Mancini's selection and tactics

citymad said:
Jim Tolmie's Underpants said:
Got to agree. Shit tactics once again from Mancini. He doesn't seem to learn.

So what would you have done differently? Bet you say kolorov instead if clichy.

He didn't have many options but I think the point is had he bought certain types of players said options would exist. For example he had Barry, Milner, Rodwell, and Garcia today. Discounting that Garcia had to play in defence, there are four midfielders who offer very little in the form of variety. We're predictable and teams relish the "City under lights, 10 behind the ball knowing exactly how City will approach the game" matches which every season now result in dropped points against inferior teams. These are the games we need to win constantly that allow us to drop points against the likes of Chelsea and United without falling too far behind.

zeven said:
What could he have done? Dezko in for Nasri, right decision. Rodwell for Milner, also the right decision.

With Kompany,Nasty,Toure out and Mario sold, there are not many left

Probably should've taken Tevez off for Dzeko instead.

Train said:
Blue Haze said:
Bumped because Mancini's stubbornness over tactics/personnel hurts us again today

No width... again. Sinclair and even Nasri were beating defenders out wide when they were committed to it. The wheels came off today when Nasri was subbed off, we lost all shape and had 3-4 of our players jammed up in the middle against 10 of their defenders. Comically Dzeko was successfully playing out wide; our 6'3" striker had more success as a winger than his natural position.

The game was crying out for a Pirlo type to pass to natural wingers and widen them out. 10 defenders clustered tightly stops us too consistently. An Inter fan put it perfectly: a Mancini midfield is an ugly thing. Milner kept trying to spray the ball to the wings only for it to sail into the seats, Barry didn't even bother.

These tactics against us have become a blueprint since the start of last year. The result would have been the same at Stoke had the ball not bounced off of Dzeko near the end. Sunderland and Everton use it consistently, Arry got success today with a club last in the table, even the rags used it and broke our home unbeaten record. Sit in banks of defenders, play with pace on the counter, that's it. Thank fuck Joe was on his toes, we could have dropped all 3.

It must change, or I think Txiki will change it in a way Mancini won't like.

Pretty much,Bull Shit
I edited it for you

MSP said:
Rodwell for Tevez was classic one..

Not that he did have much of choice tbh but only him can pull one like that. Maestro :)

Why not keep Tevez till the end ?

He is more able to create chances for Dzeko or Aguero than Rodwell.

Train said:
zeven said:
What could he have done? Dezko in for Nasri, right decision. Rodwell for Milner, also the right decision.

With Kompany,Nasty,Toure out and Mario sold, there are not many left

Dzeko should have started in first place. By a mile the most in form striker we have currently.

United always seem to come out of the traps and bag a quick goal which negates the opposition parking the bus. Either teams have to then come out and attack them and leave gaps or sit back and accept damage limitation. I'd love to see us striving more from the off raising the speed and movement of our attacks and trying to force the early goal. Usually whenever this happens (last season most often) we ended up battering teams off the park.

Tevez City said:
MSP said:
Rodwell for Tevez was classic one..

Not that he did have much of choice tbh but only him can pull one like that. Maestro :)

Why not keep Tevez till the end ?

He is more able to create chances for Dzeko or Aguero than Rodwell.

I think he takes up the space that's afforded to Aguero and Silva and too often he takes too many touches.<br /><br />-- Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:45 pm --<br /><br />
MSP said:
Train said:

Dzeko should have started in first place. By a mile the most in form striker we have currently.

Can't disagree with that.

MSP said:
Blue2112 said:
United always seem to come out of the traps and bag a quick goal which negates the opposition parking the bus.

They were behind in more games than they had games where they scored first this season.

Probably because they attack attack and attack and leave gaps ;-)

But they're attacking philosophy like us last season overpowers teams.

This season we've kept it very tight at the back and it's possibly cost us going forward. I suspect getting the happy medium is what we're all striving for.

We are totally one dimensional when the opposition put 10 men behind the ball. Not playing Dzeko under those circumstances is beyond me. We need his height to give us crossing options. We also need to shoot more frequently from long range. I thought we had changed things since Sunderland but no. Back to slow, slow, slow, slow mess up again tonight.

Tevez shouldn't see more than the last 20 mins until he starts scoring - because he's totally lost his mojo.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.