Mancini's selection and tactics

grim up north said:
nevilletogoater-in said:
rastus said:

Ok then. He switched to 3 at the back whilst we were 2-1 down and then took Nastasic off for Kolarov then took Silva off for Maicon and then took Barry off for Nasri to go where Silva was. What's the point!

But don't worry, it's a great point!!

Silva was dire today. But let's just keep throwing forwards on it always works

So we revert to the oh so fantastic 3-5-2 that's served us so well in the past. Mancini doesn't trust 2 left footers at centre half 9at QPR, great point) but plays them there today (another great point).

Don't worry lads/lasses we're we're only 9 points behind, playing shite and still got to go to Spurs & United. We'll piss this league.

Fuck off Mancini!!

I have been racking my brain all day to try and remember when we've ever gotten a win against a team that played possession football with pace. Anyone playing remotely Continental football just thrashes us, and its not just one hell of a coincidence that our players can't cope on these particular days.

Gives me loads of hope for the CL next year. No wait, that's not right...

Dethred said:
I have been racking my brain all day to try and remember when we've ever gotten a win against a team that played possession football with pace. Anyone playing remotely Continental football just thrashes us, and its not just one hell of a coincidence that our players can't cope on these particular days.

Reminds me of a chapter in Inverting the Pyramid, the argies developed a slow passing possession style in isolation from European football, eventually they had to play teams who played at a higher team at NT level they, were ripped to shreds and thoroughly shellshocked. Mancini once said that there will be no more evolution of the game, do you see a link here he has decided to copy the Argies' style of play from many decades ago.

Dethred said:

Great post

nevilletogoater-in said:
grim up north said:
nevilletogoater-in said:
Ok then. He switched to 3 at the back whilst we were 2-1 down and then took Nastasic off for Kolarov then took Silva off for Maicon and then took Barry off for Nasri to go where Silva was. What's the point!

But don't worry, it's a great point!!

Silva was dire today. But let's just keep throwing forwards on it always works

So we revert to the oh so fantastic 3-5-2 that's served us so well in the past. Mancini doesn't trust 2 left footers at centre half 9at QPR, great point) but plays them there today (another great point).

Don't worry lads/lasses we're we're only 9 points behind, playing shite and still got to go to Spurs & United. We'll piss this league.

Fuck off Mancini!!

Last time Nastasic and Lescot played together was in that game....and I mean that game, and unless you were there you can't comprehend how poor City were that night. Mancini is clueless, I for one hope that we can salvage something from this season despite him, but 4 more years of this clown well it can't happen, tactically he doesn't know what he's doing!! City Until I Die!!

Dethred said:

Get this man a pint.

Dethred said:

+1

Dethred said:

The Southampton game will be a test of Mancini's tactics again because Pochettino has got them pressing high up the pitch and playing good fast football. Remember Swansea away last season? We really struggled there and lost, I have a feeling we could struggle similarly against Southampton (and Swansea when we play them). Mancini has to drop his stubborn streak and build a more mobile and energetic outfit, this zombie version of Barcelona has it's limits as we're seeing this season.

Said it before, I believe counter-attacking the way to go. Possession football is not reliable enough to break down defences. It's also what the Rags have been employing for years. We (nearly) tore Madrid apart through counter-attack, albeit most of what came from Yaya.

Too much people, too much brains racking themselves to come up with ways to defeat or choke Barca, that why the solution arises, it's so convenient to place the same thing against us.

We need a new form of attack. Easier said than done, but I would really hope to see our team reliable more on counter-attacks. We already have the defensive base, what's to say we can't do it better than the Rags? Or Napoli? Or Madrid?

Akira said:
Said it before, I believe counter-attacking the way to go. Possession football is not reliable enough to break down defences. It's also what the Rags have been employing for years. We (nearly) tore Madrid apart through counter-attack, albeit most of what came from Yaya.

Too much people, too much brains racking themselves to come up with ways to defeat or choke Barca, that why the solution arises, it's so convenient to place the same thing against us.

We need a new form of attack. Easier said than done, but I would really hope to see our team reliable more on counter-attacks. We already have the defensive base, what's to say we can't do it better than the Rags? Or Napoli? Or Madrid?

Be fun watching a game say against Reading at the Etihad if we set up to counter attack. We have to wait about 75 minutes for them to come over the half way line.:-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.