Mancini's selection and tactics

citymad said:
Jim Tolmie's Underpants said:
Got to agree. Shit tactics once again from Mancini. He doesn't seem to learn.

So what would you have done differently? Bet you say kolorov instead if clichy.

First, Nasri needed to stay on. He was the only wide player keeping our shape and it went to shit until Silva shifted wide. Sinclair needs to be involved earlier so that Dzeko isn't playing as a winger.

Today was really a case of not having the personnel due to poor tactics. Even Barcelona don't attempt to jam their strikers through 10 defenders, hence why they buy wingers.

Dzeko not starting was utter mistake.. he might look clumsy as much as he wants but we're different team with options he gives us. ANd he is absolutely most in form striker. Tevez and Aguero are so not effective these days it's untrue. I can't recognize Kun and got used with Tevez being such this season.

One of my friends has told me he heard that Mansour's Yacht is busy these days because he is willing to make a major changes for the team next season starting with Mancini.

He told me it could be rumors, but he trust the guy who passed the info.

The one thing that really disapoints me with Mancinis tactics is that tonight wasn't the first, second, third or probably even the tenth time we've come up against teams that just park the bus. So considering it's not a new scenario to us and that it really wasn't a complete surprise as a tactical formation used against us i'm left scratching my head wondering why we still haven't found an answer to combat it and why we struggled for 90 minutes looking less and less likely to find the answer the more the game went on.

We do have a backup plan, we used it v Spuds to great effect and changed the game completely.

Unfortunately the key players we need for it are injured!

I think we should have brought Sinclair on earlier though, he at least had a go at Onouha and could have won a penalty. Wingers need game time to gain confidence which is what they need.

Don't see why Mancini is getting shit Suarez and Gerard apart can't think of any others I would want

It's down to the players and their attitude summed up perfectly by Dzeko and their first

Yes it was a free kick but he sat their and only got off their arse when they scored and them kicked off at the ref

Liverpool played well sturridge was outstanding

Needs some major re work in the summer

Attitude and commitment and desire over a whole game stinks

Fullbacks were good subs imo, we were chasing results, players people would like to see would not retain midfield we lost from 1st minute. They were attacking and he tried to hit them on counters with fullbacks feeding Dzeko in middle.

Nothing bad in those subs today imo. Maicon almost did it twice.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.