"Mancini - Under Pressure?" - new blog article

I am a fan from Chennai, India. I am deeply hurt by M.City dropping crucial points at crucial moment towards Title Chase. I am reading several articles about City ready to sack Mancini which is hurting me more. As we fans from INDIA have high respect toward Roberto Mancini for bringing M.City as a great team that can fight for the Title. When I started following City, I heard several bad things about M.City’s attitude, Money power, egos but had a very confident hope that M.City will grow as a TOP with an authoritative leader in charge. With the arrival of Mancini, M.City investment proved its worth. He fine tuned M.City team into a Winning team.

Me being an optimistic fan, I am still confident that M.City will fight till the end for the title chase and win the PL title first time after 4 decades. We trust Mancini enormously that he can bring M.City to great height if he is the Manager for next 3 years. Kindly be wise in transfer market and scout very well so that we recruit cheap & the best player as possible. Kindly use academy players more and loan as much as you could .so that they gain experience more. True M.City fan.

sivainnovates said:
I am a fan from Chennai, India. I am deeply hurt by M.City dropping crucial points at crucial moment towards Title Chase. I am reading several articles about City ready to sack Mancini which is hurting me more. As we fans from INDIA have high respect toward Roberto Mancini for bringing M.City as a great team that can fight for the Title. When I started following City, I heard several bad things about M.City’s attitude, Money power, egos but had a very confident hope that M.City will grow as a TOP with an authoritative leader in charge. With the arrival of Mancini, M.City investment proved its worth. He fine tuned M.City team into a Winning team.

Me being an optimistic fan, I am still confident that M.City will fight till the end for the title chase and win the PL title first time after 4 decades. We trust Mancini enormously that he can bring M.City to great height if he is the Manager for next 3 years. Kindly be wise in transfer market and scout very well so that we recruit cheap & the best player as possible. Kindly use academy players more and loan as much as you could .so that they gain experience more. True M.City fan.

The closest that post has got to India is The Stretford Balti House.

Did anyone see the story in Metro? An 8 year old girl called Megan sent Mancini a packet of fruit pastals in the post to cheer him up and he wrote a letter back to her...

Maybe we can all reduce the pressure on our nice manager by sending him some fruit pastals???

Be a nice touch to show support ;-)

johnbmcr said:
BTW I still think Mancini is a lame duck and we need to be creating a new narrative in football around positive changes of manager instead of the old style of sacking people in desperation months after they should have gone .Bringing in fresh ideas and innovation does not get a vote from the stick with it lets be stable majority but a new team in charge will unlock the riches we have @ MCFC Roberto has been too risk adverse and we have the foundations @ MCFC to take a few more chances than we do Fresh blood might seize that opportunity in a way Bobby Manc has uniquely failed to do

I have never read such a load of complete and utter rubbish in all my time reading this forum. Lame duck my arse.

Chippy_boy said:
"City were approximately 4/1 to win the title. In blunt terms, the bookies reckoned that if the league were played out five times, City would win it once."

Either I don't understand betting odds, or you don't.

Surely 4/1 means a 1 in 4 chance? 4 goes, win 1 of them? Not 5 goes to win 1. Isn't that 5/1?

No. Odds are ratios rather than fractions.

if the odds are 4/1, you put 1 unit in to win that unit back plus 4 from the bookie. So for 1 unit bet you win 5. Hence 1 in 5 chance.

Hope that helps.

sivainnovates said:

Greetings from a very happy Manchester after a 4 -0 win

brianisablue said:
johnbmcr said:
BTW I still think Mancini is a lame duck and we need to be creating a new narrative in football around positive changes of manager instead of the old style of sacking people in desperation months after they should have gone .Bringing in fresh ideas and innovation does not get a vote from the stick with it lets be stable majority but a new team in charge will unlock the riches we have @ MCFC Roberto has been too risk adverse and we have the foundations @ MCFC to take a few more chances than we do Fresh blood might seize that opportunity in a way Bobby Manc has uniquely failed to do

I have never read such a load of complete and utter rubbish in all my time reading this forum. Lame duck my arse.

It is rubbish, def not a lame duck. Give Mancini at least another year. Besides that fella must think we've lost the title. I've believed in City for 35 years... stranger things have happened. We can still win.....

1.618034 said:
Chippy_boy said:
"City were approximately 4/1 to win the title. In blunt terms, the bookies reckoned that if the league were played out five times, City would win it once."

Either I don't understand betting odds, or you don't.

Surely 4/1 means a 1 in 4 chance? 4 goes, win 1 of them? Not 5 goes to win 1. Isn't that 5/1?

No. Odds are ratios rather than fractions.

if the odds are 4/1, you put 1 unit in to win that unit back plus 4 from the bookie. So for 1 unit bet you win 5. Hence 1 in 5 chance.

Hope that helps.
Exactly, and here it is from Wiki :

The odds in favor of an event or a proposition is the ratio of the probability that an event will happen to the probability that it will not happen. For example, the odds that a randomly chosen day of the week is a Sunday are one to six, which is sometimes written 1:6, or 1/6.

So basically according to the bookmakers we had 1 chance out of 5 to win it... Don't know why should they talk about failure now if we don't end up winning the title.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.