Mancini rules (in my opinion)

mancityscot said:
I just feel he has fucked up with a lot of our players. Bellamy, onuoha etc.

I think Bellamy fucked up with his coach and is now playing in the Championship and will miss playing in the Champions League next year.

-- Wed Nov 17, 2010 4:42 pm --

Mancio said:

no. arsenal isnt in the same level where City is going. thats the barca-real madrid level

this<br /><br />-- Wed Nov 17, 2010 4:44 pm --<br /><br />
schfc6 said:
I am looking forward to this.
..........................Hart................
Boateng..Kompany..Toure..Kolarov
....................De Jong..................
..............Ya Ya..........Barry..........
........................Silva....................
..................Tevez...Balotelli...........

Now that is a great side, and is most certainly not boring, negative or defensive.

me too. the long awaited diamond. patience and victory will be ours.

Indeed I would be interested in seeing a diamond as well, I remember the diamond he used at Inter in 2006/07 which was quite an attacking line up.

----------------- Cesar

Maicon -- Samuel -- Cordoba -- Materazzi

--------------- Vieira

----------- Figo --- Cambiasso

--------------- Stankovic

------ Ibrahimovic -- Crespo

Inter only lost one game all season

10.Goater_Legend said:
Indeed I would be interested in seeing a diamond as well, I remember the diamond he used at Inter in 2006/07 which was quite an attacking line up.

----------------- Cesar

--------------- Vieira

Yep he has all the pieces for it (has had them since August--just not healthy or fit). This time next year he will have enough depth in the squad (adding players like Pastore, Dzeko and Luiz) that we can play it even if Balo is suspended or Kolarov is hurt, or Silva needs a rest, etc...and we won't have to go through what we have gone through this season. In two years time we will be one of the top five clubs in the world.

1fingerwillie said:
10.Goater_Legend said:

----------------- Cesar

--------------- Vieira

Yep he has all the pieces for it (has had them since August--just not healthy or fit). This time next year he will have enough depth in the squad (adding players like Pastore, Dzeko and Luiz) that we can play it even if Balo is suspended or Kolarov is hurt, or Silva needs a rest, etc...and we won't have to go through what we have gone through this season. In two years time we will be one of the top five clubs in the world.

This is spot on for me! Support him through this bit and all we dream will be ours over the next couple of years .

Really like and agree with this series of posts. Let's support Mancini and the team. There is still some work to do but the pieces are already in place for greatness to follow.

Dennis Tuearts MGBGT said:
Are you joking ...4 years of this moron and we will struggle to get 10,000 through the gates even if we do win anything.
Its unwatchable.He's clueless and we are all bored with watching them.
Another one of the minority.Who claims to speak for us all.
In 4 years we may get 35,000 whilst the 10,000 who speak for us all might not come through the gate.

schfc6 said:
mancityscot said:
I just feel he has fucked up with a lot of our players. Bellamy, onuoha etc.

?? Bellamy has played just the 6 games for Cardiff, and not been over impressive, the common consensus in Football is you can't have Bellamy around if he's not playing. 8 clubs & more managers in 10 years would suggest this. Onouha, are you kidding he's dross, one good game doesn't change that. He was absolutly awful against the mighty Newcastle oh and he's older than Boateng to boot!! Who's the etc? Ireland? Garrido? Weiss? LOL!

Mancini is truly a class act. Yes his tactics are taking a while to get used to. But having listened to the man speak and looking at the signings he's made I'm convinced he will not deploy defensive tactics for long.
Yes his substitution of Tevez Saturday left us all perplexed but just for one second put yourself in his shoes, nothing was working, and he saw an angle that many didn't, he is the first manager we have had who does what he thinks is best for team without thinking of the consequences for himself, it would have been easy to leave Tevez on, and just leave it, but Mancini had the balls to try something different with out considering the backlash he must have known he would get if it didn't work. I think every great manager needs balls. It didn't work, but Tevez wasn't playing well, and was trying to 'Gerrard' it, and I though he was hindering the team on this occasion. I remember Benitez taking Gerrard off in a derby at 0-0 and Liverpool won, was it a master stroke? Not according to pundits, and all people said "what would have happened if you didn't win?"
Any old fool can pick the team that everyone wants but that is not always the best for the team.Lest we forget that just 12 months ago we were in 8th and were drawing with the likes of Burnley 3-3 at home, that is no recipe for success. Mancini has without doubt imporved us, and most of this is with the dross that Hughes signed, SWP, JO, Lescott, Bridge and RSC, no wonder he makes weird subs, look what was on the bench against Birmingham, a load of Hughes' raggy dolls!
I totally agree that the Football needs to be better, and I'm sure Mancini will agree, but he needs time, he has only really signed 7 players, 3 of which are yet to really take part, Silva is pure class, Johnson looks sharp and bright on occasion but needs to improve, I'm sure training with players he does he will learn a lot, if he can't learn from Silva then God help him. Ya Ya looks exceptional in parts, awful in others, but against WBA he was outstanding as a out and out central midfielder, Milner needs to get used to playing in a team that dictates play and regain his confidence.
Mancini's regime has infinitely improved De Jong, Kompany and Tevez. He has also made ballsy decisions to replace Given with Hart, the safe option would have been to stick with Given, He removed Bellamy which to many his most controversial, but Bellamy is a bad egg, and has not exactly ripped up trees at Cardiff. When Bellamy's good, he very good, but when he's bad....... Wow

I think most rational City fans know that we have a great platform to build on, and that's thanks to Mancini now we need to step to the next level, and I'm sure Mancini is the man for this.

I am looking forward to this.
..........................Hart................
Boateng..Kompany..Toure..Kolarov
....................De Jong..................
..............Ya Ya..........Barry..........
........................Silva....................
..................Tevez...Balotelli...........

Now that is a great side, and is most certainly not boring, negative or defensive.

Good post

if I may add. Expectation have been raised beyond all reason this season and because we aren't a point or two behind Chelsea and above the sh1te we are performing under par! Coming up to the half way point and we are still right in the mix. Anyone who thought we were to not only going win but run away with the league are simply delusional. We have a great squad but still not a great team. Football is a team sport and this takes time to build.

We had one step forward in regard to the above side against Brom (Mario and Tevez) and unfortunately three steps back as an outcome of Marios three match ban. I don't think Balotelli is the saviour of the club or Mancini (but ffs neither is Adam Johnson)Our strikers in partnership are woeful except it would seem the above, time will tell. We might have all the money in the world but Mancini can only send out a team from the squad at hand. For sure we will see new signings come the next transfer window.

Too many people on here made a judgement regarding Mancini months ago and are to intransigent to change that decision regardless of how the season will pan out. Only time will tell and for me it's too soon to cry foul.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.