Mancini's Tactics

dctid said:
Nelly's Left Foot said:
It's not fitness and it's not all down to the players we have available.It's the players and how they are asked to play plus the opposition who ,when they see we are a bit limited in who actually attacks, work out how to stop it happeneing.

I dont and have never agreed to playing both DJ and Barry together - both do very similar jobs - we should only need to play with a single holding midfield player and an attacking midfield player / box to box type. BUT Ireland has not exactly played out of his skin this season and we have very little alternatives. Essentially we have 4 central midfield players available Ireland - DJ - Barry - Veira and if Ireland aint at it then we have very little creativity.

They can all play a more positive attacking game if that's what the manager asked from them. But he doesn't.

Mancio said:
dctid said:
Not all Mamcini to blame - we started this game at a good tempo (as we have done the last few games) playing reasonably good possession football - the issue seems to be we cant keep it going - i cant see Mancini's team talk being "work your bollocks of for 15 minutes then after that play like a bunch of twats.

Some of this has to be blamed on the players

We desperatly need a better right back than Zab
We desperately need an alternative to Ireland
We desperatly need to play either DJ or Barry with Veira
We desperatly need to play at a higher tempo for the full game

we desperately need better fitness, the players seem tired, slow, and lose all the contrasts and airballs

Hughes might have been a useless tit but he certainly had the players fitness at a high standard.

Nelly's Left Foot said:
dctid said:
I dont and have never agreed to playing both DJ and Barry together - both do very similar jobs - we should only need to play with a single holding midfield player and an attacking midfield player / box to box type. BUT Ireland has not exactly played out of his skin this season and we have very little alternatives. Essentially we have 4 central midfield players available Ireland - DJ - Barry - Veira and if Ireland aint at it then we have very little creativity.

They can all play a more positive attacking game if that's what the manager asked from them. But he doesn't.

please , try to ask yourself WHY he doesn't

PBLZ129 said:
Mancio said:
we desperately need better fitness, the players seem tired, slow, and lose all the contrasts and airballs

Hughes might have been a useless tit but he certainly had the players fitness at a high standard.

My own fear is that Hughes has wronged the physical preparation, anticipating it too, so you could explain the victories of the season's beginning and then the decrease, the draws and the current lack of fitness

Nelly's Left Foot said:
dctid said:

Bollocks

Ireland had the freedom today to attack and carry the ball as much as he wanted - quite simply it did not happen for him - DJ aint and never will be an attacking midfield player - Barry is more of a box to box player and did get forward.

Ask yourself this why did we start so well and then drop off - fook all to do woth Mancini more the players attitude.

Mancio said:
Nelly's Left Foot said:

Oh I am fully aware that is not their strength with the possible exception of Barry who I have seen in attacking mode many times successfully. BUT if Mancini wanted to play a more aggressive attacking role he could make it happen. Picking the players whose strength is holding central midfield and making sure they play to that strength sends a clear message to the team and the opposition.

It might be temporary and I hope it is but if we maintain this approach and the poor performances ( a la the last 6 of Everton,Pompey,Hull,Stoke,Scum and Bolton) we will have some problems.

please , try to ask yourself WHY he doesn't

Im not one of those fans who thinks citys shite afta 1 poor performance, and to sack mancini only afta a month of being in charge!
But im just sayin that todays tactics were crap. He's trying to play italian football (defensive) in England, when we dont play like that over here.

i love the glazers said:
Im not one of those fans who thinks citys shite afta 1 poor performance, and to sack mancini only afta a month of being in charge!
But im just sayin that todays tactics were crap. He's trying to play italian football (defensive) in England, when we dont play like that over here.

chelsea 2 - 0 arsenal

arsenal 73% ball possession

fact

when we signed mancini back in december, my italian mate text me with a simple message: -

"LOL! Mancini is too one dimensional"

now i had my concerns at that point, but dismissed them to one side (1) to give mancini time & (2) my mate is a milan fan so i sort of took it as sour grapes

The jury is still out for me, but i cant get that fuckin text message out of my head. Hope to fuck this doesn't bite us on the arse

shadygiz said:
when we signed mancini back in december, my italian mate text me with a simple message: -

"LOL! Mancini is too one dimensional"

now i had my concerns at that point, but dismissed them to one side (1) to give mancini time & (2) my mate is a milan fan so i sort of took it as sour grapes

The jury is still out for me, but i cant get that fuckin text message out of my head. Hope to fuck this doesn't bite us on the arse

help yourself , send an sms to your friend asking him what he think about his former manager ancelotti ;)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.