Mancini vs Ferran & Txiki

Our academy if we get the right personnel, which I am confident will will, is going to be the best ever seen in English football so the manager has to buy into the philosophy of regularly promoting youth players in future or else it is pointless and we'll end up like Real Madrid - who produce some big talent and sell the majority of them off in favour of big money signings all the time (players sold off by Real from their cantera include Eto'o, Mata, Cambiasso, Soldado, Negredo, Valero, Javi Garcia, Juanfran, Granero, Diego Lopez).

greasedupdeafguy said:
Mancini - ohhh said:
City does have inferior junior coaching staff though..
Not according to this <a class="postlink" href="http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=301012.0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/ind ... c=301012.0</a>
Read the full thread

Excellent link

I don't see how Mancini's management and acquisition style marries in with our plans to develop the academy.

He likes them ready made.

greasedupdeafguy said:
Mancini - ohhh said:
City does have inferior junior coaching staff though..
Not according to this <a class="postlink" href="http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=301012.0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/ind ... c=301012.0</a>
Read the full thread

Link of the day!

salfordblues said:
I don't see how Mancini's management and acquisition style marries in with our plans to develop the academy.

Very true.

I wonder how much the boards preferences for formations, tactics and style of play will play a part in the future moulding of the squad. Are those aspect solely down to the management?
I think our wonderful owner might have more trust in the Spanish duo than in Mancini considering this is, as we know, a long term project.

Keith Moon said:
salfordblues said:

Balotelli?

I'm pretty sure Mancini originally thought of Mario as someone who would set the league on fire right from the beginning. His border-line worship of him says so.
Didn't quite pan out that way though.

To be fair I think Mancini is a good coach of players and under him many have flourished however this may be through natural development, better standard of team mates or Mancini's coaching.

Zaba, Richards, Clichy are a few examples of this. The likes of Maicon as well when he was at Inter,

If this academy gets functioning like expected I don't think Mancini will have any problems in playing youngsters in the future. I think we will see the likes of Rekik and Razak this year also.

Matt the Giant said:
Keith Moon said:
salfordblues said:

Balotelli?

I'm pretty sure Mancini originally thought of Mario as someone who would set the league on fire right from the beginning. His border-line worship of him says so.

He's an ex Inter Milan academy player, don't think Mancini's afraid of playing youngsters, they just need to be good enough.

Keith Moon said:
Matt the Giant said:
Keith Moon said:
Balotelli?

He's an ex Inter Milan academy player, don't think Mancini's afraid of playing youngsters, they just need to be good enough.
The one thing Hughes got right was that our Academy wasn't turning out players who were good enough for the First XI of a top team.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.