Mancinis lack of creative flair in the squad will cost us.

Leighton, until Given was dropped you were such a good, balanced poster. Now you only seem to post negative stuff. There are definitely issues with the 2nd string and tbh I'm a bit surprised we've only made one signing in Jan because to me we're still 2/3 away from having a complete squad.

The one thing you have to say though is the pitches in the two cup games have totally stifled our passing game and to ignore that is being a bit naive

cleavers said:
leighton said:
He has let a number of creative players go but hasnt replaced them. Look at the squad apart from Silva today we had no creative flair. Keep your tinted glasses on if you want. We have too many workman like midfielders and we lack a balance of flair to workman like players from the midfield.
Look at the players that played in the midfield Barry , Milner and Vieira they are hardly a creative force. Just ahead of them is Yaya who wasnt at it today. It says it all when Richards was our best attacking player during the game. Yet I have an agenda.

I like Mancini, but I'm in total agreement with this, its not just creative play either, some of these players don't understand the club, and are just here for the money, and in games like today it shows. It wasn't until Silva came on that we really started to make any space to play football, we passed it lots, but all square and backwards, never any penetration unless Richards provided it.

We should play our first team against lower league sides, and get them beat, an extra game was the last thing we needed, make changes once the game is won.

Barry and Milner were woeful, and I know Jo isn't good enough, but he was no worse than either of these two. Lescott wasn't great either. Others which I do like were off form Yaya, and Zaba will play far better. I thought Vieira did pretty well, but against this level he should. Dzeko went from good to bad to average, but he's new to the team, and I do like the look of him, so not going to criticise him.

My marks

Hart - 6
Zaba - 6
Boateng - 7
Lescott - 5
Richards - 8
Yaya - 6
Vieira - 7
Barry - 4
Milner - 4
Jo - 4
Dzeko - 6

Silva - 7
Kompany, and Kolorov not worth marking.

swap barrys mark with vieras and pretty mutch spot on!

jay_mcfc said:
Leighton, until Given was dropped you were such a good, balanced poster. Now you only seem to post negative stuff. There are definitely issues with the 2nd string and tbh I'm a bit surprised we've only made one signing in Jan because to me we're still 2/3 away from having a complete squad.

The one thing you have to say though is the pitches in the two cup games have totally stifled our passing game and to ignore that is being a bit naive

Jay it has nothing to do with Given being dropped. The standard at the club has risen in most areas of the pitch apart from some of the flair. You look down the wings apart from Johnson we have no winger who will attack a defender and put a ball into the box. Last season we had Bellers , AJ and SWP who all played some part.
Granted the pitch was shit but I would of guessed over the years that all the players have played on pitches like that. You adapt to the conditions and play. Its the same for both teams.

cleavers said:
Blaming the pitch is not right, we played our best football when our best passer came on. The big difference he makes is he passes and moves, whereas Milner passes and stays still, utterly hopeless against a team that closes you down.

Yes, the state of the pitch helps.

Lots of under weighted, mistimed passes happened because of a muddy uneven pitch in a fairly poor condition.

It's also fair to say both teams had to endure it, but only ONE is used to it, week in, week out.

jay_mcfc said:

The pitch WAS dire, a good cup tie for the armchair critics, onwards now, could do without the extra games tho!

Lack of creative flair ? Yaya toure and Barry can both provide creativity when needed , especially yaya . We have david silva who didn't start today as I presume he isn't fully fit yet and he is being saved for the next two games . David silva and carlos tevez are our creative flair and both have fantastic eyes for a pass and can create something from nothing. Do we need a ball playing midfield player , maybe , Schweinsteiger would be an excellent player but I think we still have a very good midfield as it is . I don't criticise mancini for anything today , he picked a team that should of done the job . The only criticism I do hold is the fact that he picked jo , who I have run out of negative things to say about him.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.