Mancini's Way...

BillyShears said:
Mancini's way....pragmatic, efficient, very Italian....I'm wondering if people would take success if it meant learning to love these ground out, dour wins...?

this is not mancini way

this is mancini , mourinho , capello , ancellotti , hiddink way when they manage a poor team and should try to make top 4

mackenzie said:
BillyShears said:
It would be no different under Mourinho. He would be as pragmatic. The rest of this season is about one thing alone...results. Finishing in the top 4 is going to open a door for the owners.

We can worry about the pretty side of the game once we've mastered the ugly...

People want Mourinho because they know he can win things. However, they forget how he went about it at Chelsea.

Sometimes, getting both results and "entertainment" are separate when you are building.

When we start winning things nobody will give a bugger.

My sentiments exactly Sharon. My gut feeling is that Mancini has it in him to mix it with the big boys and to build a winning team. He certainly did just that at Inter. They were efficient, but they also played some very good football and had some very creative players in their ranks...

Mancio said:
BillyShears said:
Mancini's way....pragmatic, efficient, very Italian....I'm wondering if people would take success if it meant learning to love these ground out, dour wins...?

this is not mancini way

this is mancini , mourinho , capello , ancellotti , hiddink way when they manage a poor team and should try to make top 4

we're not a poor team though.....these players have beaten arsenal and given manyoo a run for their money at old trafford....they are very capable players who are being played out of position or in unfamilar styles which is cramping/restricting their natural gameplay

micro-management should be left in the board room

Mancio said:
BillyShears said:

this is not mancini way

Nonsense. If he is a quality manager he should have recognised by now that one area we have quality is on the flanks and used it accordingly. If he has one set way of playing and that doesn't include our wingers he's just as bad, if not worse, than Mark Hughes.

We are NOT a 'poor team' thanks very much.

m27 said:
Mancio said:
this is not mancini way

Nonsense. If he is a quality manager he should have recognised by now that one area we have quality is on the flanks and used it accordingly. If he has one set way of playing and that doesn't include our wingers he's just as bad, if not worse, than Mark Hughes.

We are NOT a 'poor team' thanks very much.

playing with 2 wings this team makes 3 goals and take 3 , this is recent history

It is the Italian way.

Didnt go tonight so did not have the frustration as those that went cold feet etc.

On telly Big Sam was doing the studio comments for Sky and I personallly took it as a massive compliment when he said we look more solid under Mancini (you have to realise that he truly hates us)

It is a winning type of football but not attractive I give you that. There are loads on here who long for that creative player ala Elano/Robinho. I ask you one question who is that creative spark in the centre of midfield for Chelsea or United?

You dont need a creative player to win trophies, you need a solid midfield with strength both physically and mentally. As yet we do not have the quality of player that Mancini wants (he wanted Mariga remember). Vieira is the best he could get in the window. If we do qualify for Champs League expect to see another 2 players in the Essien mould. It will not be atrractive but it will make us even more competitive and able to cope better with the physical teams.

I would love to be entertained every game but that doesnt always win you trophies (ask any Arsenal fan) the exception to this is obviously Barcelona but La Liga is a lot less physical than the Premier League. It would be interesting to see Barca v Stoke/Bolton/Hull et al.

masterwig said:
BillyShears said:

Won't bring success though if we keep being battered away from home.

Exactly. If we start winning away I'll be happier. But with the attacking flair we have we can do better than dour wins and shite performances.

shadygiz said:
mammutly said:
You have to see this as a work in progress. Mancini is building a squad that is well organised and can change shape mid game if necessary, but with people still knowing their job. It's early days and a few more players with all round awareness are needed. But the signs are good. Very good.

the signs are not good though.......4 shots on target all night at home....that had to be one of the worse games entertainmant wise i have seen since SP

yes, we won, but at what cost to the entertainment value....i dont just pay to see us win...i pay to be entertained at the same time

Your talking my language mate.I think of football as an entertainment;which is the main reason I dont want Mourinho at City.

With Citys resources it shouldnt be unreasonable to aim for winning and watchable football.

Didsbury Dave said:
masterwig said:
Won't bring success though if we keep being battered away from home.

Exactly. If we start winning away I'll be happier. But with the attacking flair we have we can do better than dour wins and shite performances.

Winning ugly is a necessity now and again. Let's set up like we did tonight at Stoke and Chelsea, I've no problem with that.

At home to Bolton though? Like you say Dave, we can do better, much much better.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.