Mancio Post Poznan

Whilst it would seem a few on here would benefit from a Physiologist I can't imagine anybody paying for your services K. Reeves Right Foot

The fact is we are incapable of sticking 90 solid mins together. Last night was , make no mistake about it , a POOR performance . We flatter to deceive for 20 mins each half then capitulate OR is it that we reach such a level early on and fail to maintain it? To me it looks like the former - we switch off , think the job´s done and can´t be arsed. The midfield last night was as dysfunctional a line up as I can remember . Unbalanced and pedestrian - surely one of Pat or Zab was enough NOT BOTH!! Second half our workrate dropped after the goal and we couldn´t string any type of possession together. Even Silva´s touch let him down and we never had an out ball or a player with enough movement and vision to hit on the counter. We were losing every 50/50 ball which for PL players is an alien concept and frankly inexcusable
Who is to blame? What do we do? I´m going to reserve judgement till at least 10pm plus Fergie time on Wed. but I do not like what I´m seeing atm and it´s quite disconcerting. Perhaps a peice of outrageous fortune may just turn this mother round - we´ll see

Chick Counterfly said:
I've always considered his single-mindedness to be his greatest strength.

It is possible it's faltering but I just don't see it in that interview.

Neither did the sections of the press, who said he remained defiant post match.

He starts with a relaxed smile, bumbles along, but 'Keep going' was the right way to end. 'Everything is against us' is a theme and something they will use behind the scenes. Ditto the 'Nationalistic Press' comments earlier in the day; Mourinho did something similair at Inter last year, saying the Italian press hated them because they were foreign; galvanising and unifying the 'foreign' players.

I do, however, agree about the Wolves selection; I would extend that back to the extremely attacking start we made against Arsenal. I assumed we would never ever lose any game, let alone a home game 3-0 under him. So I did question his resolve to stick to his principles. But we're talking about a period that extends less than two weeks; you can't really say someone has lost the plot in two weeks. Or rather, everyone loses the plot for a few days now and then, it's when it happens, and how long it lasts, that counts.

What you don't want to do is lose the plot at the crucial time; like Hughes did, twice...Arsenal-Hamburg-Fulham-Hamburg, playing VK, in a hopeless league game, aggravating his ongoing injury days before the game of the season, THAT is evidence of losing the plot, ditto Sylvinho v Lennon. Playing one experimental line up at Wolves doesn't really count, and I think the Boyata v Lescott choice was made genuinely difficult by Lescott's previous three outings. There's clearly no room for error against Utd, but we're talking about what might be about to happen, rather than what is definitely already happening.

Last night's team wasn't 'wrong' as such, they didn't play well, but surely enough for a draw nine times out of ten, before throwing it away in the final minutes.

The Kompany sub made sense, although people won't want to hear that he kept the ball in our half, and prevented them from shooting from outside the box, right until he gave the ball away and teed up the shot for the third.

Milner off was perhaps because he wants him to play 180 + minutes next week, and he actually went 4-4-2 with Zab on the right to help prevent exactly the sort of cross that cost the 'Boyata' goal.

So I honestly think the worse you can say about that interview is that for a moment, he appears a bit down on his luck. He smiles wryly when the 'strangeness' of the goals is mentioned. He does need to snap out of it by the time he gets on the training pitch, but it's a glimmer of humanity, not conclusive evidence of some ongoing melt-down.

Maybe my view is different because I don't read the headlines!

Spot. On.

On Sunday we'll really see what this team's got... Last night was always going to be tough because of the changes that had to be made and the fact that Lech were always going to be right up for it. But we were hardly hammered by them and really did deserve a point. But scorelines don't lie, do they?

But it's obvious that we're at a pivotal point in Mancini's reign... And he knows that as well as we do.

The good thing about West Brom and utd is that their style possibly suits ours more than say Wolves or Arsenal with 10 men. I certainly hope so anyway.

I just wish Kolarov and Boateng were more up to speed as we need them for it all to click. I expect Tevez, Balotelli and Silva to start on Sunday though, so we've got to have a decent chance of shutting people up. We'll also start as outsiders which again plays into our hands.

It's certainly time for us and Mancini to worry. But panic? Not just yet.

m27 said:
Kirkstall Blue said:
Have to say the Wolves post match interview was far more telling then last night which makes me think his job does not rely on the cup competitions, only the points target set for the top4. It explains why he put out a second string and kept Vieira on, taking Milner off and saving him for the next two games.

He might think that's the case because the Mission Statement states "Top 4 Finish" but in reality, failure in the cup competitions will lead to his downfall as well.

It's in his interest because a cup, any fucking cup, might save him come what may.
We're trying to guess what's in his contract, I'm thinking it's about a Champions league place rather than cups. I don't think a cup saves him just as the semi-final of the league cup didn't save Hughes. Three weeks before Hughes was sacked I heard Bowen state they were a couple of points short of there tally. I'm just guessing that Mancini was a couple short after the Wolves game hence he looked gutted, now that could be his own personal points total or the boards.

Any cup would do for us we don't care, but just as a guess everything hangs on the West Brom game and a champions league place.

Kirkstall Blue said:
m27 said:
He might think that's the case because the Mission Statement states "Top 4 Finish" but in reality, failure in the cup competitions will lead to his downfall as well.

It's in his interest because a cup, any fucking cup, might save him come what may.
We're trying to guess what's in his contract, I'm thinking it's about a Champions league place rather than cups. I don't think a cup saves him just as the semi-final of the league cup didn't save Hughes. Three weeks before Hughes was sacked I heard Bowen state they were a couple of points short of there tally. I'm just guessing that Mancini was a couple short after the Wolves game hence he looked gutted, now that could be his own personal points total or the boards.

Any cup would do for us we don't care, but just as a guess everything hangs on the West Brom game.

Exactly, sir. RM prefaces his various explanations with 'We are still fourth'. It's quite a strange irony that we'd all love a cup but that doesn't seem to be the current remit for the manager. I strongly suspect that we won't fare much better in the FA Cup although the biggest positive for me last night was the European experience that some of the lads got.

I think that the last couple of weeks have been quite a steep learning curve for one and all. However, I am not going to enter into a debate about 'How long has Mancini got' because I cannot even begin to entertain the concept that the next two games will be lost.

Chick Counterfly said:

He starts with a relaxed smile, bumbles along, but 'Keep going' was the right way to end. 'Everything is against us' is a theme and something they will use behind the scenes. Ditto the 'Nationalistic Press' comments earlier in the day; Mourinho did something similair at Inter last year, saying the Italian press hated them because they were foreign; galvanising and unifying the 'foreign' players.

I do, however, agree about the Wolves selection; I would extend that back to the extremely attacking start we made against Arsenal. I assumed we would never ever lose any game, let alone a home game 3-0 under him. So I did question his resolve to stick to his principles. But we're talking about a period that extends less than two weeks; you can't really say someone has lost the plot in two weeks. Or rather, everyone loses the plot for a few days now and then, it's when it happens, and how long it lasts, that counts.

What you don't want to do is lose the plot at the crucial time; like Hughes did, twice...Arsenal-Hamburg-Fulham-Hamburg, playing VK, in a hopeless league game, aggravating his ongoing injury days before the game of the season, THAT is evidence of losing the plot, ditto Sylvinho v Lennon. Playing one experimental line up at Wolves doesn't really count, and I think the Boyata v Lescott choice was made genuinely difficult by Lescott's previous three outings. There's clearly no room for error against Utd, but we're talking about what might be about to happen, rather than what is definitely already happening.

Last night's team wasn't 'wrong' as such, they didn't play well, but surely enough for a draw nine times out of ten, before throwing it away in the final minutes.

The Kompany sub made sense, although people won't want to hear that he kept the ball in our half, and prevented them from shooting from outside the box, right until he gave the ball away and teed up the shot for the third.

Milner off was perhaps because he wants him to play 180 + minutes next week, and he actually went 4-4-2 with Zab on the right to help prevent exactly the sort of cross that cost the 'Boyata' goal.

So I honestly think the worse you can say about that interview is that for a moment, he appears a bit down on his luck. He smiles wryly when the 'strangeness' of the goals is mentioned. He does need to snap out of it by the time he gets on the training pitch, but it's a glimmer of humanity, not conclusive evidence of some ongoing melt-down.

That's a cracking post mate.

bluejase said:
Chick Counterfly said:

That's a cracking post mate.

is he saying you're on crack CC?

Blues Brother said:
Whilst it would seem a few on here would benefit from a Physiologist I can't imagine anybody paying for your services K. Reeves Right Foot

A physiologist?

I think you need to invest in a dictionary mate... ;-)

johnny crossan said:
is he saying you're on crack CC?
I'm so innocent, I didn't even know what this 'crack' stuff was until just now.

Let me tell you, from what I'm hearing, it's pretty dangerous stuff;

16ca0dl.png

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.