Mancini,shocking week

Pam said:
FFS, Barca had a near identical situation only last week. Last Saturday they surrendered a two goal lead in La Liga and then they drew at home in the Chimps League. And this amounts to a shocking week for Pep Guardiola, I take it?

Yeah, I think it actually does. Their weeks were equally shocking.

ManCitizens. said:
Dzeko was shocking v Napoli? Was you watching the same game? Aguero had a shocker that night and lost the ball every time he touched it.

You must not have been paying much attention......

Dzeko was superb and a contender for our MOTM.

If you have to point the finger,look no further than Yaya,thats where i see a problem when it comes to a lack of effort and commitment,he's unstoppable when he bothers,however......He should have been the player replaced by Zaba.

Also I think the biggest issue for us today was it seemed to me the pitch was much smaller compared to spurs or even home. This meant our whole game was compromised as we had less space, were closed quicker and weren't able to Play to our strengths. I think it was a small pitch and we really struggled with that - will be the same in games like Stoke too.

If this is the reaction after a draw. Then only god knows what will happen after a loss. ALL teams lose or draw. Its a part and parcel of football. If any of you were expecting to go the season unbeaten ( which we still are ) , i suggest you visit a psychiatrist. And dont argue that it was against a small team which we should have beaten. ALL teams sometimes lose or draw against teams which they should beat. The so called 'crisis' that the club is sometimes in as labeled by the media is created by the fans, no one else.

Just as it is inappropriate to blame individual players for the ball getting from the oppo pen area into our net, poor subbing, poor initial selection has to be a managerial group thing. The subs are not just thrown on as a passing thought. The game plan would have been ironed out midweek, the options discussed and collectively agreed. The performance good, bad or indifferent is a group responsibility issue.

But if we want to lynch someone from the top spiral, I vote Platt!

larderland said:
not a mancini out thread but hes had an absolute stinker this week.

we criticize players when they have bad games so y not mancini??
1st of all, zaba and kolorov as the fulbacks against napoli,poor decision by him but has been discussed on this forum.

dzeko very poor against napoli and mancini just flat out refuses to make a change. I couldnt get over how long he took to bring tevez on. Everyone in the stadium,commentators could see we werent in the game,does mancini do anything about it??NO not until 10mins to go.

Were knackered after a game midweek,weve spent buckets on developing a squad so lets use it?,so lets make a few changes shall we??

No not mancini,fair enough he couldnt change barry and yaya,i get that due to milner,de jong being out. but he has balotelli,aj,tevez all to pick from and he doesnt include any of them???

he decides to pick the exact same team (bar fullbacks) who played 90 tough and intense minutes against a very good napoli side.

Then he gets a bit worried from fulham scoring one goal and takes off hands down our best player at the club in silva,and then when they score a 2nd he goes 'oh shit il throw on aj now that we need a goal with about 15 mins to go!!

THEN today after another poor dzeko performance he waits until the 80th minute to introduce tevez and prays he can produce a miracle.

im sorry but hes made some shit decisions this week and needs to get his act together soon
I think that's going too far.

What I will say is that Mancini picked the wrong two fullbacks in both games against Napoli and Fulham. They were mistakes. He'll learn from them.

you gotta love the drama queens on here with words like shocking and crisis being banded about and pointing fingers at manger and players!

leewill31 said:
you gotta love the drama queens on here with words like shocking and crisis being banded about and pointing fingers at manger and players!

Indeed - yesterday was annoyingly frustrating and probably avoidable but hey shit happens everywhere.
With Nige , Milner and OH fully in the mix up for places I think we´ll be very difficult to beat

Bluemoon115 said:
It's not just a "draw" away to Fulham, it's pissing away a 2 goal lead at Fulham. It's seeing the inevitable happening in front of your eyes, and seeing nothing being done to stop it.

But, Mancini doesn't have his team yet. So we'll just wait...

Been quiet recently mate, everything been alright?

Mancini seen the inevitable happen, we were getting over run in midfield so he brought on an extra defensive minded midfielder in Zabaleta, i personally wouldn't have took Silva off but i would have brought Zaba on. Unfortunately Fulham got a lucky break with a deflected goal, it was disappointing to draw after being 2-0 up no doubt about it but saying Mancini didn't try to stop it is ridiculous as is saying Mancini has had a shocking week

We aren't going to win every game, no team will do that it's about learning from our mistakes and being better next time

Way OTT.

Napoli were brilliant.

And a City team without Silva has to learn to step up, it's embarrassing to see eleven professionals running around with a lack of balls because we took ONE player off.

Mancini was right to take Silva off, the team have got to get used to playing without him as we are far to dependant of his services....It's actually worrying!!

Oh and Edin was not poor against Napoli mate?!?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.