Mancini to...ermm...Russia?!? Rumour of the year?

Status
Not open for further replies.
sir peace frog said:
from sports witness who have been doing a little digging regarding mancini to russia.

this has been moving around for about 24 hours now so we thought we'd see what the Russians were actually saying about the possibility of Roberto Mancini taking over their national team, to see how far it had been exaggerated by the English press.

And, to be fair, it would be hard to exaggerate just what Sports.Ru are saying because they are acting like the deal is confirmed and all that is missing is Mancini turning up in Russia. Sports.Ru is a major player in Russia and unless they've been taken over by a gang of mischievous journalism students someone must have told them something for them to get so carried away.

There are articles like 'Roberto Mancini: The Photo Gallery', 'Roberto Mancini: The Best Quotes', 'Roberto Mancini: The Rules of Life', and statements and articles by people on what Mancini is like both as a coach and as man.

And then, with a little more digging, it seems there are others also being linked with the job by the same outlet. So whilst most of them at Sports.ru coronate Roberto Mancini, other writers are linking other managers.

Soon him signing a six-year contract 54-year-old could be officially announced, according to Sport-Express.'

Sport-Express is long hand for Sports.ru, so they are basically writing stories and using themselves to confirm them. Like us saying 'Cavani will sign a contract with Manchester City according to Sport Witness'.

We looked around other Russian press and there was little about Mancini, Sov Sport seem convinced Fabio Capello should have flown to Russia by now to confirm a deal. Sport cover the story but only to say '...according to Russian sources', they also checked it out with the Russian FA (why didn't anyone else think of that?) and found out from them that they haven't offered a deal to any potential manager and will only have a completed list of candidates on July 10th, perhaps later.

To find out all of this took less than ten minutes so you have to wonder how it's ended up on the back page of The Mail on Sunday as their main football story today. They cite reports in Russia, which will be Sports.ru, but also say Manchester City have denied their manager is leaving.

In Italy today Calciomercato say that Roberto Mancini is having problems extending his deal with Manchester City, so the Russia links will help his cause that way.

Mancini has been linked with the job, that's correct, but so have Pep Guardiola, Cesare Prandelli and Fabio Capello - just this weekend.

Good bit of investigating :)

It's on the back pages of certain papers and now shitesports because it sell papers or gets people listening or ringing up

Look at Pep. He loves Barca but said now he wasn't happiy there since last October. He lost his passion and everything. That pressure... sometimes it could be too much.

CTID101 said:
Comeon Khaldoon and Sheikh Mansour. This is a turning point in how the club progresses into the next generation of hopefully multiple trophies.

I'm really not intending to start the season's first Mancini war, especially as champions, but if he were to go, his successor would be one of the luckiest managers ever. As long as the right man were in place it wouldn't set us back significantly. A good team is a good team. A healthy club is a healthy club.

It would, of course, have to be the right man. And we wouldn't be short of candidates, I can assure you that. It would be one of the world's best ever football vacancies.

Won't happen. He'll sign.

Are there no grounds here for legal action from City? If Mancini's name really is on a contract (Sports.ru claim it is but not the leaked one on Twitter which is a fake), what does that mean? It'd be an act of betrayal and Mancini would have broken the law would he not by signing a contract while already bound to one.

I see what your saying Dave.

I just think that we have for the first time in a while got a whole setup working and I would hate for it to change. imo he has completely shaped the club in such a fantastic way.
Maybe i am just too emotionally attached because of the past 2 years.

Losing Bobby would be a huge blow but IF and thats a big IF he does go then for me it has to be Pep who replaces him !

In light of the fervered speculation, the Russian FA have kept their cards close to their chest, but a statement revealed they would be publishing a list of all the candidates on their website on Tuesday.

"Because of numerous reports about the so-called agreed candidates and having former RFU chief (Sergei Fursenko) signing contracts with them, the RFU would like to officially state that at the moment, it has not signed any contracts with any possible candidates," the RFU said.

"Also, on Tuesday, July 10, a list of coaches will be published on the RFU's official website and with whom the RFU will start contract negotiations."

Former England boss Fabio Capello and ex-Barcleona coach Pep Guardiola are another two high-profile names that have reportedly been approached by the Russian FA in recent weeks.

above taken from another webiste........

Surely we should be taking the RFU to task and reporting them for 'tapping up'?

In RM we Trust. CTID

I'm trying my hardest not to believe any of this stuff but this guy's timeline worries me.

<a class="postlink" href="http://twitter.com/arturpetrosyan" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://twitter.com/arturpetrosyan</a>

If he was being linked with any other job I wouldn't be bothered, but there's something about Russians...

why arent the club coming out and denying this??

its been online for quite some time now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.