Mancini to...ermm...Russia?!? Rumour of the year?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didsbury Dave said:
CTID101 said:
Comeon Khaldoon and Sheikh Mansour. This is a turning point in how the club progresses into the next generation of hopefully multiple trophies.

I'm really not intending to start the season's first Mancini war, especially as champions, but if he were to go, his successor would be one of the luckiest managers ever. As long as the right man were in place it wouldn't set us back significantly. A good team is a good team. A healthy club is a healthy club.

It would, of course, have to be the right man. And we wouldn't be short of candidates, I can assure you that. It would be one of the world's best ever football vacancies.

Won't happen. He'll sign.

Certainly agree with that (especially if it was for instance Guardiola) but don't believe anybody wants to lose the bond that has already been established with Mancini and the fans. Mourinho for me is the best coach in Europe (I've said this for a number of years and overhauling Barcelona as champions emphasises that view further) but the existing bond with Mancini can't be easily replaced even if there are equally exceptional managers. Kompany and Balotelli (both offer so much more than simply being a great footballer) would be the only comparable losses for me (other than losing Sheik Mansour but that isn't going to happen)

Anyway don't think most believe it will happen. Mancini's name would usually be trending in Manchester area (and probably national) by now if most think its a possibility. Its not creating mass panic/mockery at the moment.

A new manager could have negative effects. If it's someone like Guardiola, our steely Italian defensive discipline could go out the window for example, Barcelona are not a great defensive team. They press the ball non-stop as that is part of the club's culture but their actual defending is not very good when they are under pressure, certainly not as good as ours (Barca could never survive a 90 minute bombardment like we did against Arsenal). That's just one example of how we might suffer if Guardiola took over, as it'd require time for him to instill his footballing ideology on the club and it could mean an inconsistent season.

I pray this nonsense is sorted soon and Mancini signs his new contract. A break in continuity could cost us the league next season.

been reading a bit on twitter

the talksport producer said hes spoke to his trusted source in russia and they are adamant mancini will be the new russia manager

sjy bet now has him as the favourite for next premiership manager to leave.

the only thing is tho,say the contract signing is true,he would have signed it under the russian fas PREVIOUS president as he was sacked a few days ago i believe

This article appears to be new (just linked by fbloke on twitter) with Harry Harris of ESPN quoting a "city source."

<a class="postlink" href="http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/1123574/roberto-mancini-set-for-new-manchester-city-contract?cc=5739#" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story ... t?cc=5739#</a>

I'm confused.

Someone circulates a fake contract between Mancini and the Russian FA prompting reports that Mancini is indeed moving to Russia. Contract turns out to be fake, but despite this the rumour only grows and people insist there is a real contract out there?

This all makes no sense.

Wasn't Mancini only recently talking about building a legacy at City?

Didsbury Dave said:
CTID101 said:
Comeon Khaldoon and Sheikh Mansour. This is a turning point in how the club progresses into the next generation of hopefully multiple trophies.

I'm really not intending to start the season's first Mancini war, especially as champions, but if he were to go, his successor would be one of the luckiest managers ever. As long as the right man were in place it wouldn't set us back significantly. A good team is a good team. A healthy club is a healthy club.

It would, of course, have to be the right man. And we wouldn't be short of candidates, I can assure you that. It would be one of the world's best ever football vacancies.

Won't happen. He'll sign.

Agree with this. Avram Grant almost won the league and Champions league!!

Edwaardz said:
I'm trying my hardest not to believe any of this stuff but this guy's timeline worries me.

<a class="postlink" href="http://twitter.com/arturpetrosyan" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://twitter.com/arturpetrosyan</a>

If he was being linked with any other job I wouldn't be bothered, but there's something about Russians...

He also says that apparently Guardiola signed a contract with that Fursenko bloke as well. In all seriousness, it's difficult to believe that one of Mancini or Pep would've signed contracts with an outgoing member of the Russian FA, let alone both of them.

SI's Bald Head said:
In light of the fervered speculation, the Russian FA have kept their cards close to their chest, but a statement revealed they would be publishing a list of all the candidates on their website on Tuesday.

"Also, on Tuesday, July 10, a list of coaches will be published on the RFU's official website and with whom the RFU will start contract negotiations."

Why start negotiations with someone who has already signed lol

M18CTID said:
Edwaardz said:
I'm trying my hardest not to believe any of this stuff but this guy's timeline worries me.

<a class="postlink" href="http://twitter.com/arturpetrosyan" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://twitter.com/arturpetrosyan</a>

If he was being linked with any other job I wouldn't be bothered, but there's something about Russians...

He also says that apparently Guardiola signed a contract with that Fursenko bloke as well. In all seriousness, it's difficult to believe that one of Mancini or Pep would've signed contracts with an outgoing member of the Russian FA, let alone both of them.
Maybe he was told they signed a big manager but didn't know his name. There were rumours about Guardiola because Spartak Moscow's owner said he'd pay his salary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.