Mancini

Status
Not open for further replies.
gordondaviesmoustache said:
TCIB said:
If there's ever been a more meaningless sentence in journalistic history I'm yet to read it.

So what you're actually saying is that no-one will tell you, you fucking tool.

'Sky sports understands...' must be in the top 5.
At least that's usually followed by some statement of substance, even if it's usually untrue.

That quote from the Guardian could have been adduced as a consequence of the following conversation with a club "source":

"Is Mancini going at the end of the season?"

"Get fucked you fucking wankstain and keep your fucking nose out if it."

with sources at Eastlands unable to confirm he will still be in place next season
Exactly. And when you've got this topic in place you can expect the dirty tricks campaign

Marvin said:
TCIB said:
'Sky sports understands...' must be in the top 5.
At least that's usually followed by some statement of substance, even if it's usually untrue.

That quote from the Guardian could have been adduced as a consequence of the following conversation with a club "source":

"Is Mancini going at the end of the season?"

"Get fucked you fucking wankstain and keep your fucking nose out if it."

with sources at Eastlands unable to confirm he will still be in place next season
Exactly. And when you've got this topic in place you can expect the dirty tricks campaign

So the bad press is cos of this thread on this forum?!
Haha. In that case it's goodnight from me...

Here's to 3 points tomorrow night

Anybody getting sick to death of hearing him complain about the transfers? Seems to be every other week he is going on about it. Would like to know what the players we signed feel about him constantly saying it.

McFcMiKe7 said:
Anybody getting sick to death of hearing him complain about the transfers? Seems to be every other week he is going on about it. Would like to know what the players we signed feel about him constantly saying it.

The cynics among us might suggest that he's less bothered about that and more bothered about trying to justify his own performance this season.

Personally, I wouldn't blame him for being second this season and nor do I think that there was disgrace in not coming through the group in the CL. I predicted both of these things back in August, and it seems to me that there are mitigating factors for both.

In the league, we have to recognise that United missed out only on goal difference last time, signed last season's top PL striker, and they've been relentless in terms of putting teams away. Their points haul is quite remarkable and we have to recognise that.

In the CL, we had an exceptionally difficult draw and the two teams who qualified from our group are now set to make the semis, unlike any of the English participants. That shows what a tough task we faced at the outset.

Moreover, we've suffered considerably more from injuries this time out, and we didn't improve the quality of our squad. So you won't find me saying we should have been topping the league, should have made it out of the group in the CL and that the manager deserves the sack purely because we didn't.

However, even having regard to last summer's transfer activity and the injuries we've had, my view is that we should be doing better than being 15 points off the pace in the league. I also believe that, tough group or not, we should be entitled to expect better than zero wins in the six CL matches, including a solitary point against an Ajax side that the two qualifiers beat comfortably twice.

So it sits ill with me that Roberto keeps complaining. Yes, maybe it offers an excuse for not matching last season's achievements, but last summer's transfer activity is long in the past and I'd prefer him to focus on getting the best from what he has than bleat about a die that was cast months ago.

Now, that doesn't necessarily mean that he should be fired. Nonetheless, I see it as perfectly legitimate for him to have to answer questions about it (among other things) in his end-of-season review in Abu Dhabi.

In any case, perceived underachievement this season is why there's speculation about his tenure, both on here and in the press. It's laughable and idiotic to suggest that press comment is fuelled by this thread.

I think this thread has grown to be more than just "I don't think Mancini can do it, but I pray he proves me wrong."

Keith Moon said:
The thing with Mancini's "to be or not to be" is that nobody in the british press has access to inside info from Taxi & Sori and much likely Taxi & Sori doesn't have a clue about Mancini's fait either because its all in the hands of the mighty Mansour.
Funny you should mention that
Steve bates the manchester based journo(twat of a rag too) on the supplement yesterday was saying not one interview has been given by them to any brittish newspaper
He was as good as saying everything being written was guesswork,or unfounded rumours

So it just must be a few posters on here that Begristan & soriano are in contact with :)

petrusha said:
McFcMiKe7 said:

The cynics among us might suggest that he's less bothered about that and more bothered about trying to justify his own performance this season.

Personally, I wouldn't blame him for being second this season and nor do I think that there was disgrace in not coming through the group in the CL. I predicted both of these things back in August, and it seems to me that there are mitigating factors for both.

In the league, we have to recognise that United missed out only on goal difference last time, signed last season's top PL striker, and they've been relentless in terms of putting teams away. Their points haul is quite remarkable and we have to recognise that.

In the CL, we had an exceptionally difficult draw and the two teams who qualified from our group are now set to make the semis, unlike any of the English participants. That shows what a tough task we faced at the outset.

Moreover, we've suffered considerably more from injuries this time out, and we didn't improve the quality of our squad. So you won't find me saying we should have been topping the league, should have made it out of the group in the CL and that the manager deserves the sack purely because we didn't.

However, even having regard to last summer's transfer activity and the injuries we've had, my view is that we should be doing better than being 15 points off the pace in the league. I also believe that, tough group or not, we should be entitled to expect better than zero wins in the six CL matches, including a solitary point against an Ajax side that the two qualifiers beat comfortably twice.

So it sits ill with me that Roberto keeps complaining. Yes, maybe it offers an excuse for not matching last season's achievements, but last summer's transfer activity is long in the past and I'd prefer him to focus on getting the best from what he has than bleat about a die that was cast months ago.

Now, that doesn't necessarily mean that he should be fired. Nonetheless, I see it as perfectly legitimate for him to have to answer questions about it (among other things) in his end-of-season review in Abu Dhabi.

In any case, perceived underachievement this season is why there's speculation about his tenure, both on here and in the press. It's laughable and idiotic to suggest that press comment is fuelled by this thread.
Mancini makes these excuses because he is constantly been asked to justify City's position...the press conferences

The story Radio 5 are running with this morning is that teams don't try as hard against Man Utd.....they are psychologically beaten before they start which is very true. A few teams roll over when they play City but it's something you benefit from more after sustained success.

I am not sure it matters - it provides ammo to his critics, but anyone with an ounce of common sense knows where he's coming from

benitez got hammered in the press when he went up against ferguson, and Wenger. It's part of the territory of going head to head with MUFC....a pity that some on our side want to pick holes in our own guy so much.

I agreed pretty much with all your comments about City's performance this season. Mancini has said repeatedly that the difference is goal scored, and their addition of RVP, and our sale of Mario and AJ plus injury to Aguero makes it.

You could if you wanted make a case for mancini allowing Mario to get disillusioned, to the point where he wanted out, but most observers think that he bent over backwards to keep him happy.

I've been holding off from writing on this thread, but Mancini is really beginning to piss me off with his whingeing.
During the first part of his reign, he was class personified; no complaints about anyone, a good use of what we thought were mind games, etc. But this season it's just been a complete whinge-fest about signings. The truth is, we spent a lot of money last summer on players who haven't improved the team for one reason or another. Still, at the end of the day, did he not have final say on whether those players were to be signed or not? He then refuses to play Sinclair - why agree to his transfer then?
And now he wants to go out and spend another fortune on strengthening the team.
If I were Mancini, I'd shut up whingeing and start concentrating on improving the squad through training and building a TEAM. It hurts to say, but that's exactly what Ferguson has done. How we all laughed when he bought Smalling, Jones, Cleverley, etc. However, he has them all playing as a team, ie, the sum is greater than the parts. We, on the other hand, sometimes still look like a team hastily thrown together for a lot of money.
I like Mancini, and have complete respect for what he's done for us, but I'm not sure if I trust him with much more of the board's money. I have no problem with second place this season, as I expected Utd to take it back this year, I just wish Mancini would act more like a football manager than a kid playing Football Manager.
That said, I hope we beat them 1-0 tonight, via a flukey, deflected injury-time goal (after they've had two disallowed, missed two penalties and we've inexplicably had a man sent off).

There are over 700 pages debating where the man who has lead is to a title an fa cup potentially another fa cup a charity shield and 2nd place in the league should be sacked. I bet some of you outers were Hughes inners didsbury dave certainly was, it amazes me then that there was nowhere near the amount of discussion about Hughes who won fuck all and couldn't even make top 4 despite spunking cash away. No a lot of you outers said give Hughes time so why not extend the courtesy to a guy who has made us champions and a team that top players want to play for.

DD was actually a big Les critic.

Few other Les fans never really seemed to take to Mancini though for some reason though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.