Mancini's Way...

burntnorton said:
Maybe it's me but I still think there are a lot of flaws in this squad. For me, Barry, Bridge, Toure and Given aren't first choice top four quality players right now. Toure and Bridge have the pedigree of having done it before, but both look well past their best. I still think we spent a lot of money on a squad that should be favorites to finish fifth, and nothing more.

I have to admit I thought MH was a poor coach but at least he had bought well, on paper.

However I think that there are players who would struggle to play for Arsenal, Chelsea etc

Bridge, SWP, Zab, Toure (used to be better), Barry(good but slow). This is not slagging them off because I think they are better than most players who have not graced Maine Road over the last twenty years. It is just a realistic appraisal of where we are at.

We do have some excellent players. Ade, Tevez, de Jong, Kompany and it looks like Johnson too. So cut Mancini a bit of slack. He has got us organized and we have won 8 out of eleven games. No draws significantly.

BillyShears said:
Mancini's way....pragmatic, efficient, very Italian....I'm wondering if people would take success if it meant learning to love these ground out, dour wins...?

Ask an Arseanl fan whether they minded being boring as they won the league at last?

Balti said:
BillyShears said:
Mancini's way....pragmatic, efficient, very Italian....I'm wondering if people would take success if it meant learning to love these ground out, dour wins...?

Ask an Arseanl fan whether they minded being boring as they won the league at last?
You seriously think we will win the league with the tactics we are using,i along with the 42,000 at the game last night want us to win more than anyone who doesn't go but those tactics will NOT pay off game after game.
I fully expect & hope that we don't need it proving before he changes things.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.