Mancini's Way...

A A

Anonymous

Mancini's way....pragmatic, efficient, very Italian....I'm wondering if people would take success if it meant learning to love these ground out, dour wins...?

BillyShears said:
Mancini's way....pragmatic, efficient, very Italian....I'm wondering if people would take success if it meant learning to love these ground out, dour wins...?

I dont think you can get success playing this way in the Prem, Sven tried it and it worked for half a season until teams got wise to us. The same will happen with Mancini, he will have to change his style if he wants success in this league!

BillyShears said:

As i see City fans that i know, we will not EVER accept boring football, and dour ground out wins at home to the likes of notlob = defeats home and away to the better sides in this league.
If we are to line up with SEVEN defensive minded players AT HOME TO FCUKIN NOTLOB, how many defenders will he play when we go to a proper football club?

OrigamiNinja said:
BillyShears said:

I dont think you can get success playing this way in the Prem, Sven tried it and it worked for half a season until teams got wise to us. The same will happen with Mancini, he will have to change his style if he wants success in this league!

I think we're going to see a team that evolves the way in which the Liverpool team has under Benitez. Much will depend on how good the players are that Mancini brings in, because he certainly doesn't have the players to play the way he wants to at the moment.

I'm going to get hounded for saying this, but long term I don't see De Jong OR Barry being anything more than squad players. I don't see the point in either of them. Their collective presence and ability just doesn't cut it for me.

BillyShears said:
OrigamiNinja said:

I think we're going to see a team that evolves the way in which the Liverpool team has under Benitez. Much will depend on how good the players are that Mancini brings in, because he certainly doesn't have the players to play the way he wants to at the moment.

I'm going to get hounded for saying this, but long term I don't see De Jong OR Barry being anything more than squad players. I don't see the point in either of them. Their collective presence and ability just doesn't cut it for me.

I never though this would happen at this stage of any debate. But fuck me if I don't agree 100% with BillyShears.

BillyShears said:

Won't bring success though if we keep being battered away from home.

BillyShears said:
OrigamiNinja said:

Was thinking the exact same thing........worrying!

I sat through an extremely dire game against Portsmouth last week, but to be honest, the experience depressed me despite the win. I'll grin and bear it though as long as we keep winning. I would no longer describe myself as a Mancini fan though, and I no longer find that scarf charming. It now irritates me.

law74 said:
BillyShears said:

As i see City fans that i know, we will not EVER accept boring football, and dour ground out wins at home to the likes of notlob = defeats home and away to the better sides in this league.
If we are to line up with SEVEN defensive minded players AT HOME TO FCUKIN NOTLOB, how many defenders will he play when we go to a proper football club?

You have to see this as a work in progress. Mancini is building a squad that is well organised and can change shape mid game if necessary, but with people still knowing their job. It's early days and a few more players with all round awareness are needed. But the signs are good. Very good.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.