Mancini's Way...

It sounds boring when I write it but the fact is we have to give the manager time. I wish we had with Hughes but now we have Mancini we have to back him.

BillyShears said:
BobKowalski said:
Not a bad shout. How much of this is short term expediency or long term aim on Mancini's part we can only surmise but I suspect it is more expediency then anything else.

Course it is....Inter were very easy on the eye, and played a very fluid attacking game under Mancini...I think we'll see this team get better and stronger as the season progresses as long as Mancini can control the dressing shit stirrers...

Petrov's the obvious one of course, but who else have you in mind Billy? SWP?

m27 said:
BillyShears said:
Course it is....Inter were very easy on the eye, and played a very fluid attacking game under Mancini...I think we'll see this team get better and stronger as the season progresses as long as Mancini can control the dressing shit stirrers...

I'm not here to name any names...but I'm a little fucking tired of footballers who are paid shitloads to represent the club, not being able to muster a committed challenge, or adhere to the manager's instructions, or manage to remove their fucking bottom lip from the floor, because SHOCK HORROR, they've been dropped...

Professionals? My arse...

BillyShears said:
m27 said:

I'm not here to name any names...but I'm a little fucking tired of footballers who are paid shitloads to represent the club, not being able to muster a committed challenge, or adhere to the manager's instructions, or manage to remove their fucking bottom lip from the floor, because SHOCK HORROR, they've been dropped...

I have to be honest mate, I'm glad I don't know of any of our players and don't have any real contacts in the dressing room, the stories I'd hear would drive me fucking mad.

Didsbury Dave said:
I'd say SWP, Petrov, Onouha, maybe Ireland.

The ones who are being passed over.

can't see Ned being a shit stirrer, maybe pissed off but not a problem player.

with you on the other 3 though.

The point isn't really about particular players - although it may seem like that. It's the prevailing attitude that players aren't prepared to compete for their positions...

At top clubs, players understand and accept that they may not get picked week in and week out, which means that when they're on the pitch, and when they're in training, they've gotta give the manager tough decisions to make by playing as well as they possibly can do...

My honest opinion is that not just the players who aren't being picked, but even those who maybe aren't "up for" the new manager's ways, but do get picked regularly, seem to have dropped their efforts by 25%...

Players should run through brick walls, and play out of their skins, not because they love the manager, or the tactics, but because it's their fucking job and they get paid very very well to do it...idealistic? Yeah, well, you have to start somewhere...

BillyShears said:
m27 said:

I follow the egg chasers great nowhere to hide players interact with the fans but city is my team and go to the big games if I am allowed the grace to buy a ticket.
these wankers play for 50 60 or 150 grand a week on pink wheels for the 4X4 and piss themselves at people on here that disect everything and waste the spare cash on 30 40 quid tickets to watch tossers rolling around the floor.
The above post is the best I have seen in ages pompey will go soon and they wont be the last then eventually all the tossers badge kissing will fuck off to whereever the money is. The rags fans that watch FC united have got it right I would love city to start a real local team from the moss side area and we all start going to 1/ stand up 2 have a few pints with no hassle 3/ not think that wanker has played shit and is on 160 grand a week i am paying for.

My oh my we're a fickle bunch, aren't we? Saying Mancini is the wrong man after six weeks?

Maybe it's me but I still think there are a lot of flaws in this squad. For me, Barry, Bridge, Toure and Given aren't first choice top four quality players right now. Toure and Bridge have the pedigree of having done it before, but both look well past their best. I still think we spent a lot of money on a squad that should be favorites to finish fifth, and nothing more.

We're not playing well and we're winning. We didn't do that under Hughes, we played poorly and drew. Insert "sign of a good team" cliche here.

Under Hughes we played very attacking football but lost midfield in nearly every other game, even Burnley totally dominated midfield for large parts of the game at eastlands. If you loose mid field you will invite the opposition onto you and concede goals especially later in the game.

Mancini has obviously spotted this and is trying to strengthen that area with the players he has got, my friend is Italian and the Inter fans are not to happy with the football they are playing now, under Mancini they were a lot more attacking.

If the manager is given time I think he will make us into an attacking fluid team but he has to stop us leaking goals first

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.