Mancini,shocking week

So our 8 game winning streak in the top league in europe comes to an end.

Frankly the OP is an embarrassment. FFS Madrid lost to Levante yesterday.

We are going to lose a game of football soon.

robbieh said:

It will be as bad as RAWK on here when we do lose a game.

Saying that Bob got it wrong yesterday when he subbed Silva & Aguero in my opinion. But he will not get every decision right and is still the best manager we have had for a very long time. Their second goal took a deflection which we couldn't do much about. The thing that worries me is that with all the players we have, we seem to lack creativity without Silva, God help us if he gets injured.

I don't think Mancini did too much wrong in the Napoli game though.

Let's get things into perspective... the Napoli result was frustrating but then they go and beat AC Milan at the weekend 3-1 with Cavani scoring a hat-trick - they are no mugs and will be a real problem for Bayern and Villarreal as well as being up there in Serie A this year.

The Fulham result was equally frsutrating after being 2-0 up...

...but we've played 5, won 2 at home without conceding a goal and won 2 away and drawn 1.

That's a pretty good start and only bettered by Utd... who will come a cropper in the league at some point, especially with 33 matches to go.

A huge way to go and we're gonna be there or thereabouts... anybody criticising the team or the manager or the performances at this point in time should take a long, hard look at themselves.

danburge82 said:
I think that's going too far.

What I will say is that Mancini picked the wrong two fullbacks in both games against Napoli and Fulham. They were mistakes. He'll learn from them.

I know you're the all knowing one but yesterday Richards and especiall Clichy were two of our best players. You tell me why he played the wrong ones against Fulham.

larderland said:
not a mancini out thread but hes had an absolute stinker this week.

we criticize players when they have bad games so y not mancini??
1st of all, zaba and kolorov as the fulbacks against napoli,poor decision by him but has been discussed on this forum.

dzeko very poor against napoli and mancini just flat out refuses to make a change. I couldnt get over how long he took to bring tevez on. Everyone in the stadium,commentators could see we werent in the game,does mancini do anything about it??NO not until 10mins to go.

Were knackered after a game midweek,weve spent buckets on developing a squad so lets use it?,so lets make a few changes shall we??

No not mancini,fair enough he couldnt change barry and yaya,i get that due to milner,de jong being out. but he has balotelli,aj,tevez all to pick from and he doesnt include any of them???

he decides to pick the exact same team (bar fullbacks) who played 90 tough and intense minutes against a very good napoli side.

Then he gets a bit worried from fulham scoring one goal and takes off hands down our best player at the club in silva,and then when they score a 2nd he goes 'oh shit il throw on aj now that we need a goal with about 15 mins to go!!

THEN today after another poor dzeko performance he waits until the 80th minute to introduce tevez and prays he can produce a miracle.

im sorry but hes made some shit decisions this week and needs to get his act together soon
Criticism can be interesting, but this post is just annoying

Dzeko was our best forward against Napoli, and Mancini had already explained that he would have changed his midfield at Fulham but De Jong, Milner were injured whilst Hargreaves needs match fitness.

We were 2-0 up on 46 mins and the players through it away, partly because of tiredness, and Mancini didn't have the options on the bench to strengthen the midfield.

Mancini has to make hundreds of decisions every day, and obviously on a match day he is massively under pressure. He will make mistakes, but its a) how he learns from them and b) over the course of the season he make more good ones than bad ones.

Shocking OP considering where we are.

robbieh said:

Throwing 2 points down the toilet from a position of total domination, because the players thought they'd done enough and took their foot off the gas, followed by a bizarre substitution by the manager, is extremely worrying and fair game for criticism imo.

hgblue said:
Throwing 2 points down the toilet from a position of total domination, because the players thought they'd done enough and took their foot off the gas, followed by a bizarre substitution by the manager, is extremely worrying and fair game for criticism imo.

'Extremely worrying'? Really?

Some people seriously need to man up. There will be a lot worse to come at stages this season.

Yes it's been a poor week. Let's sack him.

Seriously, what are people hoping to achieve here? Everybody knows we should have got more than what we did but we didn't. These things happen.

Every manager and every team in history sometimes goes a week at without a win. This time its us. Move on.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.