (Arsenal, and soon to be us, excepted).

We are going to have to be patient, but under Mancini success will come!!

It's all about giving the opposition more problems than they can give you ..... have a look at Germany in this World Cup ... there are better sides in it maybe with better individual players , but the Germans won't lie down for anybody , and continually push forward by clever passing , and off the ball running , to create chances ..... anad ultimately goals!

We start at Tottenham , and Mancini needs to get a team out there who can WIN the game , and that means getting balls and bodies into Tottenhams box ...... not turning up with two or three holding midfielders so that it lessens our chances of losing ........ we MUST learn from last season or we'll get nowhere!

End of season games with Tottenham , Arsenal , Everton and United could all have been better handled ....... and there were certainly many others too!

black mamba said:
It's all about giving the opposition more problems than they can give you ..... have a look at Germany in this World Cup ... there are better sides in it maybe with better individual players , but the Germans won't lie down for anybody , and continually push forward by clever passing , and off the ball running , to create chances ..... anad ultimately goals!

We start at Tottenham , and Mancini needs to get a team out there who can WIN the game , and that means getting balls and bodies into Tottenhams box ...... not turning up with two or three holding midfielders so that it lessens our chances of losing ........ we MUST learn from last season or we'll get nowhere!

Agreed, but you must agree that the Germans hardly ever punt the ball upfield, they always seem to work the ball out of defence finding simple passes. We must stop this punt upfield into the box, we must work the ball into the box and always find a man with a simple pass.

To suggest Mancini is not playing proper football is just plain wrong
I don't know. Some of the football under him last season was dour and uninspiring. Okay, fair enough, he did inherit another man's team, and I can only hope things improve once he has his own team playing the way he wants.
So whilst I see and understand what you're saying, I also see what DeNiro's saying.

I hope to god he has learnt from his first season. Safety first Italian football will not succeed in the PRemier League. It's too high tempo, too aggressive.

To be fair, he showed signs towards the end of ditching this policy, because it clearly didn't work during the first half of his tenure.

scorer said:
black mamba said:

Agreed, but you must agree that the Germans hardly ever punt the ball upfield, they always seem to work the ball out of defence finding simple passes. We must stop this punt upfield into the box, we must work the ball into the box and always find a man with a simple pass.

And for me that is one of the reasons why Richards will be on his way !!
Mancini told us that he liked to play football on the ground,but the number of times you saw the look of despair on his face when Richards would just hoof it upfield without looking.

to say safety first italian football doesnt work is ridiculous, anyone remember grahams arse1-nil team of the ninetys.
i think mancini is a top top manager, and given time will win us the p.l, personnally i think that time is this year.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.