Mancini Sees Opening League Games As "Problem"

If we've got any ambition whatsoever then we should be looking forwards to these Matches and not worrying about them.

City did the double over the Premiership Champions last season. Who else scored 4 at Stamford Bridge? We won't go ANYWHERE as a Club with pessimism.

Garry.Cook said:
kevilldavies said:
Sorry, I can't start a post, but here's a thought. Anyone agree?

City have a tough start to the new season with away visits to Spurs and Sunderland sandwiching a home game against Liverpool, before the easier looking visit of Blackburn and away trip to Wigan.
I just wonder if City's most dangerous early game is, in fact, against Steve Bruce's side. We all know that Spurs are one of City's bogey sides and Liverpool can never be written off, but Bruce will have had the benefit of starting the season with a more or less settled starting eleven. It was sad to hear that the goalkeeper, Gordon, has broken his arm in training, as he had a great game against us last season but Darren Bent, for instance, will be anxious to show what he can really do. Also, I believe that the likes of Malbranque, Richardson and Cattermole will relish the opportunity to pit their wits against City's expensive side.

Sunderland's opening fixtures are against B'ham (h), WBA (a), City (h), Wigan (a). Steve Bruce will be saying to his team we can realistically open the season with four wins out of four. It's always tricky going to the Stadium of Light and winning and although he will view the City match as the toughest he will instil belief in his team to pull off a surprise so early in the season. Mancini may view the Sunderland game as the easier of the openers but I'm not so sure. This is where the managers will earn their money; urging the players to take no games for granted and insisting that these are the matches they must win if they are to be serious contenders for the title.

Where in Sunderland are you from mate?

How very disappointing!
Despite my early pessimism I had City to win three nil.

I made a post here before the season (above), drawing attention to the threat posed by Sunderland. It was received by the bully boys with predictable cynicism.
So let me say this again. Sunderland won this game because in the second half they played with a passion and belief instilled by a manager who knows the premier League. City should have won this game in the first half but they didn't and in the second half were failed, in my opinion, by the men that support Mancini. He is passionate but where was the advice about playing Premier league football? Both Platt and Kidd have no historical affiliation with City. Get rid of them. Bring in people who love City with a passion that matches the fans. I do believe that the Sunderland Chairman Niall Quinn has more affection for City than those clowns.

To a neutral the game was good to watch but for me there was lack of attention to detail. First I must say that Andy Johnson is too predictable. Every club in ther league knows he's not going outside but always will cut in. Wright-Phillips should have started. Johnson should also never take a corner until he can clear the first defender.
The first corner on thirty seven minutes, was short and was a disgrace. WHY do they do it??? On too many occasions a City player was surrounded by three or four Sunderland players when he was passed the ball and looked for back-up. Why?? Players should be there.

It's no good continually saying that City were unlucky. Sunderland were mostly represented by unknowns. Players who are worth a millionth of what City's players cost. Why then did they prevail? Passion and work rate that's why.
Time and again in the second half Sunderland were the first to the ball or breakdown. For all those apologists for City's poor pre-season and the lack of time to gel, how long will you give before you realise that to win games we
must SCORE GOALS and to score goals we have to have to have the ball and to have the ball we need players with VISION and speed of reaction. Get real! There is no time if we want to achieve the Holy Grail of the Premiership and to reach this target we ought to be pressing for better mental preperation and this is down to MANAGEMENT.

Losing to Sunderland is hard to take but it's not a disaster; many teams will come to grief at the stadium of light, but City ought to be winning these games if they are to beat Chelsea and the tossers for the title.

Oh! By the way, for the benefit of the posting rag and those other losers, I was born in Wembley Road, Gorton.

Although I now live in Spain, don't talk to me about passion for City, you don't come any way near! Believe me.

kevilldavies said:
Garry.Cook said:
Where in Sunderland are you from mate?

How very disappointing!

I made a post here before the season (above), drawing attention to the threat posed by Sunderland. It was received by the bully boys with predictable cynicism.
So let me say this again. Sunderland won this game because in the second half they played with a passion and belief instilled by a manager who knows the premier League. City should have won this game in the first half but they didn't and in the second half were failed, in my opinion, by the men that support Mancini. He is passionate but where was the advice about playing Premier league football? Both Platt and Kidd have no historical affiliation with City. Get rid of them. Bring in people who love City with a passion that matches the fans. I do believe that the Sunderland Chairman Niall Quinn has more affection for City than those clowns.

To a neutral the game was good to watch but for me there was lack of attention to detail. First I must say that Andy Johnson is too predictable. Every club in ther league knows he's not going outside but always will cut in. Wright-Phillips should have started. Johnson should also never take a corner until he can clear the first defender.
The first corner on thirty seven minutes, was short and was a disgrace. WHY do they do it??? On too many occasions a City player was surrounded by three or four Sunderland players when he was passed the ball and looked for back-up. Why?? Players should be there.

It's no good continually saying that City were unlucky. Sunderland were mostly represented by unknowns. Players who are worth a millionth of what City's players cost. Why then did they prevail? Passion and work rate that's why.
Time and again in the second half Sunderland were the first to the ball or breakdown. For all those apologists for City's poor pre-season and the lack of time to gel, how long will you give before you realise that to win games we
must SCORE GOALS and to score goals we have to have to have the ball and to have the ball we need players with VISION and speed of reaction. Get real! There is no time if we want to achieve the Holy Grail of the Premiership and to reach this target we ought to be pressing for better mental preperation and this is down to MANAGEMENT.

Losing to Sunderland is hard to take but it's not a disaster; many teams will come to grief at the stadium of light, but City ought to be winning these games if they are to beat Chelsea and the tossers for the title.

Oh! By the way, for the benefit of the posting rag and those other losers, I was born in Wembley Road, Gorton.

Although I now live in Spain, don't talk to me about passion for City, you don't come any way near! Believe me.

Erm.... Kidd played for us for 3 years.....

and at what point did Andy Johnson play today?

pepsi_dave said:
How very disappointing!

FAIL!

RAG!

pepsi_dave said:
kevilldavies said:
How very disappointing!

Erm.... Kidd played for us for 3 years.....

and at what point did Andy Johnson play today?

Well spotted about Kidd. I admit I'd forgotten this link but I make no apologies about my thoughts on his abilities. I, of course, mean Adam. When I wrote this piece I was angry, not only with City's defeat at Sunderland, but with posters that make no contribution to the debate but answer with so called 'one liners' that are neither funny or 'cool'.

Jim Tolmie's Underpants said:
pepsi_dave said:
How very disappointing!

FAIL!

RAG!
lol

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.