Mancini wants to sign another 3 or 4 players

Good interview but it's a few days old, mentioned Tevez still being at the Copa. The thing that interested me most was that Mancini said he wants to bring in technical players and change the style of football slightly. Good to hear, not that I'm complaining :0<br /><br />-- Mon Jul 18, 2011 11:25 pm --<br /><br />
foley87 said:
people who think barry will just be dropped are clueless.

hes a vastly underrated player and one that mancini is a massive fan

yes he may be dropped for certain games but be assured, in the big games where we need to keep it tight, he will play

He's not rubbish, but do we need Barry playing deep when we have the governor in that position Nige for the majority of games, especially home ones?

I think Mancini, was hinting at a more open attacking approach in that interview, so something will have to give.

foley87 said:
people who think barry will just be dropped are clueless.

hes a vastly underrated player and one that mancini is a massive fan

yes he may be dropped for certain games but be assured, in the big games where we need to keep it tight, he will play

My thoughts exactly, Mancini may give the players more licence to get forward in the big games, but his first thought will always be to keep the opposition out, keep a clean sheet and strike when u can, this is where squad rotation and different tactics for different opposition comes in

The key has to be signing Nasri as he will get the goals we are missing from midfield as well as being technically brilliant. He will take Yayas advanced midfield position, especially at home. With Silva & yaya chipping in with the odd goal here and there, AJ, Balotelli, Dzeko & Aguero we wont be short of goals. I just pray we get Aguero & Nasri as we will be a real threat in all comps with that squad.

As for CH, i would try and get an experienced one in like Lucio for a couple of seasons. Lescott will be found out in the big games, hate having a dig but just think of the FA Cup final when Jones turned him and if not for Hart we could have lost 1-0. Decent CH and will be ok against most prem teams with Vinne but he and Kolo are not top drawer. I know we have Savic but he is one for future and we will probably loan out Boyata.

Bluearmy said:
Im with you, why do we need another centre half...

Saying we have six is being generous:

Kompany
Savic
Boyata
Lescott
Ned
Kolo

Kolo will be out half the season and likely won't be back next year.

Ned is likely to be sold.

Lescott is not good enough for where we are going so if there is a young star available I can see Bobby grabbing Lescott's replacement now. If he does buy someone like Coates I see Boyata going out on loan to a PL club to get regular playing time leaving us a year from now with:

Kompany
Savic
Boyata
Coates

as our starting CB rotation (Also known as the best CB rotation in the PL)

With Lescott as a backup

My guess is we get four more:

Aguero
Sneijder/Nasri
Backup Keeper
CB or another technical player (Mata, Pastore please)

BlueJill said:
Bluearmy said:
Im with you, why do we need another centre half...

Saying we have six is being generous:

Kompany
Savic
Boyata
Lescott
Ned
Kolo

Kolo will be out half the season and likely won't be back next year.

Ned is likely to be sold.

Lescott is not good enough for where we are going so if there is a young star available I can see Bobby grabbing Lescott's replacement now. If he does buy someone like Coates I see Boyata going out on loan to a PL club to get regular playing time leaving us a year from now with:

Kompany
Savic
Boyata
Coates

as our starting CB rotation (Also known as the best CB rotation in the PL)

With Lescott as a backup

My guess is we get four more:

Aguero
Sneijder/Nasri
Backup Keeper
CB or another technical player (Mata, Pastore please)

Why do so many people think Lescott is not good enough for us? He was absolutley fantastic once he came into the side and got a run of games. In fact, the VK / JL pairing was as good as any in the league last season, including Vidic and camel-gob.

Kolo will not be out half the season; he is eligible to play again in early September. That's only three weeks after kick-off. Savic was brought in to replace Boateng, I believe.

IMHO, Nasri / Sneijder are targets to compete with and take some of the pressure off Silva, not to play alongside him. I can't see Bobby changing his formation as radically as that. Maybe one of his targets is a Barry-type player to link NdJ and YaYa, again to add more competition for places in the starting XI.

And please let us sign Aguerro!

Vienna_70 said:
Why do so many people think Lescott is not good enough for us?

Kolo will not be out half the season; he is eligible to play again in early September.

Kolo can train in September. He won't be match fit until Mid-October at the earliest. Then he is gone for all of February with the African Cup.

In my opinion Lescott is not good enough to be on a CL winning side. That is where I think we are going. The Lescott/Kompany combination looked good partly because Joe Hart was behind it and Nigel De Jong was in front of it.

I think he will play a big role this year and then spend a year as a back up and then will be gone.

BlueJill said:
Vienna_70 said:
Why do so many people think Lescott is not good enough for us?

Kolo will not be out half the season; he is eligible to play again in early September.

Kolo can train in September. He won't be match fit until Mid-October at the earliest. Then he is gone for all of February with the African Cup.

In my opinion Lescott is not good enough to be on a CL winning side. That is where I think we are going. The Lescott/Kompany combination looked good partly because Joe Hart was behind it and Nigel De Jong was in front of it.

I think he will play a big role this year and then spend a year as a back up and then will be gone.

I'm sure lescott will thank you for determining his future for him

im almost 100% sure a lot of you are stupid on here... why on earth would savic, boyata and coates!? start ahead of lescott? he has a strong partnership with kompany, he has experience and still has many years left... jus thinking boyata, savic or sum guy youve never seen or heard of b4 last week would step in ahead of him is just stupid

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.