Mancini to...ermm...Russia?!? Rumour of the year?

Status
Not open for further replies.
100%blue said:
Kinky said:
Dear Fellow Blues,

CALM DOWN.

Allow me as a Russian, who sometimes reads some of the <a class="postlink" href="http://www.sports.ru" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.sports.ru</a> content to provide you with a bit of a background on the story.

As you know, our national team basically managed to fuck up at Euros (it was a very even group, but qualification was quite attainable). A few days after this, Fursenko (the head of RFS or Rfu as some call it here) quit. This was a bit unexpected, even for his enemies in the upper echelons of Russian football. To give you an idea of the guy's vision of the world - his main focus during the election campaign was that our team would win the World Cup in 2018. Yes, actually winning it, the man repeated it many a time with a straight face. Many moronic decisions later (the classy and polite FU to the Belgian FA when Advocaat was appointed for example) he still stood out as a bit of a loon to the vast majority of football fans in Russia. I mean seriously - the guy was on live TV when one of the journos asked him who was funding the construction of stadiums for the World Cup in cities such as Samara and Kazan and he replied tha he doesn't know. Another question - what was the purpose of establishing a Russian B team (basically - national reserves) when players on the brink of the main squad avoided getting called up there like some sort of a plague, he responded by picking up a piece of paper and listing "interesting prospects" from relegation battling clubs. In a word - he was a bit of clown and many people were happy when he resigned (some suggest that he was forced to do so by a few high ranking politicians who got fed up with PR embarrasments and ultimately the failure at the Euros).

The site itself is basically a large network with tons of blogs, communities etc. with regards to news - sometimes they genuinely provide interesting ITK stories, sometimes it's just tabloid drivel.

Now back to the topic- during the last few days, the very same website posted stories about Guardiola and Capello being approached for the job. A shitstorm is born, some people laugh, some seriously believe the extent of ambition. Funny thing is - it will take a few days (probably months) to find out who will be the new head of the federation i.e. there is actually nobody calling the shots right now. But you can't steal a good story from people, can you? What happens next? Cappelo's son (who is one of his key representatives) states that mom and dad are on vacation and the story is a load of shite (the story being that Don Fabio was actually in Moscow negotiating a deal). Guardiola? His agent was reached and could not be clearer - Pep was planning to have a year long vacation in New York with his family and take care of his back problems, and he specifically instructed him to not negotiate anything for at least a year. Bottom line is there is a power struggle for the control of the federation right now, and media is being used in it, nothing new here.

With regards to our Mancio - Fursenko is a bit a loon (he hired a fucking medium to help him with some of the decisions for crying out loud!), he can not be reached by any reporters right now and I suppose it is just a way to remind people how wrong they were and what a brilliant boss he could ultimately be. If it was all down to just money, us and the Chinese would have the very best leagues in the world, end of. It is not all about the money, far more complex than that. Journalist who claimed to get the scoop on this has a bit of a reputation himself (comes up with complete shite sometimes), kinda like some of the "ITK" dudes in the British media or say on ESPN (if you follow NBA, you know who I mean). It is a known fact that Roberto is friends with Giner (CSKA Moscow owner and a good personal friend of Abramovich), it is a fact that Zenit approached him and courted him with serious determination before they managed to get Spalletti (the same goes to Ranieri). But I do not think the story is anything but a load of crap. If Roberto was indeed interested in working for a rich Russian with plans to dominate - I could see him only consider offers from Chelsea and Monaco (who hired Ranieri and who are bankrolled by an incredibly wealthy Dmitry Rybolovlev who actually was asked by Prince Phillippe himself to invest in the club and restore it as a force). But only once he feels like he needs a new challenge, and if he ever feels like it.

On a side not - much love goes out to the purveyors of "fucking Russia", "commie bullshit" and "shit and corrupt". If Vinny ever decides to go to PSG, one would presume a whole bunch of frog and surrender monkeys references.

For fuck's sake - it is silly season for a reason.

We are the champions, so just relax people. This is not our old typical City anymore.

So does this mean we can all sleep easy tonight?

Yes. Yes we can.<br /><br />-- Sat Jul 07, 2012 10:10 pm --<br /><br />
drthingy said:
Kinky said:
Dear Fellow Blues,

CALM DOWN.

Allow me as a Russian, who sometimes reads some of the <a class="postlink" href="http://www.sports.ru" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.sports.ru</a> content to provide you with a bit of a background on the story.

As you know, our national team basically managed to fuck up at Euros (it was a very even group, but qualification was quite attainable). A few days after this, Fursenko (the head of RFS or Rfu as some call it here) quit. This was a bit unexpected, even for his enemies in the upper echelons of Russian football. To give you an idea of the guy's vision of the world - his main focus during the election campaign was that our team would win the World Cup in 2018. Yes, actually winning it, the man repeated it many a time with a straight face. Many moronic decisions later (the classy and polite FU to the Belgian FA when Advocaat was appointed for example) he still stood out as a bit of a loon to the vast majority of football fans in Russia. I mean seriously - the guy was on live TV when one of the journos asked him who was funding the construction of stadiums for the World Cup in cities such as Samara and Kazan and he replied tha he doesn't know. Another question - what was the purpose of establishing a Russian B team (basically - national reserves) when players on the brink of the main squad avoided getting called up there like some sort of a plague, he responded by picking up a piece of paper and listing "interesting prospects" from relegation battling clubs. In a word - he was a bit of clown and many people were happy when he resigned (some suggest that he was forced to do so by a few high ranking politicians who got fed up with PR embarrasments and ultimately the failure at the Euros).

The site itself is basically a large network with tons of blogs, communities etc. with regards to news - sometimes they genuinely provide interesting ITK stories, sometimes it's just tabloid drivel.

Now back to the topic- during the last few days, the very same website posted stories about Guardiola and Capello being approached for the job. A shitstorm is born, some people laugh, some seriously believe the extent of ambition. Funny thing is - it will take a few days (probably months) to find out who will be the new head of the federation i.e. there is actually nobody calling the shots right now. But you can't steal a good story from people, can you? What happens next? Cappelo's son (who is one of his key representatives) states that mom and dad are on vacation and the story is a load of shite (the story being that Don Fabio was actually in Moscow negotiating a deal). Guardiola? His agent was reached and could not be clearer - Pep was planning to have a year long vacation in New York with his family and take care of his back problems, and he specifically instructed him to not negotiate anything for at least a year. Bottom line is there is a power struggle for the control of the federation right now, and media is being used in it, nothing new here.

With regards to our Mancio - Fursenko is a bit a loon (he hired a fucking medium to help him with some of the decisions for crying out loud!), he can not be reached by any reporters right now and I suppose it is just a way to remind people how wrong they were and what a brilliant boss he could ultimately be. If it was all down to just money, us and the Chinese would have the very best leagues in the world, end of. It is not all about the money, far more complex than that. Journalist who claimed to get the scoop on this has a bit of a reputation himself (comes up with complete shite sometimes), kinda like some of the "ITK" dudes in the British media or say on ESPN (if you follow NBA, you know who I mean). It is a known fact that Roberto is friends with Giner (CSKA Moscow owner and a good personal friend of Abramovich), it is a fact that Zenit approached him and courted him with serious determination before they managed to get Spalletti (the same goes to Ranieri). But I do not think the story is anything but a load of crap. If Roberto was indeed interested in working for a rich Russian with plans to dominate - I could see him only consider offers from Chelsea and Monaco (who hired Ranieri and who are bankrolled by an incredibly wealthy Dmitry Rybolovlev who actually was asked by Prince Phillippe himself to invest in the club and restore it as a force). But only once he feels like he needs a new challenge, and if he ever feels like it.

On a side not - much love goes out to the purveyors of "fucking Russia", "commie bullshit" and "shit and corrupt". If Vinny ever decides to go to PSG, one would presume a whole bunch of frog and surrender monkeys references.

We are the champions, so just relax people. This is not our old typical City anymore.

Moscow eh???? Mods?

Did not get what You were trying to ask here. I am currently on vacation with my fiancee and post from Florida. This was not a wind up or any kind of a shit stirring post, mate.

Relax, Roberto is staying.

stewyblue said:
https://twitter.com/sereda_alex/status/221723670496808960/photo/1
make what u want of it

Tw@tter crap. This is not Mancio's signature. Even if it was - how could he be signing anything while under contract with City?

Guys, this is a media shitstorm caused by a recently removed head of the RFU who might have had a chat or a dinner with someone from Roberto's entourage and is trying to push his own agenda. I am sure that a manager of Mancio's stature has a fuckload of meetings with all sorts of officials and executives from different clubs and federations, this does not mean that he is on the lookout for something, it is normal to do in his field of work.

Remember when some of City officials had a dinner with Barca's brass a few years back. So what, did we sign Messi or did we sell Bridge to them?

A whole load of bollocks.

Worst case scenario, if this whole thing is even partially true, Fursenko maybe had a meeting with Mancini to get an idea on his future plans. That is all. But I bet he could have easilly have a chat with any given manager n the world. So what? The guy is no longer in charge, even if he did fance bringing Mancio in, he would have to commit a bucketload of money as well as Roberto's approval.

People just creating a huge media buzz, nothing more.

If some of these tw@tter experts were to be believed, Forlan nad Drogba would be Eto'o teammates some six months ago.

Relax.

Two quick things that show this story is fake....

First one an article from the sun less than an hour ago saying Bobby is signing a new contract.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepag...rs-Man-City-deal-to-fend-off-Russian-bid.html

And secondly this tweet from MCFC Mexico
"También circula una imagen de un supuesto contrato firmado por Roberto Mancini para dirigir a Rusia. ES FALSO, no es la firma de Mancini."

That translates to(via google translate)... "Also circulates a picture of an alleged contract signed by Roberto Mancini to lead Russia. IS FALSE, it is the signature of Mancini."

I believe the last sentence is supposed to say it is not hte signature.

Rest easy blues
Sleep tight Champ1-6ns

Kinky said:
stewyblue said:
https://twitter.com/sereda_alex/status/221723670496808960/photo/1
make what u want of it

Tw@tter crap. This is not Mancio's signature. Even if it was - how could he be signing anything while under contract with City?

Guys, this is a media shitstorm caused by a recently removed head of the RFU who might have had a chat or a dinner with someone from Roberto's entourage and is trying to push his own agenda. I am sure that a manager of Mancio's stature has a fuckload of meetings with all sorts of officials and executives from different clubs and federations, this does not mean that he is on the lookout for something, it is normal to do in his field of work.

Remember when some of City officials had a dinner with Barca's brass a few years back. So what, did we sign Messi or did we sell Bridge to them?

A whole load of bollocks.

Worst case scenario, if this whole thing is even partially true, Fursenko maybe had a meeting with Mancini to get an idea on his future plans. That is all. But I bet he could have easilly have a chat with any given manager n the world. So what? The guy is no longer in charge, even if he did fance bringing Mancio in, he would have to commit a bucketload of money as well as Roberto's approval.

People just creating a huge media buzz, nothing more.

If some of these tw@tter experts were to be believed, Forlan nad Drogba would be Eto'o teammates some six months ago.

Relax.

Thanks for the insight blue

Thanks Kinky that's informative and helpful.

I agree your analysis completely.<br /><br />-- Sun Jul 08, 2012 6:47 am --<br /><br />Mancini is going nowhere

drthingy said:
Kinky said:
Dear Fellow Blues,

CALM DOWN.

Moscow eh???? Mods?

No reason to doubt him bud as hes been posting on here since 2004..

On to the papers today..

The headline is basically " Mancini to Russia for £35 million" they also state in the same article that city have rebuffed the story..
Yet they still go for the headline grabbing back page "Mancini to Russia for £35 million".

Newspapers are there to make money and they do it very well.

More chance of Michael Jackson coming back from the dead, knocking on your door this morning, asking you what you think of Jarvis Cocker, inviting him in for a cuppa and a slice of battenburg, discussing further, the Libor rate and then asking him would he like to stay and watch the tennis and have a donner from Abduls, before asking him did he really stiff Paul McCartney and only agree to do 'Say, Say, Say', so he could secretly buy the Beatles' back catalogue from a Japanese investment arm. At this point Michael will demonstrate how you do the moonwalk properly and ask if he can have some warm milk before bed time and a story about Peter Pan.

I'd say 50/50 tops at best!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tolmie's hairdoo said:
More chance of Michael Jackson coming back from the dead, knocking on your door this morning, asking you what you think of Jarvis Cocker, inviting him in for a cuppa and a slice of battenburg, discussing further, the Libor rate and then asking him would he like to stay and watch the tennis and have a donner from Abduls, before asking him did he really stiff Paul McCartney and only agree to do 'Say, Say, Say', so he could secretly buy the Beatles' back catalogue from a Japanese investment arm. At this point Michael will demonstrate how you do the moonwalk properly and ask if he can have some warm milk before bed time and a story about Peter Pan.

I'd say 50/50 tops at best!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So is it 50/50 or as likely as Micheal Jackson knocking on your door blah blah blah???

Talk about covering all the basis!

So which is it tommy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.