Mancini plays (proper) football

Didsbury Dave said:
Ducky_ said:
You just can't please some people.

what does this mean?

We came 5th thanks to Mancio and his record was better than Hughes' and he did't bring in any of his own players (except Vieira).
Now we have people moaning about the style of football and people who think they know better than a manager who has proved he knows what he's doing.

Ducky_ said:
Didsbury Dave said:
what does this mean?

We came 5th thanks to Mancio and his record was better than Hughes' and he did't bring in any of his own players (except Vieira).
Now we have people moaning about the style of football and people who think they know better than a manager who has proved he knows what he's doing.

That's just the problem , for many he HASN'T proved it yet .....

I'm sure Mancini , himself , would be the first to hold his hands up , and admit that he got some things wrong last season ........ we blew the 4th place for one thing , and we DID blow it ... we were in pole position enough times!

Some of the tactics , training , and subsitutions were often called into question too ..... and there was , and still is , speculation about personality clashes with certain players.

scorer said:
Just read a comment on the transfer thread by DeNiro, a much respected friend and mod....

To suggest Mancini is not playing proper football is just plain wrong and this view and approach underpins the reasons why England were so shit at the world cup this year.

That is everything what is wrong with the game today.

What Mancini is trying to do is play posession football, always asking the team to work and give the man on the ball an easy "out" and not to pass three times and then just punt the ball upfield more in hope than expectation.

England were embarassing at the World Cup as is the majority of (so called) football that is played in the Prem (Arsenal, and soon to be us, excepted).

We are going to have to be patient, but under Mancini success will come!!

morning Tony, looking forward to meeting up again around the country.

i dont remember liking mancini to england mate tbh but bsed on last season mancini played the game so wrong its not true, we were dire, flat and boring. this season i'm convinced things will be different, mancini says he had to play like that due to the players at his disposal and that this season will be different. i bekieve him, lets face it he will have some squad. i just can't wait for the season to begin and we yet again embark on another quest for glory, this time though i honestly think our time has come.
p.s. let me know if you are doing spurs, if its a sunday i may flirt down sat night and have a beer:)

The problem last season was that Mancini was trying to grind out 1-0 results with a team that wasnt really capable of doing that. If a manager goes down that route he has to succeed, fans will tolerate dull football but only if it produces results.

Mancini was criticised for packing the midfield with defensive midfield players but in reality he didnt have a lot of choice. The signings so far, particularly Silva, and those in the pipeline should allow us to play effectively the way Mancini wants to.

I can't believe that a manager who buys Adam Johnson is going to be intent on playing dour football.
Look at the players he is buying now. All very capable of going forward, Toure did it at Barca, Silva at Valencia nd Boatang has recently been doing it for Germany. We need an attacking force but we also need a strong defence. I for one think he is getting the balance sorted out.

The players Mancini seems to be gathering are the sort who will press opponents and give them an enormous amount to think about. We need more steel in the back four, but I am sure this is being attended to as my fingers whip across this keyboard.

Last season, I think he was serverely limited with the type of player he had at his disposal. Had The Emerald Prince been firing on half the cylinders he might have in his garage we would have had just the extra dimension we needed.

But the opening fixture at The Lane will reveal what kind of season we can expect, not just at CoMS but on the road.

Dave Ewing's Back 'eader said:
But the opening fixture at The Lane will reveal what kind of season we can expect, not just at CoMS but on the road.

It will indeed ........

we don't want any repeat of the disgraceful City shenanigans that we served up at Toffingham Hotspunk last season .... that's for sure!

i just hope he's been at the English phrasebook over summer. Like Capello, i think an inability to speak the language comfortably is a massive failing in a manager. If he wants to get his message across, and motivate the players with the fiery personality we know he has, then he needs to be far better than last season

deJong_Ones said:
i just hope he's been at the English phrasebook over summer. Like Capello, i think an inability to speak the language comfortably is a massive failing in a manager. If he wants to get his message across, and motivate the players with the fiery personality we know he has, then he needs to be far better than last season

I agree totally with this. This is why most foreign managers fail in England.

You need very strong communication skills to properly manage a bunch of egocentric, tempramental players.

Didsbury Dave said:
deJong_Ones said:

I agree totally with this. This is why most foreign managers fail in England.

You need very strong communication skills to properly manage a bunch of egocentric, tempramental players.

ditto this.
lost in translation comes to mind.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.